Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations) (3/7/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Jessica Jones is making her way to Marvel Puzzle Quest, but make no mistake. She's still a no funny business character, who  you don't want to mess with. Oh, and definitely don't try to get her to smile. She hates that.

Check out the brand new 5-Star Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations), and find out how you can recruit her onto your team starting tomorrow (March 8)! Just in time for Season 2 of Marvel's Jessica Jones on Netflix.

Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations)

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
redtilepng blacktilepng bluetilepng
(Abilities listed at level 450)
Defenestrate - 
redtilepng AP
Jessica gets fed up and needs to get her window replaced. Again. Deals 11,331 damage and creates 5 random Green, Yellow, or Purple Strike tiles of strength 373.

Body Check - 11 blacktilepng AP
Jessica runs into battle hurling herself at the first enemy that gets in her way. Deals 15,764 damage plus 2,626 damage for each color of friendly special tile on the board.

Damning Evidencebluetilepng Passive
Jessica hunts for dirt on her enemies. At the start of the turn, create a Red, Black, or Blue enemy Trap tile if fewer than 4 exist. When you match one, gain 3 AP in your strongest color and deal 10,123 damage. At the start of the turn, if you have at least 6 Blue AP, Jessica gets a lead on her suspect, briefly revealing enemy Trap tiles.

Just like all super heroes need their allies, so does Jessica Jones! She's strong with allies that create special tiles across different colors, like Agent Coulson, Blade (Modern), Carnage, Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2), and Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2). Trap-Tile-creating enemies beware though. She'll see right through your tricks!

Recruit Jessica Jones!

Avengers Vs. Ultron
  • Starts on Thursday, March 8th at 12:00pm EST
  • Ends on Monday, March 12th at 1:00am EDT
  • A 4-Star progression reward will be added to this event
  • Rewards tokens to the Alias Investigations Legendary cover store
Jessica Jones - Special Limited Vault
  • 40 Items
    • 1x Alias Investigations Legendary Token
    • 1x Luke Cage (Power Man) cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic Tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star covers
Alias Investigations - Special Legendary Store
  • 15% chance to get Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations), Black Panther (Civil War), or Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
  • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    At least  :)
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Looks pretty good! So the blue passive makes enemy taps meaning we can't see them unless we have 6ap?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    There aren't any 5*s that use trap tiles, so this is kinda "punching down," no?
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    50% Thor and Chavez have a new friend in JJ’s blue. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Yay, glad she's finally in the game. I know the answer is invariably 'no', but just in case - @Brigby, will CS swap 5* covers received from the Alias Investigations Special Store if you've got 5+ in one color?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2018
    There are certainly some strong 4-Star characters that do though: Nick Fury, Spider-Woman, etc. In addition, you could use Jessica Jones against the Hand Kishu's Caltrops ability.
    Richyyy said:
    Yay, glad she's finally in the game. I know the answer is invariably 'no', but just in case - @Brigby, will CS swap 5* covers received from the Alias Investigations Special Store if you've got 5+ in one color?
    Unless it's Jessica Jones, then unfortunately no.
  • Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Great to have her, finally. However, her red is way better than Phoneix's and that doesn't look right to me.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised it's not a 3/5 release.   Looks like an interesting character, though...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Awesome,  looks pretty cool
  • JessicaJones
    JessicaJones Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Okay, I have waited for Jessica Jones since I started playing PuzzleQuest almost two years ago now. You finally release her and she is a 5*? Thanks... essentially I can hope to get one or two covers of her. If she was a 4* I could reasonably champion her and actually enjoy using her. I am really annoyed because I know she will now be considered “settled” as a character and the chances of a 4* are basically nonexistent. So thank you PuzzleQuest! I feel so thankful that I can champion and use Sandman, but can only admire the cover art for Jessica Jones...
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Went from being excited when I saw the title to disappointed when I saw her rarity. I'm glad she's finally in the game and she looks tough, but I doubt I'll have a playable version of her anytime soon. I'm somewhat disappointed it's not a 3/5 release.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Le sigh
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, I have waited for Jessica Jones since I started playing PuzzleQuest almost two years ago now. You finally release her and she is a 5*? Thanks... essentially I can hope to get one or two covers of her. If she was a 4* I could reasonably champion her and actually enjoy using her. I am really annoyed because I know she will now be considered “settled” as a character and the chances of a 4* are basically nonexistent. So thank you PuzzleQuest! I feel so thankful that I can champion and use Sandman, but can only admire the cover art for Jessica Jones...
    The person with JessicaJones as their handle will be unlikely to get her fully covered. 

Yeah, that one's gotta sting. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the pairing with 5* DD for color coverage.

Overall, I like what she's bringing to the table.

Since I've no interest in more AA or GR, I'll likely dump into her store since BP/Goblin covers won't be wasted if I get 'em. Then I can start hoarding for whoever comes after her down the road and then when AA is out, maybe dump into LLs... oh how this hamster wheel does spin.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I'm surprised it's not a 3/5 release.   Looks like an interesting character, though...
    I'm surprised as well. I figured it was about time for another 3/5 combo and having a popular character like JJ available for more players to check out at the 3* level seemed like a pretty easy decision so much that I was already setting aside 2k hp for the 3* and 5*.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait... didn't someone confirm the new release was going to be Dazzler?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    She creates the trap tiles herself, so it’s useful against any enemy, you don’t have to be fighting against a trap creator. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very cool! I was always hoping for a character that could reveal or disable enemy trap tiles. Good work!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I’m glad she’s in game. Is there going to be a marvel.com article?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her blue passive kinda makes her an anti-America Chavez.