H4H Black Bolt Wrong Color?

Comments

• omen
    omen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I was so annoyed by this, so I'm glad it has been mentioned. I planned for weeks on getting that Black Bolt black cover. I even decided against buying a Black Panther cover just to make sure I had enough CP for the Thanos and Black Bolt covers.

I just wish they'd put out an announcement or something ahead of time to allow us to plan ahead a little.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    As for which cover comes up, I'm betting it's "random," the equivalent of pulling a cover. Why give anyone anything to look forward to?  :|
  • zooink2018
    zooink2018 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Alas... my Black Bolt is 5/0/0... anything but green would be fine for me
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    T-REZ5000 said:
    broll said:
    @Brigby @Demiurge_Will @IceIX
    Any chance we can get an official comment?
    I guess not.

Really wanted that black cover.  Would have been fine with it being green if at least there was some consistency.  Things like this only further reinforce the whole dartboard theory.

It does? The covers offered have been very consistent, the only one that broke the pattern was Silver Surfer. That one I can understand since he had been essential once already (Before HfH was launched), so someone probably assumed his second color was due instead of the first.

I am not happy they corrected the error in time for Black Bolt's run, but there's not much to do about that. There are others who are very happy being offered a green cover.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    T-REZ5000 said:
    broll said:
    I guess not.

Really wanted that black cover.  Would have been fine with it being green if at least there was some consistency.  Things like this only further reinforce the whole dartboard theory.

It does? The covers offered have been very consistent, the only one that broke the pattern was Silver Surfer. That one I can understand since he had been essential once already (Before HfH was launched), so someone probably assumed his second color was due instead of the first.

I am not happy they corrected the error in time for Black Bolt's run, but there's not much to do about that. There are others who are very happy being offered a green cover.

I agree they have been pretty consistent.  In addition to this SS vs BB issue they also ran SL (I think, correct me if wrong) twice last run and said their fix would be to no run him this time.  We'll see if they remember to skip him or not...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    T-REZ5000 said:
    broll said:
    I guess not.

... The covers offered have been very consistent, the only one that broke the pattern was Silver Surfer.

... There are others who are very happy being offered a green cover.

Didn’t know that about consistency — if so, this is just dumb and unfair, getting players to rely on a pattern and then just breaking it without warning or rationale. 

(And, for the record, I badly wanted black, too.) 
  • omen
    Nabistay said:
    @Brigby

Perhaps the solution is to offer the black-black-bolt cover for sale soon? maybe in addition to the green cover that is up for sale? Of course I am biased as I could use both..
      Good idea! It would catch BB up with everyone else.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was also anticipating a black cover. It looked like that’s where things were heading. I let a SS red go by as well. Me sad. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. It would appear that Surfer Silver had previously been offered before in the Heroes for Hire store, but Black Bolt had not yet. That was why Black Bolt's first cover was listed, however Silver Surfer's listed his second cover.
  • Quebbster
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. It would appear that Surfer Silver had previously been offered before in the Heroes for Hire store, but Black Bolt had not yet. That was why Black Bolt's first cover was listed, however Silver Surfer's listed his second cover.
    @Brigby

Either Surfer was offered in a special offer, other than for being essential, or there was either an error regarding Surfer, or an error regarding Bolt.

The players expressing concern want to know which was the case, as that may have implications for the future, and affect their attempts to plan ahead.

See below, Exhibit A ( :tongue: ), this is an excerpted list of 5* essentials.

Surfer's first tour as essential (in Sep '17) predated the 5* HfH store (which started 10/26/17). On his second tour as essential (on 3/18/18), Surfers second color was offered for sale. 

Second tour, second color, despite being his first appearance in the store.

Bolt's first tour as essential (10/22/17) predated the 5* HfH store (which started 10/26/17). On his second tour as essential (on 4/8/18), Bolt's first color was offered for sale. 

Second tour, first color, first appearance in the store .. despite what happened with Surfer.

Was there another offer featuring Surfer, which 'counted' toward the rotation? If so, when was it? Set these curious minds at ease.

If there was a special offer, the people trying to track this have more work to do.

If no special offer, then what can players expect going forward, no other classics were essential before the store started, so this only seems to concern Bolt and Surfer.

Exhibit A: History of 5* Essentials & HfH 5* Offerings

DateCharacterClassic / LatestColourNote

08-Oct-17Silver SurferClassicBlue

22-Oct-17Black BoltClassicGreen
    26-Oct-17Green GoblinClassic
    5* H4H Store Starts

18-Mar-18Silver SurferClassicRed
    Start of Second Cycle

08-Apr-18Black BoltClassicGreen
    Unknown as to why green again

On the other hand, we already had an offer for Dr Octopus, who had been featured twice as a Latest essential Before the HfH fivestar offers started, so by this logic his third color should have been offered. Instead his first color was the one on offer.

I am Writing this off as a bookkeeping error on the dev's end, which Brigby's answer seems to support. :)

• Quebbster
    Quebbster said:

On the other hand, we already had an offer for Dr Octopus, who had been featured twice as a Latest essential Before the HfH fivestar offers started, so by this logic his third color should have been offered. Instead his first color was the one on offer.

I am Writing this off as a bookkeeping error on the dev's end, which Brigby's answer seems to support. :)

Doc was essential twice before the store started, yes, so his last time being essential was his third tour ... but, yes, it was his first color that was offered. I remember that clearly because I have a 525 Doc :D 

Seems to indicate the error was on Surfer ... or something else was counted regarding Surfer.

Apparently no one was interested in buying an Ock cover, so no one cared :tongue:

I vaguely remember some discussion, but people were mostly upset because it was Ock and not Bolt. For some strange reason. Color was briefly mentioned though.
  • Zeta_zero
    Zeta_zero Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Is there any chance we can get a schedule of who is coming up when? 
  • Quebbster
    Zeta_zero said:
    Is there any chance we can get a schedule of who is coming up when? 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70294/list-of-featured-5-essentials
  • omen
    Smart80 said:
    Easy fix? Give all 3 colors as an offer option, of which 1 can be bought... That way, as someone stated before, people wont have to wait 18 months on that 1 specific cover offer, and this whole convo becomes moot... and its not like you’ll be giving us the world on a platter..

I really like that idea!
  • Zeta_zero
    Zeta_zero Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Quebbster I meant upcoming schedule, not previous runs where we just guess what's coming next from previous rotation. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:
    @Brigby

Either Surfer was offered in a special offer, other than for being essential, or there was either an error regarding Surfer, or an error regarding Bolt.

The players expressing concern want to know which was the case, as that may have implications for the future, and affect their attempts to plan ahead.

See below, Exhibit A ( :tongue: ), this is an excerpted list of 5* essentials.

Surfer's first tour as essential (in Sep '17) predated the 5* HfH store (which started 10/26/17). On his second tour as essential (on 3/18/18), Surfers second color was offered for sale. 

Second tour, second color, despite being his first appearance in the store.

Bolt's first tour as essential (10/22/17) predated the 5* HfH store (which started 10/26/17). On his second tour as essential (on 4/8/18), Bolt's first color was offered for sale. 

Second tour, first color, first appearance in the store .. despite what happened with Surfer.

Was there another offer featuring Surfer, which 'counted' toward the rotation? If so, when was it? Set these curious minds at ease.

If there was a special offer, the people trying to track this have more work to do.

If no special offer, then what can players expect going forward, no other classics were essential before the store started, so this only seems to concern Bolt and Surfer.

Exhibit A: History of 5* Essentials & HfH 5* Offerings

DateCharacterClassic / LatestColourNote

08-Oct-17Silver SurferClassicBlue

22-Oct-17Black BoltClassicGreen
    26-Oct-17Green GoblinClassic
    5* H4H Store Starts

18-Mar-18Silver SurferClassicRed
    Start of Second Cycle

08-Apr-18Black BoltClassicGreen
    Unknown as to why green again

And that's the problem with this system.  This is the third already.  Each one of these hurts the players counting on it due to the extremely long cycle and devs unwillingness to appropriately address the issues.  They need to come up with a better system that's not so convoluted for us and them to keep track of....