Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations) (3/7/18)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,549 Chairperson of the Boards
    A 3* Jessica would have been nice to deal with enemy trap tiles in 3 & 4 land. Getting kicked in the face by DD in his recent PvP really ruined my day!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Quebbster said:

Blue - Passive damage and AP generation has a lot of potential, but having to match one of (up to) four specific tiles on the board makes it very unreliable. I assume the enemy will be able to see the traps Jessica sets up, so playing against Jessica you could probably prevent her from matching her traps most of the time. On the other hand, forcing the enemy into certain moves can certainly be a useful tactic, so she might be annoying to play against.

Then again, the AI is pretty predicatable in its moves, so you probably won't have to always match her traps.

No, but you at least have to take them into account when making your moves at least. She adds one every turn after all (up to 4), so if you ignore them long enough you may end up in a position where you have to choose one to match away and one to leave on the board, hoping the AI doesn't match it.
  • dgt73
    dgt73 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Maybe they're spacing out the release & we'll get a 3* version separately at a later date? (fingers crossed)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    A 3* Jessica would have been nice to deal with enemy trap tiles in 3 & 4 land. Getting kicked in the face by DD in his recent PvP really ruined my day!
    That might still be a mechanic that the devs decide to leave to 5* land. For example: only 4* characters and above can Fortify tiles (compare 5* Hawkeye with 3* Hawkeye), as well as go Airborne. Although, Colossus can send allies airborne, just like Gwenpool
    I guess that is a good point. Same with invisibility (I think?). I guess though a bit like Archangel's anti-airbourne power it sort of feels like it is in the wrong tier for maximum use.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Insanely problematic powercreep yet again for a character completely undeserving of any rarity above a 4*.  Gonna be Zero older 5* buffs, more gambits to ruin an already struggling game.

Can any number crunchers do the math on her red versus a equally leveled SS or PHX red ?  Why is she drinking that godmode gambit juice ? The character development team needs to really be more careful, this is sloppy design.

i also never knew Jessica jones could single handedly destroy Thanos and Silver Surfer..... what marvel universe is this? Marvel lore and classic power rankings clearly are being thrown to the wind. Very dissappointed personally.

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:

She obviously doesn't play well with Gambit (he stops her from using red, which also means her black loses a lot of its punch), and she is not good enough to replace him (which is not a bad thing for the Health of the game), so I don't Think she will make much impact in PvP in the current meta, unfortunately. She's probably good enough for PvE though. I suppose Thor and Daredevil will be her best fivestar partners for now.

No one is going to want to hear this, but Gambit is a perfect partner for her. Forget her red like you would Thor's as a Gambit partner--Gambit's red is the best in the game because you are ALWAYS going against an enemy Gambit. Do what you always do--let enemy Gambit fire his red first; now you have the edge.

JJ's passive blue will fuel Gambit's purple. That is likely going to be your strongest color. You are going to have A LOT of purple rather quickly.

Double fire Gambit purple and you are getting 6 (or 8, depending on build) random colored CD tiles. Good chance these land on 4+ different colors.

Fire JJ black. Easily one of the best nukes in the game now.
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    jackstar0 said:
    Since I've no interest in more AA or GR, I'll likely dump into her store since BP/Goblin covers won't be wasted if I get 'em. Then I can start hoarding for whoever comes after her down the road and then when AA is out, maybe dump into LLs... oh how this hamster wheel does spin.
    My sentiments exactly, well said.
  • Quebbster
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Quebbster said:

She obviously doesn't play well with Gambit (he stops her from using red, which also means her black loses a lot of its punch), and she is not good enough to replace him (which is not a bad thing for the Health of the game), so I don't Think she will make much impact in PvP in the current meta, unfortunately. She's probably good enough for PvE though. I suppose Thor and Daredevil will be her best fivestar partners for now.

No one is going to want to hear this, but Gambit is a perfect partner for her. Forget her red like you would Thor's as a Gambit partner--Gambit's red is the best in the game because you are ALWAYS going against an enemy Gambit. Do what you always do--let enemy Gambit fire his red first; now you have the edge.

JJ's passive blue will fuel Gambit's purple. That is likely going to be your strongest color. You are going to have A LOT of purple rather quickly.

Double fire Gambit purple and you are getting 6 (or 8, depending on build) random colored CD tiles. Good chance these land on 4+ different colors.

Fire JJ black. Easily one of the best nukes in the game now.

I admit I overlooked that Gambit's countdowns may Count as special tiles for the purposes of Jessica's black. If it does... yeah, they are a pretty sweet couple.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of 5* Jessica Jones not having a 3* equivalent released. The last couple of the 5* & 3* simultaneous releases have been under whelming. The only one any of you ever really used was 3* Gambit until he was nerfed. The rest of the 3*'s like Elektra and Angel I only used when they were essential. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting 5* Jessica Jones. Her powers look good to me.
  • DAZ0273
    Shintok17 said:
    I don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of 5* Jessica Jones not having a 3* equivalent released. The last couple of the 5* & 3* simultaneous releases have been under whelming. The only one any of you ever really used was 3* Gambit until he was nerfed. The rest of the 3*'s like Elektra and Angel I only used when they were essential. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting 5* Jessica Jones. Her powers look good to me.
    I wouldn't call it making a big deal but personally a 3* with her power to uncover enemy traps would have been quite useful.
  • Shintok17
    DAZ0273 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    I wouldn't call it making a big deal but personally a 3* with her power to uncover enemy traps would have been quite useful.
    I guess for some people, but are trap tiles really that big of an issue in PVE or PVP. I rarely come across anyone using a character that puts down trap tiles and if they do It's not match changing where I lose because of it.
  • DAZ0273
    Shintok17 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    I guess for some people, but are trap tiles really that big of an issue in PVE or PVP. I rarely come across anyone using a character that puts down trap tiles and if they do It's not match changing where I lose because of it.
    No doubt that is because you are playing at a much higher level.The ability to uncover trap tiles isn't really going to make much difference at the 5* level, so it seems a strange place for it to exist. Still, like I said, it isn't a big deal.
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Remember, she makes enemy trap tiles herself.  With the AP gain in a "chosen" color, this has huge potential for combos.
  • Quebbster
    Regarding the utility of finding traps, my reply consists of one Word (aside from this unnecessarily convoluted sentence): Ninjas. Knowing where the [censored] Caltrops are could be immensely useful in Enemy of the State.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    Agree. My issue is I don’t have the Iso to dedicate to a 3 when I’ve moved beyond the 3* tier. With the exception of Thanos, Strange, and the batteries, I only use my 3s (even max-Champed) when essential. Being able to dedicate 127k iso to one of my 4s in need of champing makes me a happy camper!

I didn’t realize so many people still use their non-top-tier (which she wouldn’t be) 3s so regularly. Wins-based was the last time I regularly used 3s, but they took away (wins-based) the option to meaningfully progress in PVP using anything but the fastest combos. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    She seems like a pretty fun character. Not sure why she's a 5-star, but eh. Since I have quite a stable of 3-star dupes to champ, I should get a fairly decent amount of LLs before she would leave tokens. Not gonna hold my breath for this cover store. 
  • Shintok17
    edited March 2018
    Shintok17 said:
    Agree. My issue is I don’t have the Iso to dedicate to a 3 when I’ve moved beyond the 3* tier. With the exception of Thanos, Strange, and the batteries, I only use my 3s (even max-Champed) when essential. Being able to dedicate 127k iso to one of my 4s in need of champing makes me a happy camper!

I didn’t realize so many people still use their non-top-tier (which she wouldn’t be) 3s so regularly. Wins-based was the last time I regularly used 3s, but they took away (wins-based) the option to meaningfully progress in PVP using anything but the fastest combos. 
    I'm on the same boat. I recently started stomping around in 4* land and quickly realized how much more ISO i need to champ them. I have five 4*'s champed so far and between putting ISO into the ones that have covers in the vine and keeping up a 2* farm it's getting difficult to finish my last four 3*'s that need to be champed. The only 3* I use is Dr. Strange in PVE and Thanos sometimes in PVP. I mostly use my 3*'s as essentials in PVE nodes. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    1.  There's no guarantee that if they made a 3* version it would have that same power.  There are 3* where the their core power was totally changed or significantly nerfed.  I would have been shocked if a 3* variant got that power.
    2.  While understand newer players and/or non-5* players want 3* variants to make the release more appealing to them, the last 3-5 3* variants have been bad (Gambit wasn't, till he SUPER WAS).  All you're really begging for is a watered down ISO dumping ground.  No thanks.  I'm super glad it wasn't a 3/5 release #NoMoreThreeFiveReleases