Jubilee (Uncanny X-Men) (4/3/18)

Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    A new release during a Boss Battle? ...YEESSSSSS!!!!!   Thank you so much.
    Hope this will become a new standard for Marvel Puzzle quest  :)
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I want Jubilee! She looks awesome. [Slinks away to my corner to pout and glare jealously...]
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    A boss event as the release event for a new 4* is a nice change.  Although I think Apocalypse could still use some tweaking: it is a real turn off to the lower level members of my alliance.

Usually I can tell them that they are still helping when they wipe on the boss, since any damage they do helps our score.  But with Apocalyspe healing himself, if they can't take out the horsemen they are likely to get zero points for the match.  Sure, they'll still get points for the side nodes but that is often peanuts compared to what you get from the boss.
    They just need to fire powers and team ups then retreat.

Low-level alliance members (got a few 2* and early 3* players in mine) even struggle to get the AP to fire a power before Apocalypse wipes the floor with them.

Regardless, constantly retreating for 3 days is not much fun and it doesn't feel like you're actually helping your alliance.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing on the Shield Training Loaner Node, I feel like Jubilee suits my play style. The special tile overwriting kind of makes her feel a bit like Gambit/Chavez + Lockjaw = Jubilee maybe. I like all the FX animations as well, I feel like she'll be pretty fun to mix in to some teams.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards

Playing on the Shield Training Loaner Node, I feel like Jubilee suits my play style. The special tile overwriting kind of makes her feel a bit like Gambit/Chavez + Lockjaw = Jubilee maybe. I like all the FX animations as well, I feel like she'll be pretty fun to mix in to some teams.
    How does her health compare to average 4*?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    She has 13,995 hit points at level 270, more than the Mockingbird they put her with, but about 5,000 less than TA Hulk who is on the other side. In the past, many of these loaner node experiences for me have resulted in the new character being summarily KO'd before i get to do anything, and that wasn't the  case for this one. Pairing her with Mockingbird and TA Hulk means that both her active abilities are overlapped by one or the other though, so that wasn't too rad.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I had a lot of fun playing with Jubilee as a loner in the Shield Training. Looking forward to getting my own.
  • DAZ0273
    She has 13,995 hit points at level 270, more than the Mockingbird they put her with, but about 5,000 less than TA Hulk who is on the other side. In the past, many of these loaner node experiences for me have resulted in the new character being summarily KO'd before i get to do anything, and that wasn't the  case for this one. Pairing her with Mockingbird and TA Hulk means that both her active abilities are overlapped by one or the other though, so that wasn't too rad.
    Thanks, so they didn't build in any great advantages for triggering her yellow by having her as a lower health character.

It might just be me but it seems quite weird having this version of Jubilee with higher health than Wolverine.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is surprising how fun the game becomes when you have good synergy between chars.

Thats what makes the join forces nodes so awful.  Random pairings suck both thematically and from a game play perspective.  

My biggest wish for pve events is a human curated boost list and "join forces" node designed with fun teams that synergies well in mind
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    A new charged tile generator, yea.  She looks solid to me, with a few more charge tile creators she might become the Medusa of charge teams.  Black Bolt and 4-Thor, especially 4-Thor no important color overlap, have a new friend.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Fun fact: we now have all but one of the classic "X-Men '92" animated series lineup, in their costumes from that era, represented in the game. The holdout is the '92 version of Jean Grey; she is represented in person by Phoenix but not in her standard costume.
  • DAZ0273
    CNash said:
    Fun fact: we now have all but one of the classic "X-Men '92" animated series lineup, in their costumes from that era, represented in the game. The holdout is the '92 version of Jean Grey; she is represented in person by Phoenix but not in her standard costume.
    Actually we don't have Wolverine either - 2* is quite near it but is not the same costume.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    A new charged tile generator, yea.  She looks solid to me, with a few more charge tile creators she might become the Medusa of charge teams.  Black Bolt and 4-Thor, especially 4-Thor no important color overlap, have a new friend.
    Can we take a moment to look at the fact that her green does the EXACT same thing as 4Thors yellow but costs 3 less ap, does more damage AND makes more charged tiles? The power creep is strong with this one...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    The principal cast is in, yeah except Jean variant. Doing well on the frequent guests too—(not necessarily in '90s versions tho), like Iceman, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Witch, Quicksilver, Angel, yadda, but still missing some great ones, like Banshee, Bishop, Emma Frost.

Not so fun fact ... not doing so great on the villains from the show. Have Juggs, Mags, Mystique ... Apocalypse (boss only) ... still missing Sabretooth, Toad, the Sentinels, Mister Sinister, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red.
    Talk to me when they add Morph... haha
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    ZeiramMR said:
    CNash said:
    The principal cast is in, yeah except Jean variant. Doing well on the frequent guests too—(not necessarily in '90s versions tho), like Iceman, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Witch, Quicksilver, Angel, yadda, but still missing some great ones, like Banshee, Bishop, Emma Frost.

Not so fun fact ... not doing so great on the villains from the show. Have Juggs, Mags, Mystique ... Apocalypse (boss only) ... still missing Sabretooth, Toad, the Sentinels, Mister Sinister, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red.
    Talk to me when they add Morph... haha
    Morph was created for the Cartoon show not in the original comics. I doubt we will see him. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Can we take a moment to look at the fact that her green does the EXACT same thing as 4Thors yellow but costs 3 less ap, does more damage AND makes more charged tiles? The power creep is strong with this one...
    Not the first time look at Chulk, his green and Rogue's red is another that comes to mind.  It is happening all over.  When you pair the two you will not be using 4Thor's yellow anyway so it works perfectly.  They will be crazy good together and throw in Black Bolt and that team will be nasty, stun, control and crazy damage. Looking forward to trying her out in event tonight. 
  • DAZ0273
    I have to say I thought she was pretty neat in the Shield training node, another good 4 after Valkyrie seems cool also.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

I'll be honest...I completely forgot that she had a yellow since she's teamed up with IM40 so often.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited April 2018
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to provide some clarity on Jubilee's Heart of the Team (Yellow) ability.

It is the extra match damage that her allies receive, not damage itself. In addition, only Jubilee needs to have health lower than her opponents for her allies to receive the bonus, as opposed to her allies needing to be lower health as well.

Hope that helps!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to provide some clarity on Jubilee's Heart of the Team (Yellow) ability.

It is the extra match damage that her allies receive, not damage itself. In addition, only Jubilee needs to have health lower than her opponents for her allies to receive the bonus, as opposed to her allies needing to be lower health as well.

Hope that helps!
    Thanos has a new friend?