S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 4 Bundle (1/29/18)

Comments

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    If they had waited a few weeks I would have bought. Renewing my intercepts was a bonus from the last one. Making another purchase now would devalue the starter deal I just bought.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought it. 4 4* covers and a bunch of 3* covers which lead to 2 LTs. Not complaining.
  • theslash
    theslash Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    GrimSkald said:
    Brigby said:
    • Lasts 3 days from when it is first made available to the player

I'd like to call everyone's attention to that last data point, above.  If I read this correctly, the deal becomes available when you hit SCL 15, then lasts for 3 days.  So basically the "Starter Pack" was a special offer/test run, this bundle will become a permanent part the game.  Whenever any player hits SCL 15, they get access to this bundle.  The deal stays up for 3 days, then goes away.

If that's the case, it's a good thing - it will let newer players get a leg up on their 3* roster and help them get through that tier more quickly (if they're willing to pay $20 US.)  The fact that it really isn't worth it for me is irrelevant, I'm not the kind of player this is geared at.

The starter pack is a permanent part of the game aswell, it gets unlocked after the first prologue missions for every new players!
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I had to get it. With all the tokens and covers I was able to get my first 3* Max Champion!
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Hadronic said:
    If they had waited a few weeks I would have bought. Renewing my intercepts was a bonus from the last one. Making another purchase now would devalue the starter deal I just bought.
    Yeah, this is kind of how I feel. I like spacing out my purchases due to intercepts. While this is a decent deal, it’s a bit more than I would like to spend right now, especially after Amazon Digital Day and the Starter Pack. I’m still considering it, but I would be much more tempted to buy it if this deal came a few weeks later.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I like these deals overall even if they aren't geared toward my roster, but the tiny bit I'm disappointed in is the fact that it goes away after 3 days.  I understand they want to have a sense of urgency to encourage buying it, but they instead could a have a 3 day price discount like if you buy in the first 3 days it costs 20$ and after that it costs 25$.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    A pretty good deal, I would say. It came a bit early though. If this is a trend, we might expect one for 4* and 5* in the future. 

I was surprised that S.H.I.E.LD rank of 15 and above is considered mid tier. I think the maximum now is 200? I was also surprised that DD is one of the three included. I thought Dr. Strange or IM40 is more popular, based on my PvP experience. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    The DD covers would be a nice boost for my dupe, and the Switch and Thanos covers would get be closer to 257 for both of them, but it's too close to the Starter Pack for me, on top of the VIP I get each month. I'll be curious to see if there will be a 4* and 5* pack as well. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's showing at £15.49. Can anyone else in the jolly old land of England let me know their prices? If A/B ricing is a thing I don't really want to pay the larger price for the same thing.

Mine includes
    24,000 ISO
    3000 HP
    6x Heroic tokens
    12x Elite tokens
    6x covers for Daredevil, Scarlet Witch and Thanos.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    It's €19,99 for me, both on Android and on Steam
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Got this pack as well. Value seems to be somewhat lower than the beginner pack (6x vs 8x.) Still worth it, but maybe a trend of what to expect for the veteran/4* pack if it ever happens. Probably expect a 4x value or less.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's showing at £15.49. Can anyone else in the jolly old land of England let me know their prices? If A/B ricing is a thing I don't really want to pay the larger price for the same thing.

Mine includes
    24,000 ISO
    3000 HP
    6x Heroic tokens
    12x Elite tokens
    17.49 for me on Android.
  • DAZ0273
    broll said:
    "Mid-tier" is SR 15?  What's their high tier SR 30?  I know the forums are way above normal, but really?  Not complaining just kinda confused.

This doesn't sound like quite as good of a deal as the last one IMO.  For the starter pack I bought on both my main account and my side.  This one if I buy at all it will only be for my main. $20 is a little steep, especially with it not being spread out.  If they waited 3 months they'd have probably gotten $40 out of me.
    I guess technically SCL 4-6 are mid tier so Scl4 is lower mid tier. Of course SR were kind'a screwed up from the start which is why this feels wonky.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I absolutely despise this A/B testing nonsense. Why should I be offered the deal at £17.49 while others are offered it at £15.49? I dont think I have ever received the lowest offer. That said, its too expensive for me, even at the lower price. Had it been £11.99, I'd have considered it, but not at these prices. 

My concern is how much are they going to want for any packages consisting of 5*s? You'd think, judging by the price of this pack, that any containing 4*s are going to be between £25-30 and then anything containing a 5* may even hit £40!!!! 
  • DAZ0273
    I absolutely despise this A/B testing nonsense. Why should I be offered the deal at £17.49 while others are offered it at £15.49? I dont think I have ever received the lowest offer. That said, its too expensive for me, even at the lower price. Had it been £11.99, I'd have considered it, but not at these prices. 

My concern is how much are they going to want for any packages consisting of 5*s? You'd think, judging by the price of this pack, that any containing 4*s are going to be between £25-30 and then anything containing a 5* may even hit £40!!!! 
    I haven't received the lowest offer either on any of these deals.

I bought the other one and I wasn't going to renew VIP but did in the end but this is too much on top of that.

I guess you can use HFH to roughly gauge what their 4* pricing might be - the offer for 2 4* was 7000HP I think? So yeah, your prices might be pretty close.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Mine includes
    24,000 ISO
    3000 HP
    6x Heroic tokens
    12x Elite tokens
    17.49 for me on Android.

£15.49 on Steam, got the lower price for the Starter pack too.
  • knightfall
    knightfall Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Can I somehow get the offer back if I clicked "No" by mistake?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

I bought the other one and I wasn't going to renew VIP but did in the end but this is too much on top of that.

I guess you can use HFH to roughly gauge what their 4* pricing might be - the offer for 2 4* was 7000HP I think? So yeah, your prices might be pretty close.
    Its really annoying. Why do some of us constantly get punished with these offers? 

As for the pricing, if it did end up being anything like my suggested price, I'm sure there are plenty who buy the most expensive HP deals who will love it but I cannot comprehend spending that sort of money on something that I will gain anyway through time. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

Its really annoying. Why do some of us constantly get punished with these offers? 

As for the pricing, if it did end up being anything like my suggested price, I'm sure there are plenty who buy the most expensive HP deals who will love it but I cannot comprehend spending that sort of money on something that I will gain anyway through time. 
    No idea although this time it seems to be tied into what platform you play on. At least outside of the US.

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:

Mine includes
    24,000 ISO
    3000 HP
    6x Heroic tokens
    12x Elite tokens
    17.49 for me on Android.
    £19.99 for me - I'm on iOS