What is your "White Whale"?

Options
124»

Comments

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Howard is the only one I am having problems with (besides the Classic 5s, but that is an issue with dilution, not being a white whale). The earlier runs of of webbed wonder which were all "release"events for Howard made it so that my Howard is 1/5/5. The normal runs of webbed wonder after that have all given me covers for the colors i already have 5 of (I think it's been 4 runs?). With no other way of getting his covers, I am not sure how to finish him off. Rest all I have either champed/fully covered/will fully cover upon pulling (and yes, that includes Devil Dino)

So he is my only white whale besides classics (which I don't consider in this scenario)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess I really hate Friday’s.  
    IM46. 5/0/5
    Dupe 1/0/1
    Sold 2/0/1

Yea.  This sucks. 
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Daiches said:

I guess that would be any non red cover for my 14/4/3 Iron Man 5star. With another Red upcoming in a month or two from daily rewards. Come oooonnnnn, feeder!
    I got u beat....my Black Bolt is 15/3/3 and I bet green will be the cover for
    hero for hire when he is eventually the PVE five star essential
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Darknes21 said:
    Daiches said:

I guess that would be any non red cover for my 14/4/3 Iron Man 5star. With another Red upcoming in a month or two from daily rewards. Come oooonnnnn, feeder!
    I got u beat....my Black Bolt is 15/3/3 and I bet green will be the cover for
    hero for hire when he is eventually the PVE five star essential
    The resupply cover for Bolt is green as well
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The one that are at the extreme for me are:
    4* Blade at 5/0/4
    4* Carnage at 4/4/0
    Yondu 0/5/4

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t really have a white whale. Sure, there are PLENTY of 5* covers missing and a lot I have zero colors in (though everyone is rostered). But I play only at the 4* level. And the way I understand it a “white whale” is something you’ve been chasing that’s been eluding you. Chasing being the key word for me. 

I have two unchamped Latests Shuri (at 7 covers) and Panther (6 covers). 

Howard is 4/4/4 and Dino is champed. 

And I’m missing a grand total of 6 covers to have all the classics fully covered. If I was really chasing them actively then bonus heroes could get me there easily. Why don’t I open my huge hoard of CP and make that a reality?

Iso. Iso is my true white whale. I mean sure I catch it but as soon as I do, it’s gone. It escapes me and I have to go fishing for it again. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My white whale is finding motivation to play in the Age of Gambit. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    4* main ones are:

Nova 0/5/2
    Miles Morales 5/0/4
    4* Deadpool 2/0/4
    Vulture 2/3/0

4* Deadpool 2/1/5
    Vulture 2/3/1

Maybe this thread has good RNG luck!

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5* Wolverine yellow. Back then, when he was really, really good I was so excited when I got a cover for him but I never pulled a yellow (and he was my bonus hero for a long long time). He ist still around at 5/0/3
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won't consider 5*s, as I'm not really intentionally chasing them at this point. 

For the 4*s, I would say it's between Nova and Professor X. Other than Kraven, P4nther and Shuri, they're my only 4*s at 11 covers. I've pulled a plethora of Nova yellow and Prof X blue. About the best thing I can say for them is that when Strang3 and Magneto hit 265, the covers will be usable. It'll put Nova to 2/5/5 and Prof X to 5/3/4. So in theory if I keep pulling yellows and blues, I could get the HfH offer. 

I suppose 3* would be She-Hulk. She's my only non-newer release character to not hit Level 223 yet, though she's close at 221. Even Gambit is catching up to her (200). I think I'll be setting her to my sole BH in a few weeks though. Current plan is to finish Gamora (263), then get Strange (259) to 266.

For whatever reason, I have this gnawing feeling in my gut that they'll *finally* update the 3* feeders and change Strang3 to Mordo and I'll miss that Nova black cover at 265.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wingX said:
    The one that are at the extreme for me are:
    4* Blade at 5/0/4
    4* Carnage at 4/4/0
    Yondu 0/5/4

My Carnage is 5/4/0 so I am with you.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally got my Kingpin to champion. Now what do I do with him? lol
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For a while it was Howard green. I had him at 0/4/4 until the last run of Webbed Wonder when I finally brought him to 1/4/4. I'd be happy if it ran every 2 weeks since there is no other way to get him and as far as I know it's the only event with an extra 4* beyond progression and placement.

For now my white whale seems to be having an empty queue. Whenever I get close I pull something that I need to scrounge iso for. The end appears to in sight right now, but I plan to spend my hoard in 2 weeks in order to cover Thor before JJ rotates him out of latests. We'll see where that leaves me.
  • gibbojab
    gibbojab Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had been playing for a little over 3 years before I got my first 3* red daredevil cover and it only came from when they buffed him and had it in progression rewards. I have him champed now but the memory haunts me. 
     My recent one would be Miles as he sits at 2/3/5 and I’ve only wasted one cover which was a event progression. Baron mordo was 5/5/0 for the longest time for me too.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    For a while it was Howard green. I had him at 0/4/4 until the last run of Webbed Wonder...
     My HTD is STILL 0/5/5 after the last TWO Webbed Wonder events. 

I'd gladly pay the 250 CP to max cover him, just so I can be done with it.