S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 4 Bundle (1/29/18)

Comments

• Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Uk (Scotland) android £17.49
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby, is there anything you can tell us about the scheduled release of bundles for other, higher clearance levels, their contents and likely price points?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby, is there anything you can tell us about the scheduled release of bundles for other, higher clearance levels, their contents and likely price points?
    Apologies, but I'm afraid I don't have any information regarding a potential release schedule for these kind of bundles
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odd, I got this offer on my android account, but not on my steam account. Is there some kind of delay? I have updated the steam account to R145.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    qandols said:
    Odd, I got this offer on my android account, but not on my steam account. Is there some kind of delay? I have updated the steam account to R145.
    Did your Steam account reach CL4 already? In general it is available on Steam as well.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, I'm CL109  ;)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    $27.99 is nearly twice the price of the last bundle. Not even remotely worth it this time, particularly so close together. 
    Mine is priced at almost three times the old offer. Definitely not worth it.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Got it finally for $19.99 US
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get some infomercials for these?

Preferably with Ric Flair as pitchman?
    WOOO! Crispy!
    WOOO! Tangy!
    WOOO! 6x value!

(seriously, this is not Ric Flair)

• Daiches
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to stop by and provide a bit of clarity on the different price points players might be seeing. Some of you have mentioned A/B testing, however I can confirm that this is not the case. 

Instead, the price differences some players are seeing are due to a variety of reasons, such as different platforms, regions, taxes, or maybe all of the above! (In some cases, our team even receives pricing set by the platform itself)

Hopefully that provides a bit more clarity about pricing (or maybe a bit more confusion. Sorry..), or at the very least about whether it's an A/B test or not.
    Sorry, but since we know that you can set the prices per player individually the price setting being forced on you doesn't hold up. There's literally nothing stopping you from adjusting what you get up by 10% when a regional price setting category makes a purchase tier be 10% higher. Just give players the same purchase power. You have the tools. Use them.
    Use this thread as evidence that players are skipping purchases because they don't want to spend more money than other players for the same thing.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to stop by and provide a bit of clarity on the different price points players might be seeing. Some of you have mentioned A/B testing, however I can confirm that this is not the case. 

Instead, the price differences some players are seeing are due to a variety of reasons, such as different platforms, regions, taxes, or maybe all of the above! (In some cases, our team even receives pricing set by the platform itself)

Hopefully that provides a bit more clarity about pricing (or maybe a bit more confusion. Sorry..), or at the very least about whether it's an A/B test or not.
    Sorry, but since we know that you can set the prices per player individually the price setting being forced on you doesn't hold up. There's literally nothing stopping you from adjusting what you get up by 10% when a regional price setting category makes a purchase tier be 10% higher. Just give players the same purchase power. You have the tools. Use them.
    Use this thread as evidence that players are skipping purchases because they don't want to spend more money than other players for the same thing.

Has that been established for real world money purchases?  I know it applies to things that cost HP, but wasn't aware that we'd seen examples of different costs for the same item on the same platform for the same currency.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    This offer didn't interest me, as I felt it was too expensive for what you were getting. However, if it had appealed, but had then noticed I was going to have to pay £4 more (thats about $6 to our American friends) than someone else who was buying it, I'd have probably decided against the purchase out of principal. A £4 difference is ridiculous! 
  • Daiches
    Daiches said:
    Brigby said:

Has that been established for real world money purchases?  I know it applies to things that cost HP, but wasn't aware that we'd seen examples of different costs for the same item on the same platform for the same currency.
    There are three different Stark offers. 100$(or regional equivalent) for 20k HP, 26k HP or 32k HP. When there's a sale the people that have this months long offer will get the bonus on top of their already elevated offers. It's complete and utter nonsense, but it's proven to exist. And it's an occurence for all tiers of spenders on multiple platforms. At least they closed the Android loophole where reinstalling gave you the 26k offer over and over.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby said:

There are three different Stark offers. 100$(or regional equivalent) for 20k HP, 26k HP or 32k HP. When there's a sale the people that have this months long offer will get the bonus on top of their already elevated offers. It's complete and utter nonsense, but it's proven to exist. And it's an occurence for all tiers of spenders on multiple platforms. At least they closed the Android loophole where reinstalling gave you the 26k offer over and over.
    My current Stark offer is £99.99 for 20k HP - That converts to $141.50

This is why I no longer buy Starks
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    My current offer for a Stark is $99.99 US for 20k HP. I play on iOS but will from now on only buy resources using Amazon Coins because of the discount.

But back on topic, the current deal for "$19.99" is comparable to the cost of a Logan's Loonies deal for 2900 HP. It appears this SL4 pack offers more resources. Too bad it's only a one time offer. I'd take it over the Logan's Loonies if I needed HP in a pinch (for roster slots, health packs) 
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    This pack still open? I saw the starter pack, but have yet to see this one. I'm on Android @CL90
  • Brigby
    Magere said:
    This pack still open? I saw the starter pack, but have yet to see this one. I'm on Android @CL90
    Are you S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 15 or higher? It only becomes available once you've reached that milestone.
  • Magere
    Brigby said:
    Magere said:
    Are you S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 15 or higher? It only becomes available once you've reached that milestone.  

Yup, rank 93
  • Brigby
    Hmm...well the offer only appears for 3 days after becoming available, so perhaps you might've unfortunately missed it?
  • Magere
    Must have missed it then....odd though since the starter pack popped up in my news feed as I logged in....not this one though.