Is any one else hoarding until the next big change to the game?

13»

Comments

• cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    When are we thinking we're going to hear something about the doublesecret new feature?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    I am like a dragon sleeping on a mountain of gold and treasure. My hoard gives me comfort.
    Perhaps you should change your forum name to Smaug! :smiley:
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    cozmo1682 said:
    When are we thinking we're going to hear something about the doublesecret new feature?
    My guess: if it has any effect on PVP seasons, within the next few days. If it doesn't, in the next few weeks. Either way, before Infinity War.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nah.  I've already accepted that I'll never be competitive.  Whatever the change is, I'll just gradually catch up and enjoy it on my own terms.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Never hoard.  Ever.  You’ll gain nothing
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    The only time I hoard is if it's potentially detrimental to open something.

E.g. I have a 4/5/4 AA. I have no intention of champing him if I opened a 14th cover (mainly due to iso, I actually don't mind the character so much), so there's no reason for me to risk that. Hence, I won't open LTs / use cp until he leaves.

Otherwise... nah. Hoarding isn't my thing. And hoarding for a potential change to the game that may come at some possible point in a theoretical future of various outcomes at the whim of... (you get the drift) ... definitely not. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    For some reason I find it easier to hoard CP for long periods than anything else. Maybe it is because you mostly get it in unusable chunks whereas tokens can be reedemed immediately.

As I'm currently trying to get Patch to be my first max champed 3*, Heroics and Elites are getting opened.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't think of any big game change that hasn't been of big benefit to hoarders.

But it's like the devs are begging you to hoard with the combo of AA/GR/JJ after DD/Gambit/Thor anyway, both for PVP and PVE usefulness.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    Nah.  I've already accepted that I'll never be competitive.  Whatever the change is, I'll just gradually catch up and enjoy it on my own terms.
    And thats exactly how the game should be played. Unless you spend crazy money, you'll never catch the top players, so dont even bother trying. Enjoy the game at your level. 
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I’m hoarding all but vault and pvp tokens. But that was something I was already doing, trying to stockpile enough LTs and CP to get another 5 champ (only have 1 so far). 

I honestly have no idea what’s coming for a change. I don’t want to get my hopes up because they have disappointed me recently. So....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes hoarding because I normally do for every season but now this is a lot longer. Current hoard 

Standards:  542
    Elites:  266
    Heroic:  253 and 4-10packs
    LT:  45
    CP: 2200

The rocket - I have you beat!

Standards: 712

Elite: 347

Heroics: 220 and 6-10pks

LT: 86

CP: 2371

Tacos: 181/123

Iso: 87,099.... :(

However, I'm not hoarding for any upcoming change. I kept finding myself ISO poor. I champed a bunch of 4*s the past few months and need to regrow my 2* Farm (Which is now 6-2* 144). I have 8 older 4*'s at 12-13 covers and I'm tired of selling covers. I've still been champing 1-4* a week so I am happy and not bored. I plan to open my stash when AA leaves Latest. I'll probably never have a hoard like this again.

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing you're ISO poor because you never open any tokens.  Just opening the Standards would give you 70k ISO at least to rebuild your 2*s.  And you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally getting a 5* either.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Yes hoarding because I normally do for every season but now this is a lot longer. Current hoard 

Standards:  542
    Elites:  266
    Heroic:  253 and 4-10packs
    LT:  45
    CP: 2200

The rocket - I have you beat!

Standards: 712

Elite: 347

Heroics: 220 and 6-10pks

LT: 86

CP: 2371

Tacos: 181/123

Iso: 87,099.... :(

However, I'm not hoarding for any upcoming change. I kept finding myself ISO poor. I champed a bunch of 4*s the past few months and need to regrow my 2* Farm (Which is now 6-2* 144). I have 8 older 4*'s at 12-13 covers and I'm tired of selling covers. I've still been champing 1-4* a week so I am happy and not bored. I plan to open my stash when AA leaves Latest. I'll probably never have a hoard like this again.

The advice given to me in this thread was that if you are iso poor you should open more tokens and not hoard. I don’t fully buy it, but it’s an option @The rockett and @Punisher5784
    Straycat said:
    Lol I can't take your iso issues seriously anymore. You have almost 800 non LT tokens you cash in but you don't think you have iso? 
    Also, I agree with this...
    SnowcaTT said:
    I can't think of any big game change that hasn't been of big benefit to hoarders. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am Iso debt free with 1 mil + in the bank. No point to do anything. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sure would be nice for some news about the new feature(s?) to be released soon.  I remain unconvinced that hoarding will benefit anyone.

If you think about it:  The devs don't like hoarding. So making a new feature that specifically rewards having hoarded would be counter to their interest leading up to future new features, which inevitably become known in advance.

And I'm still not sure that I feel good about having hoarded (to some degree) pre-vaulting, since it delayed so many of my 4's and increased stress in pursuing Vintage covers afterwards.  And created a lot of iso pressure.  It did push the Latest and greatest 12 higher, though.  I suppose it was a gain in the end with extra pain in the interim.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    The advice given to me in this thread was that if you are iso poor you should open more tokens and not hoard. I don’t fully buy it, but it’s an option @The rockett and @Punisher5784

The standard strategy of "pull until you get a 14th, hoard until champed, rinse and repeat" is good for when you have a ton of unchamped characters in a tier. But after you have most champed, your odds of getting multiple 14ths drop. You might have "bad" luck and end up with a bunch of covers in your queue, but pulling for more champ rewards could help you beat the deadline.
    I only add up my iso debt for covers in my queue. If I needed 700k iso in 14 days, thats 50k per day. Next day I do it again, and if the average decreased then I knew I could do it.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,320 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am Iso debt free with 1 mil + in the bank. No point to do anything. 
    I had that "problem" at the start of the 4* transition. Then four 14th covers in a week left me looking down the back of the proverbial sofa for purple change.

That was probably 6 months ago and I've still not recovered despite selling four max champed 3*s and more 2*s than I care to remember...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Orion said:
    I'm guessing you're ISO poor because you never open any tokens.  Just opening the Standards would give you 70k ISO at least to rebuild your 2*s.  And you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally getting a 5* either.

No, I am Iso poor because I opened tokens. I kept opening a 4* in Heroics that was ready to champ. I drained my 2* farm and I didn't have Iso to rebuild. That is why I started to hoard. I did not originally expect it to go this far though. I'm still champing 2* and 4*'s by just opening Event tokens. I also opened my Taco hoard twice when there was a 4* I needed. It's a nicer pace and I have not felt the iso pressure to open my tokens. I'm getting roughly 50K Iso a day without opening tokens so I'm doing just fine.

I absolutely could just open my Standards and Elites at this point now that my 2* farm is fine again but I curious to see how long this can go