Is any one else hoarding until the next big change to the game?

Comments

• Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    Hoarding LT and CP, but only because my AA has 13 covers, and I don't intend to champ him. 
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Hoarding is boring, but seems to be the only way I can cover a 5*.  Prior efforts at trying my luck have yielded nothing but a big ol pile of 6-8 cover characters. So I’m in my 2nd hoarding cycle (cashed in hoard #1 round xmas for gambit/dd/gthor).  It has exactly zero to do with any upcoming features though.  But I’d happily accept some additional benefit to doing so!
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Full hoard mode
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Umm the hidden button on the game had a screen with a new currency at the top i assume you would use that for the new feature
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Hoarding to avoid AA in tokens so nothing to do with new feature
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I was them i'd troll everyone doing this (including me) by having the 5* that replaces AA be a 5* vulture type. An airborne 5* Infinity War IM or some other flying IW tie in. Then I'd sit back and watch the money roll in.

I'm hoarding until AA is out too but then I'm not too impressed with GR either so will have to see what GRs replacement is like too. I'm at 340 pulls so I'm ready to go, just a waiting game.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod Mode: ON***

Just a friendly reminder that posting data-mined info on the Forums is against the rules. I understand some people may be curious as to what is coming up next but I ask that you exercise some patience until an official announcement is made. 

Thank you and have a great weekend!

***Mod Mode: OFF***
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot said:
    If I was them i'd troll everyone doing this (including me) by having the 5* that replaces AA be a 5* vulture type. An airborne 5* Infinity War IM or some other flying IW tie in. Then I'd sit back and watch the money roll in.

I'm hoarding until AA is out too but then I'm not too impressed with GR either so will have to see what GRs replacement is like too. I'm at 340 pulls so I'm ready to go, just a waiting game.
    That would be 'amusing'.  Would give me the option of having a potentially new OP 5* or the hard counter.  But probably still no contest.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    The bigger question is whether there is anything you can meaningfully hoard that will help with the new feature.  If it depends on some new resource, then we'd all be starting at zero.

Having a stash of hero points didn't help when they introduced legendary tokens and command points.  And it wasn't clear what would have made sense to stockpile before they introduced championing: you needed the iso from the unwanted covers back then.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is the only thread I can recall seeing the majority of people saying NOT to hoard LT/CP.

I maintained a small hoard mostly to help me get my first JJ, but part of that was to have some resources on-hand for whatever this new feature is in case it mattered. But definitely trying to get a few more Vulture covers (mine is almost at 300) before he rolls out of tokens on Thursday is more important to me than waiting for a potential gain that may not even exist. (That's not a slight against Valkyrie who also seems pretty good, but having another cover for a 5* and boosting one of the best 4* characters is worth more to me overall.) 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    100LTs, 650/600 tacos, 2200+ cp
    I'm not sure what for  but I'm hoarding
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    you can hoard cp/lts and still progress your roster if you open other tokens and champ everyone using iso
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Hoarding as much as I can.  And right now, I am out of room.  But I have 3x 2 stars that I’m farming at 144 waiting to see if there is a change.  I’d hate to sell all 3 just to see some sort of change. 

As for CP and LTs there’s no point to open now.  I have a bunch of new 4* waiting and have no room. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am like a dragon sleeping on a mountain of gold and treasure. My hoard gives me comfort.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,320 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should hoard because I'm having to save ISO to champ 4*s on the vine. But since I'm more likely now to get covers for champed 4* than anything else, I'm keeping 120 CP back for those pesky 5/5/2 characters and spending the rest of everything in my pursuit of ISO.

I have 4000HP because I have nothing to spend them on until the next H4H is one that I need. 

I do have 1157 health packs though....
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hoarding taco tokens at the moment, but only short term and not related to coming features.  As soon as I see a few things in the Taco Vault I want, I'll cash them in.  You've definitely got me wondering about new features, though.  Fight4thedream's request for patience isn't going to be easy for me.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I have about 8 and (counting) 3* characters approaching 266 with fully covered dupes ready to champ. And I don’t have the iso to invest in them. So I was hoarding them for a while before the rumblings of change. Same with Heroics. Don’t want to pull a 3/4 I can’t afford to champ. 
    Lol I can't take your iso issues seriously anymore. You have almost 800 non LT tokens you cash in but you don't think you have iso?
    And at this point, I don't know why you still are afraid of wasting stuff. You have like all 4*s champed, and you're worried about wasting a dupe 3*?
    As for the topic, I'm not for reading the tea leaves and trying to plan on a big change.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    I have about 8 and (counting) 3* characters approaching 266 with fully covered dupes ready to champ. And I don’t have the iso to invest in them. So I was hoarding them for a while before the rumblings of change. Same with Heroics. Don’t want to pull a 3/4 I can’t afford to champ. 
    Lol I can't take your iso issues seriously anymore. You have almost 800 non LT tokens you cash in but you don't think you have iso?
    And at this point, I don't know why you still are afraid of wasting stuff. You have like all 4*s champed, and you're worried about wasting a dupe 3*?
    As for the topic, I'm not for reading the tea leaves and trying to plan on a big change.
    So are you saying you'd just sell all the dupe 3* covers and keep the 266. Or that you would recycle the 266s and start over with a level 166?

I have eight 3* at 260+ and another twelve at 257+ that will also need champing if I open 800+ tokens.  At 127k a pop, that get really expensive. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    So are you saying you'd just sell all the dupe 3* covers and keep the 266. Or that you would recycle the 266s and start over with a level 166?

I have eight 3* at 260+ and another twelve at 257+ that will also need champing if I open 800+ tokens.  At 127k a pop, that get really expensive. 
    I mean, you are putting yourself in this predicament. I have a bunch of 3*s at 260+, but I still am post iso because those covers come slow enough. You wouldn't need so much iso at once if you didn't have such a big hoard.
    But even if you did start opening them, I bet you could survive keeping dupe champs. Worst case scenario you could probably champ 5 3*s in 2 weeks maybe? Assuming you pull just those, but you'll also pull tons of 2*s or 3*s not in danger of max champing, earning iso that way.

The math is the math, but I would maybe try not totaling your iso debt all the time. Those 3*s don't need 127k saved away now, they need it 2 weeks after you pull their dupes.