2.6 Release Notes *Updated (4/19/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion

2.6 Release Notes

Karn, Scion of Urza

Karn steps into Magic Puzzle Quest as our first ever Colorless Planeswalker, and he brings with him 5 Dominaria cards in his Custom Deck.

Being the first Colorless Planeswalker, Karn has some special rules for events.
  • Karn is allowed in events of any color(s)
  • Karn is allowed to enter nodes of any color(s)
  • Karn will only be allowed to player with a deck that contains cards that:
    • are Colorless
    • match the color(s) of the node.
    • are from the correct format (Standard/Legacy)
  • To exemplify:
    • Black Node:
      • Karn's deck will only be allowed to use Black and/or Colorless cards
    • Blue-Green Node:
      • Karn's deck will only be allowed to use Green, Blue, and/or Colorless cards
    • 5-Color Nodes:
      • Karn's deck is allowed to use all cards from all colors and/or Colorless cards

Karn, Scion of Urza Bundle

Behold the silver golem’s might, and be one of the first to wield some of Dominaria’s colorless cards in your deck. 

The new Karn, Scion of Urza bundle will be available in Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest until May 23rd, 8AM UTC. The bundle includes 5,000 Mana Runes and a custom deck of 5 Dominaria cards from the upcoming set.

After the May 23rd date, Karn, Scion of Urza won't be available in the Vault for Mana Crystals just yet until a later, not-yet-announced date. This date will be longer than previously released Planeswalkers, which tended to be 3 weeks after conclusion of bundle sale.

Our Gift to You

In anticipation of our return home to Dominaria, we want to give everyone a gift for being a part of the Magic Puzzle Quest community. Thank you for your support.

Changes

• Rivals of Ixalan cards are now available in Booster Crafting
  • Newest bundle offers are now displayed at the top of the Vault
  • Switched Customer Support platform from Zendesk to Helpshift
    • Push notifications will not be available in iOS if the app isn’t running. This issue will be fixed in 2.7. Players will still receive an Inbox message though.

Bug Fixes

• Elenda, the Dusk Rose will now properly reinforce when an opponent's creature is Destroyed. *New Update*
  • Rekindled Phoenix now replaces the Phoenix Elemental Totem's slot on the battlefield, instead of a Replace Creature prompt appearing *New Update*
  • Costly Plunder now destroys the last Creature you control, instead of the first.
  • After Jadelight Ranger's second Explore ability causes a gem match to occur, the player will now gain mana, instead of the opponent.
  • Vampire tokens are no longer reinforced, instead of being destroyed, when gaining life if they received damage equal to their Toughness during combat in the War of Sun and Dusk Event Node
  • HOU Exclusives are no longer tagged as Exclusive, and will be able to be crafted in Booster Crafting.
  • Fixed some minor text issues

Comments

• wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Um... wow.

Based on his first ability, are we to assume that he can use cards from any color?
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Perhaps he'll be limited to colorless and historic spells.
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So if I always pick colored cards for the first ability he can get +7 across the board but is limited to +4 if I choose colorless (though I get there in only 3 uses instead of 15)?
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This Karn guy... wow... does that mean he can use ANY card?  I can only imagine what kind of decks he could run... he'll be a menace in legacy!

Not only that, but what kind of mana rune costs for leveling him up are we going to see?

Also, free cards are always welcome!
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow. I did not see them going through with a 5 color walker. I hope they do have some form of deck restrictions or this is crazy. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And Llanowar Elves!  Sweet!
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Elves looks cool, glad y’all gave it the respect it deserves. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby just to clarify, this is NOT the full Dominaria Release?  Just Karn and the elves?

Also, what are Karn's Card and Node restrictions?  Knowing that will make a huge difference in whether or not to purchase him.  Knowing what his token does would be helpful as well.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brigby just to clarify, this is NOT the full Dominaria Release?  Just Karn and the elves?

Also, what are Karn's Card and Node restrictions?  Knowing that will make a huge difference in whether or not to purchase him.  Knowing what his token does would be helpful as well.
    That's correct. This is not the update that introduces the full Dominaria card set. This is just Karn, the 5 Dominaria cards he comes with, and Llanowar Elves.

Karn can use all colorless cards. In addition, the colors he is able to use depends on if there are color restrictions on the node he's used in. For example, if it is a Blue/Green node restriction, then Karn can use Blue, Green, and Colorless cards.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh wow, we were worried about how okatogon would introduce a colorless PW and this is perfect. Honestly the idea of him adapting to the colors of the node never crossed my mind but now that I see it this makes perfect sense and also makes him the most interesting PW till date. 

One question though, there are events that don't exactly have nodes, like oath of gatewatch kind of PVE events and quick battle... Will he be able to use all colors for those events?
  • Brigby
    Options
    khurram said:
    Oh wow, we were worried about how okatogon would introduce a colorless PW and this is perfect. Honestly the idea of him adapting to the colors of the node never crossed my mind but now that I see it this makes perfect sense and also makes him the most interesting PW till date. 

One question though, there are events that don't exactly have nodes, like oath of gatewatch kind of PVE events and quick battle... Will he be able to use all colors for those events?
    To my knowledge, if there are no color restrictions for the battle, then Karn will have access to all colors.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Brigby just to clarify, this is NOT the full Dominaria Release?  Just Karn and the elves?

That's correct. This is not the update that introduces the full Dominaria card set. This is just Karn, the 5 Dominaria cards he comes with, and Llanowar Elves.

Karn can use all colorless cards. In addition, the colors he is able to use depends on if there are color restrictions on the node he's used in. For example, if it is a Blue/Green node restriction, then Karn can use Blue, Green, and Colorless cards.
    I believe you misunderstood the Card restrictions question (or at least how I interpreted it). I'd like to know his Creature/Spells/Supports limit. Also to ask again, what does his summoned token creature do exactly? I can assume it gets a buff based on your supports in play similar to the paper version but what are its base P/T? How much does it get buffed by each support? Does it count support reinforcements?

Edit: About the Dominaria cards, will we get to see the 5 that he comes with? Are those cards only available to players that purchase him with cash or will players that buy him with crystals also get those cards once he becomes available in the vault?
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have an odd feeling that he will require the same amount of runes as Nicol does. He's going to be horrendous to level up for those that don't have enough runes to get him to at least the lvl 30-40s if his mana gains at max is +1 to each color.

And same question as ZW2007. Will those 5 cards be available once he gets into the vault while we wait for the actual Dominaria release?
  • ZW2007-
    Options
    One other question: will this update make RIX cards craftable?
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:

Changes

@ZW2007- Yes!
  • ZW2007-
    Options
    sjechua said:
    Brigby said:

Changes

@ZW2007- Yes!
    Wow, I totally skimmed over the entire changes section and read the bug fixes. :facepalm:
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    It says so right in the post...
  • ZW2007-
    Options
    James13 said:
    ZW2007- said:
    It says so right in the post...
    Yea, we already established that.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I was quite close on predicting Karn's abilities in the thread a few weeks back. Cool.