What is your "White Whale"?

Options

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said: 
    Winter is not coming for me. Bucky is 0-3-3.
    He is the other one that I’m chasing. He is at 1/1/4, I have Howard the duck covered more than winter soldier. 
    I'm at 12 on Howard. I actually might save up the cp to buy his 13th.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* Hawkeye. He has 2 covers (1/1/0) . One because I set him as a Bonus Hero to make sure I had at least one cover for him when he was Essential. The second cover came from a Kate progression reward. I'm not too far from the next Kate progression, but after that... seems pretty hopeless to ever make him useful.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since I started tracking Legendary Token pulls back when the odds of 5*'s raised to 15%, I've yet to pull either Iceman or Red Hulk from a LT (I don't believe I pulled either from a 10% 5* LT, either, but I don't recall for certain).  I've gotten some of them from events, vaults and even Heroic tokens, but neither has come from an LT even though both were in since Day 1 (excluding vaulting).  This had badly stunted both of their growth, as I'm only generally a 8CP/575 player for PVE & PVP, respectively, and only ever hit the 900 4* in PVP once...and it was during the "wins" season. RHulk sits at 1/4/2 including covers from two 3* Thor champ rewards and an assortment of various other ones.  I sold a two-cover Bobby during vaulting when I gave up on my poorly-covered, vaulted characters, but even if I kept him he'd only have been a 1/3/1 with only two other 3* Mystique rewards remaining, unless I cycle her...which is well down the road at my pace of progression.

Once upon a time, Hood's blue was my White Whale, but eventually I got him...even it if took a few cycles of DDQ to do so...and my first Hood cover I pulled after I champed him was--you guessed it--blue :-/
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Red Hulk.  He was 5/1/5 forever, although that was before unvaulting.  Now he’s 277, while I have 17 other 4’s at 300+.
  • TheSeven
    TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3* Angel's Green & Blue

Apparently I am destine to only ever pull Angel's Black. I have 5 waiting in my queue. I rarely ever see anything other than Black in vaults either.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Add me to the long list of folks short on Spider-Gwen. I have her at 10 covers (2/3/5) and I think I have only sold one unusable cover. Ant-Man and Howard are the only other older characters that I have at 10 covers, and I know I have sold a ton of Ant-Man covers. For reference, I've been playing for over two years and have 45 champed 4* and three champed 5*.

The other character that I would really like to champ at some point is Hulkbuster. I didn't get many covers for him when I first started growing my 4* roster, and he has been sitting at 5/5/2 for a VERY long time.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm on day 672 and I have to say War Machine - 2/4/1. Recently got War Machine covers from Quicksilver and Venombomb, then happened to pull a cover with an LT. Before that he was 1/2/1 for MONTHS.

Also Venom (Eddie) - 5/2/0. I've pulled at least 3 greens after hitting 5 and I've NEVER pulled a yellow.

I'll end with Nightcrawler - 0/4/3. I know he's newer but I can get a purple cover PLEASE?
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SpiderGwen 4/4/0

Nova 0/4/0

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Professor X.  I got him on about my 3rd day and took around 830 days to champ him.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5tarLord. He's the only character I've never managed to pull at all.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,262 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sat on a single cover of Kingpin that I got from someplace or other very early on in my MPQ career. I had that one single cover for well over a year. Then, as soon as he got his rework, they started raining from the sky on me, and now he's at 3/3/5, all 10 have come since that rework. I'm like 3 days away from an unusable yellow from the Day 760 reward, so i've prioritized Bulls3y3 and Kingpin as my 2 bonus heroes in an attempt to capture this whale that has eluded me for so long and avoid losing that extra cover. 

My Bagman is pretty laughable at 3/17/2. I ONLY seem to get blues for him, ever since I got 5 blue covers sequentially from the first run of Sakaar. I have a blue on the vine right now, that replaced the blue that expired last week, which in turn replaced the blue that expired a month prior to that.

In 5* land, i'm not actively pursuing anybody, but the only one i have 0 covers for is Green Goblin.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kate Bishop (5/2/0), Spider-Gwen (1/5/4), and Moon Knight (3/2/5, 4 or 5 of those covers which are thanks to Resupply rewards and champ rewards, and at least two others from progression rewards... point being that I never pull him.)

I've probably sold 10 or so of Kate's covers, however, because every time I get one as a reward or even through luck it always ends up being blue.
  • kyrain
    kyrain Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Iceman and Teen Jean, Just brutal. 1/1/3 for Iceman and 0/2/2 for Teen Jean.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used to have problems with Spider-Gwen too. She was my "last" 4* before I was caught up (once I finally got her, I had all of them, except for new releases), and that was ages ago (close to a year now, I guess).

My current white whale is probably blue 5* Strange. Mine is 0/5/1, can't seem to come up with a blue. Daredevil is in a similar position (need the green, mine is 4/0/4), but I've had more luck pulling Daredevil overall (more covers in a far shorter amount of time).
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phoenix and Black Suit Spider Man. Both are 2/0/0.
  • zooink2018
    zooink2018 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am at Day 1514 and my Spider Gwen is still at 1/4/4
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Silver Surfer 0/0/1

Still no 5 star Archangel cover.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Definitely Iceman for me.  Mine has been set for significant stretches of time as my bonus hero, but he's been stuck at 2/4/5 for over a year. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* main ones are:

Nova 0/5/2
    Miles Morales 5/0/4
    4* Deadpool 2/0/4
    Vulture 2/3/0

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* Dr. Strange yellow

My Strange is stuck at 5/4/0 for months now. It´s really annoying since he´s useless without his yellow passive. So I´ll probably have to wait for another 445 days till I get my first yellow cover from Shield Resupply. :(