H4H Black Bolt Wrong Color?

13»

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Smart80 said:
    Easy fix? Give all 3 colors as an offer option, of which 1 can be bought... That way, as someone stated before, people wont have to wait 18 months on that 1 specific cover offer, and this whole convo becomes moot... and its not like you’ll be giving us the world on a platter..
    Suggested many times when the 5* offer started, and this thread suggests that, as mentioned then, this would be 1 less thing for the devs to manage, is all 3 colors were offered.

But, they would have to code this kind of offer (pick 1 of 3, only once). Not a priority, it seems.
    Code it like the Strange event doors? pick 1, lock the others..
    Oh wait, eventhough fixed, maybe not best idea... lol
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

I know armchair developers are not appreciated and that we don't know of the issues the devs face, but I do think that Smart80 had a good idea.. if there was a way to modify the 5* HfH cover (or the 4* cover!) to offer a different color to an individual if they already had 5 covers in that color it would be a very awesome QoL improvement and help tackle the frustration people are having at the 5* cover acquisitions. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Nabistay said:
    @Brigby

I know armchair developers are not appreciated and that we don't know of the issues the devs face, but I do think that Smart80 had a good idea.. if there was a way to modify the 5* HfH cover (or the 4* cover!) to offer a different color to an individual if they already had 5 covers in that color it would be a very awesome QoL improvement and help tackle the frustration people are having at the 5* cover acquisitions. 
    I don't imagine they want these to be viable 100% of the time, which is what this would enable.  That's great for us, but it takes the urge to spend money on resources to buy once in a year type opportunities.  I get that and I'm fine with that, this is a business not a charity.  However, when they have a predictable model to get a resource and they have oopsies or confusing policies it makes players not want to support a company making these mistakes and shrugging at player frustration to it, which is what this feels like...
  • Smart80
    broll said:
    Nabistay said:
    @Brigby

I don't imagine they want these to be viable 100% of the time, which is what this would enable.  That's great for us, but it takes the urge to spend money on resources to buy once in a year type opportunities.  I get that and I'm fine with that, this is a business not a charity.  However, when they have a predictable model to get a resource and they have oopsies or confusing policies it makes players not want to support a company making these mistakes and shrugging at player frustration to it, which is what this feels like...
    A business sells more if the product fits the customer. If we cant use a certain color, we wont buy it. If we can, we might...
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume th only reason they won’t implement your idea is it will cannabalise their 720cp sales. Not everyone buys them but I’m sure some do... I’m tempted myself because my oml 5/2/4 received 2 covers from xfw champion rewards update. 
  • Smart80
    Pongie said:
    I assume th only reason they won’t implement your idea is it will cannabalise their 720cp sales. Not everyone buys them but I’m sure some do... I’m tempted myself because my oml 5/2/4 received 2 covers from xfw champion rewards update. 
    Oh lol, seriously 100% forgot about that offer. 29 latest or 36 classic pulls, how could i ever forget.. :-)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I have a green Black Bolt cover coming up in the Daily Resupply in about a month. If I can't get a black or yellow Before then, I suppose it will have to go to waste... Not going to spend 720 CP to save it.

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Pongie said:
    Oh lol, seriously 100% forgot about that offer. 29 latest or 36 classic pulls, how could i ever forget.. :-)
    I can see the value in the punt in pulling latest (hey, I did exactly that with phx in the special store with the same odds. Started off with 5/1/3 and eventually got to 5/2/5 chasing that last purple. So many pulls that I gotten 9 champion levels for her by the time I got it. Worst part is, it wasn’t even from a pull but a bonus hero. Total 278 pulls and they weren’t enough to finish black bolt and black panther). With 20x 5*s in classics though, there’s no way anyone would want to take that gamble. I have built up my hoard to a little over 4100cp...
  • omen
    omen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Is that it then? The error won't be corrected?

Black Bolt will forever be out of sync with everyone else?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    omen said:

Or Surfer was the error. Since Black Bolt was expected to be first cover due to first time in store.
    So Surfer actually is the one out of sync.
  • Quebbster
    Daiches said:
    omen said:

Or Surfer was the error. Since Black Bolt was expected to be first cover due to first time in store.
    So Surfer actually is the one out of sync.
    And that error will likely be corrected next time Surfer is essential, when Heroes for Hire will offer a blue cover instead of a red.
    Assuming the devs pay attention of course.
  • omen
    omen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Since most other characters are on their second cover I'd say it's Black Bolt who's out of sync.
  • Daiches
    omen said:
    Since most other characters are on their second cover I'd say it's Black Bolt who's out of sync.
    That's because most characters are on or due their second run, while this is Black Bolt's first..
  • Quebbster

Daiches said:
    omen said:
    That's because most characters are on or due their second run, while this is Black Bolt's first..
    It's not even "most other characters" since it is a sample size of only four characters - Silver Surfer got his second cover offered, Doc Ock his first, Black Bolt his first and Green Goblin his second. Of those four, only Goblin has had a HfH offer before. Still, it's a 50/50 split between first covers and second covers, though only Surfer and Bolt are the ones that are contrasting - Ock and Goblin can be explained easily, but offering the second color for Surfer and the first for Bolt is odd. Still, it would seem more likely it is Surfer that is in error, not Bolt.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    The initial announcement:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68433/5-stars-in-heroes-for-hire-10-24-17#latest

Stated specifically:

• A single cover is available
      • Starts with the first cover from the top, and cycles through them from top to bottom
    So yes, Surfer is really the one in error, based on his history of not being offered in HfH prior to the one in March.
  • Daiches
    Quebbster said:

Daiches said:
    omen said:
    It's not even "most other characters" since it is a sample size of only four characters - Silver Surfer got his second cover offered, Doc Ock his first, Black Bolt his first and Green Goblin his second. Of those four, only Goblin has had a HfH offer before. Still, it's a 50/50 split between first covers and second covers, though only Surfer and Bolt are the ones that are contrasting - Ock and Goblin can be explained easily, but offering the second color for Surfer and the first for Bolt is odd. Still, it would seem more likely it is Surfer that is in error, not Bolt.
    Your sample size of 4 has 3 given the correct expected color and one not. The one that didn't get it correctly was Surfer. How is this helping your case?
  • Quebbster
    Daiches said:
    Quebbster said:

Daiches said:
    omen said:
    Your sample size of 4 has 3 given the correct expected color and one not. The one that didn't get it correctly was Surfer. How is this helping your case?

What is my case, specifically? Just trying to figure out what you are arguing here. I agreed with you and not with omen, but perhaps my post didn't make that very clear.