H4H Black Bolt Wrong Color?

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
Shouldn’t the H4H be black and not green?  This is crushing I was really counting on black...

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I, on the other hand, was expecting black but wanted green.

I already bought it in case it is a mistake and gets changed, although that's very unlikely.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s his first time being offered as a HfH, so I think it makes sense that they offer green this time.  Maybe I should have saved up.....nah, 2/1/0 or 3/1/0 is pretty much the same. He just makes charge tiles for Gambit in the 5E.
  • Ss and bb were in same situation : already essential with boost but without hero for hire.
    Ss had 2nd cover
    Bb had 1st

Consistency? Noooo
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would it be black? It's his first time in the HfH store, so it should be first cover.
    Have you forgotten that Blackagar Boltagon was the last 5star before they started with the 5star HfH offers?
  • broll
    edited April 2018
    Daiches said:
    Why would it be black? It's his first time in the HfH store, so it should be first cover.
    Have you forgotten that Blackagar Boltagon was the last 5star before they started with the 5star HfH offers?
    For two reasons:
    1. As noted above Silver Surfer was in the exact same scenario and got the second instead of the first. 
    2. If they were going to offer the for for Silver Surfer & Black Bolt they should have been first. It’s going to become extremely obtuse to track/know what to expect if you need to know the entire history of the characters offerings to know. Expecting that we’re currently in the 2nd cover phase on classics is far more straightforward.  (For player and developer)

If 1st time offered, should be first color. I don't track these things so *shrug*

I remember adding up how ridiculously long it would take to cycle through these things. Was something like 1.5yrs to get through all 3 colors, and that was just for the 5s in the wild when this thing started.

Regardless, I think it should be much cheaper for those who already have the character champed. 5* champ levels are pretty great :wink: 

All the more reason to have a straightforward pattern and stick to it so people done have to wait up to 1.5 years for the cover to come around again if they go off odd or unexpected patterns. 
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Yep, Surfer was in the same case as Bolt but had his second cover featured in the store. I was hoping to see the first cover for Surfer, so I did notice.

Definitely, it's weird to see the first cover for Bolt although that was the second cover for Surfer (and too bad for me I guess). :(
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I'm still in 4*-land but there the characters in the HfH-store are currently offered the second time and it's their 1st color AGAIN. So I would not count on anything regarding these offers. 
  • hammajama
    hammajama Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    I was expecting BB black cover too especially after I saw that SS got his second. I have been keeping 250 CP on hand for a while just for this. (my BB is at 5/2/2)
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/5/2 was pleased to see black so we only have to wait 1.5 years to complete him instead of ~4.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/5/2 was pleased to see black so we only have to wait 1.5 years to complete him instead of ~4.
    My 6/1/2 Black Bolt is rather upset at this turn of events.  But I'll probably only have to wait 3 years to get the last cover for my 5/5/2 Thano5. :(
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    How's your Gamora?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

My 5/4/3 Bolt was really hoping for a black cover offer after seeing the red cover offered for Silver Surfer, but apparently Surfer was the mistake and that was fixed now. The irony is that Surfer could have been champed with either blue or red, but for Bolt I needed any color but the first...

One interesting thing to note is that next set of Classic fivestars might have Peter Parker in there who is the first character who has previously been offered as a Latest fivestar but is not Classic (Doc Ock had his last run as a Latest just Before the Heroes for Hire offers started). As far as I can tell he was offered twice in HfH Before going Classic, so it remains to be seen if the Classic offer is for the top or the bottom color. I guess we will see around the end of the month, maybe...

(I am assuming they are skipping 5tar-Lord this cycle since he was featured twice already, but I could be wrong. If Star-Lord comes back, it will be Another cycle Before Peter Parker gets his turn).

• Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Has 5* Thor been in the HFH store yet? If not, can I expect (even if not with assurance) that they would start with the first color?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jexman said:
    Has 5* Thor been in the HFH store yet? If not, can I expect (even if not with assurance) that they would start with the first color?

Yes, when he was Latest. His first Classic offer probably won't be around until October sometime (if you are lucky, might be next April instead). We'll probably be able to deduce what color will be offered long Before then though.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Jexman said:
    Thor has not been available at 250 CP yet, if that is your main concern - only 500.  It may be that he is offered with his first color, but it has been somewhat unpredictable.  We are also about 6 months from him being run as a Classic if they stick to the assumed plan, which is to run through all Classics which are in the store at the beginning of a cycle before restarting again.  (Vs adding Classics to the 5E schedule as the store updates).  
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    well I can wait until then, sitting at 2-5-5 but what's the rush, I shouldn't level him until he's champ able if I understand the meta at present.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I am extremely happy with this turn of events; i even had a thread about this when they skipped SS's blue. This means I can get my BB championed this year instead of 2019 sometime. D3 has never known consistency.. SS should have been blue. That being said the HfH cycle and the 4* deadpool nodes both need to have their frequency increase DRAMATICALLY. the fact that their random choices make years of differences to players that we CANNOT plan for is ludicrous! -_- 

plz devs! fix the 5* HfH cycling! 
  • broll
    @Brigby @Demiurge_Will @IceIX
    Any chance we can get an official comment?
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    @Brigby @Demiurge_Will @IceIX
    Any chance we can get an official comment?
    I guess not.

Really wanted that black cover.  Would have been fine with it being green if at least there was some consistency.  Things like this only further reinforce the whole dartboard theory.