Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Options

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:
    The Red ISO8 leveling cost seems high. How is it supposed to work? We hoard ISO for about 1-2 years to unload it on Rank5 supports, yes?

What increases to what when putting ISO in it? This needs to be displayed before I put that currency into Rank 1 supports.

I see no information on this or how often Red ISO will appear so it's impossible to know. 

There's also no information on when supports will be earnable and when they are, what the rough drop rate will be for a 5* one etc.  So "enjoy" the 4 for now and wait. 

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv said:
    The Red ISO8 leveling cost seems high. How is it supposed to work? We hoard ISO for about 1-2 years to unload it on Rank5 supports, yes?

What increases to what when putting ISO in it? This needs to be displayed before I put that currency into Rank 1 supports.
    Levels remain persistent as you rank up, though. if you level a rank 1 to 50 and then pull a rank 3, you now have a rank 3, level 50 support and whatever amount of red Iso-8 you'd have gotten for scrapping a duplicate rank 1 of the support.

So, I mean, hoarding Iso-8 really only makes sense if the supports you have aren't supports you're going to use, or if the supports you really want, you don't have yet.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:

We dont need to max out 120+ Supports, just... i dunno, 3-5 will be enough for me like forever.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

I spent 11 Red ISO on the shield to move it to level 2, the support now provides a massive 171 extra health, up from 165.  So levels will increase the numbers associated with each perk rank, so small % increase. 

Ranks 1-5 increase what perks are unlocked.

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I need time to get my head around how all this works. I think it's going to be a long while before I actually use this feature.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The level of each support goes to a max 250.....we are just getting started.  Adding ranks allows higher levels.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would be nice to be able to see who has what Support equipped, without having to click 3 times just to get to the Support screen on a specific character. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The day these hit pvp I’m done, unless it’s a one way street. I don’t want to have to navigate through a load of boosts to see how much AP is going to be robbed from me each match. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the tutorial.  This is a great add and should be included with all new features / features not tutorialed in the prologue.  

Not overly impressed with the actual system yet.  For now I'm gonna ignore it until word comes out which are worth in vesting in.  At the entry levels I can't imagine noticing the difference.
  • Shintok17
    Options
    ursopro said:
    Shintok17 said:
    It would be nice to be able to see who has what Support equipped, without having to click 3 times just to get to the Support screen on a specific character. 
    I thought mobile players loved to click, click, click between multiple screens to access anything barely relevant in this game. 

Well, that's what the devs made me believe at least.

I sense a your a little salty about your new "Improved" PC UI.  :p
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Punter1 said:

I spent 11 Red ISO on the shield to move it to level 2, the support now provides a massive 171 extra health, up from 165.  So levels will increase the numbers associated with each perk rank, so small % increase. 

Spent 11 riso on the Hydr henchmen. Chance goes up from 8% to 8.13%
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Test 1: Vintage Shield synergy works with Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    Test 2: Vintage Shield synergy doesn’t work with Sam Wilson (Captain America)
    Test 3: Vintage Shield synergy works with Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    Text requires clarification to specify Peggy or Steve rather than Captain America.
  • Shintok17
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Punter1 said:

Wow that's a big jump there. lol. But seriously Supports do feel underwhelming. I thought supports would make using the rest of the 4*'s or characters that are not the usual strong or useful ones more appealing to use other than when they are boosted. I guess they will be equipped on our everyday team and be forgotten.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shintok17 said:

nuuuuuuu, never, if anything now is like playing Clicker Heroes inside my MPQ, what is not to like :D
  • Shintok17
    Options
    ursopro said:
    Shintok17 said:

nuuuuuuu, never, if anything now is like playing Clicker Heroes inside my MPQ, what is not to like :D
     :D 
  • Over__Flow
    Options
    Bonus max health acts as a small true heal at start of fight. Nice
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    supergarv said:
    Punter1 said:

Wow that's a big jump there. lol. But seriously Supports do feel underwhelming. I thought supports would make using the rest of the 4*'s or characters that are not the usual strong or useful ones more appealing to use other than when they are boosted. I guess they will be equipped on our everyday team and be forgotten.
    To be honest, 11 riso isn't much of course. Gaining one level on a 2* or 3* isn't earth shattering either. Wait until you hit level 50 on a rank. Safe to say that'll be way more worth it.
  • Shintok17
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Shintok17 said:
    supergarv said:
    Punter1 said:

To be honest, 11 riso isn't much of course. Gaining one level on a 2* or 3* isn't earth shattering either. Wait until you hit level 50 on a rank. Safe to say that'll be way more worth it.
    Yeah I know. I was just being sarcastic. It probably would be awesome at higher levels. I just hope we have a lot of ways to get Red Iso and Support Tokens.