I just need to know are you going to nerf Gambit

124»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    j0nats said:
    broll said:

If you're super worried about a nerf you could always do your pulls and sit on him at 13 covers waiting to see if he gets nerfed or not.  If he's nerfed just leave him at 13 unchamped until you have free ISO and turn your focus to Thor.

not sure you can get 1-to-1 cover swap for an unleveled gambit... can you?

if so, covering without champing might not be good idea
    Levels have nothing to do with cover swaps. You don't have to sink any ISO in to get a cover swap, just have an unusable cover.

crackninja said:
    I'm a little surprised that everyone seems so cool with the thought of nerfing gambit right after he leaves latests.  That feels like the most devious approach...maximize sales, then immediately stab everyone in the back?  Sure, nothing is guaranteed and it's well within their rights, but it's a great way to alienate paying customers.
    Being cool with and expecting it to happen are two different things.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    So this gambit nerf that people want is pretty much for pvp? Because while good in pvp, in pve there is faster.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I am both cool with and expect it to happen.  I doubt everyone shares that sentiment.  Most I think fall into the expectation of nerf category with varied levels of excitement/exasperation.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this gambit nerf that people want is pretty much for pvp? Because while good in pvp, in pve there is faster.
    Well, yes.  In pve, you aren’t forced to almost  exclusively use Gambit, nor are 80-90% of your matches against Gambit. In high end PvP (5*) most people use Gambit.  To reliably beat Gambit means using Gambit yourself.  It’s a giant circle.

People want a nerf so they can use other characters, and hopefully fight other characters.

Although using Gambit with America in PVE is pretty fast.  Thor works too, probably better.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    What makes me sad about it is that through the powers of rng, Gambit is the first 5* I've been able to fully cover, with a 9 cover Banner my previous best.  I know I'm not the only one in a similar place.
    I totally get that those that have other 5*'s want to see this happen because they either dont have Gambit, or they want a chance to not use him every match.  It just happens that this impacts people at various levels of the game, and you obviously can't make them all happy.
    So all I can say is if you must nerf him, be gentle.  Don't make me use Banner, I beg of you...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    The usage stat holds up completely true and exceeds OML in PVP, Simulator and LR. He is absolutely everywhere and far more prevalent then OML was in his prime. Far exceeding 10%. I have no idea what pve stats are like and that’s really not an issue. He’s all I see in everything outside of pve.

another reason oml was nerfed was that he “ did too much”. If this is a reason to nerf a 5*based on versatility  then gambit should be first in line...... he does way more then OML ever did and not only has a huge toolkit but is far more powerful then any 5* has a right to be. 
    How are people not getting this?  Yes you see him everywhere but I presume you’re a 5* player. I’m a deep 4* player (51 champs) and almost never see him. I’m sure people at the 3, 2, and 1 star tiers also never see him. Then there’s PVE (half the game).

OML was EVERYWHERE. If a 2* player had just one yellow cover, they used him. That’s not true of Gambit and in fact one Black alone is the worst 5* build there is. 

Finally, OML didn’t do too much. He was used too much. He did one thing and one thing really well that contributed to his use. He healed. An example of a do too much character is Carol.  And she’s not in any nerf discussions. She used to be but the meta caught up just like every “OMG broken” character before her. 
    I'm mid 4* level, I encountered exactly one champed Gambit in the Bullseye PvP but ran into at least 5 OML teams.