Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Options
191012141520

Comments

  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm pretty sure those questions were answered by will. No to both
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options

    Another question for the unanswered "can't wait until it's delivered to find out" pile.

    Do supports contribute to XP in any way?

    Will gaining a CL also reward red ISO?  If so, will it be backdated as "normal" ISO was?


    bigsmooth said:
    Question: Does "recruiting" or "leveling up" your supports give XP toward SHIELD ranks?
    Not at the launch of Supports, no.

    (It's something we'd like to add later - if we're able to add that in, then when we do, we'd credit you XP for the recruiting/leveling you've already done.)

  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    ^^^^

    Thanks.

  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If not reading all pages fully, it can be useful to skim the colored posts
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    That being said, Unstable ISO-8 was swapped out for MR&G. And since the story for Unstable involves Red ISO, it is probably next.
    I think your on to something. That is why they swapped them so we can use them in that event from the beginning and it goes with the Red ISO theme.
    Pretty sure they changed it because Unstable ISO would give 2 jubilee covers as rewards from progression and they didn't wanna give two progression covers for her after being kind enough to give a majority of players 3 covers from the boss event.
    The majority of players didn't get *any* Jubilee covers from that event.  In fact, I would be beyond shocked to find out that greater than 10% of players (which is the normal amount, among players who play in CLR 7 or higher) got any Jubilee covers.  Boss events are deeply unfriendly to players in noncompetitive alliances, which is vastly more than the competitive ones.

    Don't make the mistake of thinking that boss events put out covers to more people than normal events do.  They put out to fewer.
    When my alliance completed round 8, we were already ranked ~110-120. That was over 24 hrs before the event ended. Lets say 200 alliances completed round 8 by the time the event finished, you still have to factor those that made it to round 6. It could very well be 400-500 alliances that received at least a cover for Jubilee (if not more). I think that's more than 10% of the player base. One of the screenshot had alliance rank x of 16199, though how many of these alliances are actually full? Where as those alliances that made it to later rounds has to be close to full to do so.    
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Shintok17 said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    That being said, Unstable ISO-8 was swapped out for MR&G. And since the story for Unstable involves Red ISO, it is probably next.
    I think your on to something. That is why they swapped them so we can use them in that event from the beginning and it goes with the Red ISO theme.
    Pretty sure they changed it because Unstable ISO would give 2 jubilee covers as rewards from progression and they didn't wanna give two progression covers for her after being kind enough to give a majority of players 3 covers from the boss event.
    The majority of players didn't get *any* Jubilee covers from that event.  In fact, I would be beyond shocked to find out that greater than 10% of players (which is the normal amount, among players who play in CLR 7 or higher) got any Jubilee covers.  Boss events are deeply unfriendly to players in noncompetitive alliances, which is vastly more than the competitive ones.

    Don't make the mistake of thinking that boss events put out covers to more people than normal events do.  They put out to fewer.
    When my alliance completed round 8, we were already ranked ~110-120. That was over 24 hrs before the event ended. Lets say 200 alliances completed round 8 by the time the event finished, you still have to factor those that made it to round 6. It could very well be 400-500 alliances that received at least a cover for Jubilee (if not more). I think that's more than 10% of the player base. One of the screenshot had alliance rank x of 16199, though how many of these alliances are actually full? Where as those alliances that made it to later rounds has to be close to full to do so.    
    As a data point from a generally non-competitive alliance, we barely finished Round 5 for one Jubilee cover and we ranked ~2,450, so ~15% of alliances seem to have gotten at least one of her cover.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hopefully we can get a couple new ddq nodes to support Supports. Perhaps a daily to award 2-3-4 tokens and a new 5 day crash for the 4-5s. The extra points from the daily could add a 7th progression reward for red iso.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Pongie said:
    Shintok17 said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    That being said, Unstable ISO-8 was swapped out for MR&G. And since the story for Unstable involves Red ISO, it is probably next.
    I think your on to something. That is why they swapped them so we can use them in that event from the beginning and it goes with the Red ISO theme.
    Pretty sure they changed it because Unstable ISO would give 2 jubilee covers as rewards from progression and they didn't wanna give two progression covers for her after being kind enough to give a majority of players 3 covers from the boss event.
    The majority of players didn't get *any* Jubilee covers from that event.  In fact, I would be beyond shocked to find out that greater than 10% of players (which is the normal amount, among players who play in CLR 7 or higher) got any Jubilee covers.  Boss events are deeply unfriendly to players in noncompetitive alliances, which is vastly more than the competitive ones.

    Don't make the mistake of thinking that boss events put out covers to more people than normal events do.  They put out to fewer.
    When my alliance completed round 8, we were already ranked ~110-120. That was over 24 hrs before the event ended. Lets say 200 alliances completed round 8 by the time the event finished, you still have to factor those that made it to round 6. It could very well be 400-500 alliances that received at least a cover for Jubilee (if not more). I think that's more than 10% of the player base. One of the screenshot had alliance rank x of 16199, though how many of these alliances are actually full? Where as those alliances that made it to later rounds has to be close to full to do so.    
    As a data point from a generally non-competitive alliance, we barely finished Round 5 for one Jubilee cover and we ranked ~2,450, so ~15% of alliances seem to have gotten at least one of her cover.
    my alliance was ranked #616, and we got 2 Jubilee covers (and were close to #3)
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another flaming carrot on a stick.....
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,432 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another flaming carrot on a stick.....
    When 2/3 of the new content (4* characters) doesn’t make a lick of difference to vets in the 5* tier, a new carrot at least helps with keeping interest. And the Support is like a user controlled rebalance ability.  I remain interested since nothing is live yet.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Another flaming carrot on a stick.....
    Flaming Carrot confirmed as a new support character? That'd be awesome!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,200 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow Borstock, your comic acumen is second to none... Wikipedia is my friend:

    FlamingCarrotjpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Carrot_Comics

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow Borstock, your comic acumen is second to none... Wikipedia is my friend:

    FlamingCarrotjpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Carrot_Comics

    The wild shall wild remain.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Damn tutorial Fury wasted my Shield Support on someone I did not want to equip it to. The 2hr wait begins.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Damn tutorial Fury wasted my Shield Support on someone I did not want to equip it to. The 2hr wait begins.
    He also told you that he'll take care of the countdown and you can swap it right away.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Damn tutorial Fury wasted my Shield Support on someone I did not want to equip it to. The 2hr wait begins.
    Oh rly? When Supp tutorial ended, 2rd time indicator disappeared and i can swap supports without waiting.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Red ISO8 leveling cost seems high. How is it supposed to work? We hoard ISO for about 1-2 years to unload it on Rank5 supports, yes?

    What increases to what when putting ISO in it? This needs to be displayed before I put that currency into Rank 1 supports.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is Swapable but I did not want any support on him. I can't take it off for 2hrs. I dont use him anymore. It chose my highest leveled 5* instead of my highest leveled 4* champ, who is leveled higher. Either way whatever.