S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 4 Bundle (1/29/18)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    rg72 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mine's showing at £15.49. Can anyone else in the jolly old land of England let me know their prices? If A/B ricing is a thing I don't really want to pay the larger price for the same thing.

Mine includes
    24,000 ISO
    3000 HP
    6x Heroic tokens
    12x Elite tokens
    6x covers for Daredevil, Scarlet Witch and Thanos.
    17.49 for me on Android.
    £19.99 for me - I'm on iOS

Ouch. You guys really get screwed.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    rg72 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mine's showing at £15.49. Can anyone else in the jolly old land of England let me know their prices? If A/B ricing is a thing I don't really want to pay the larger price for the same thing.

Mine includes
    24,000 ISO
    3000 HP
    6x Heroic tokens
    12x Elite tokens
    17.49 for me on Android.

Especially as the original post by @Brigby states ...  "or converted accordingly to your region's currency".

This obviously isn't the case.
  • DAZ0273
    rg72 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    rg72 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Mine includes
    24,000 ISO
    3000 HP
    6x Heroic tokens
    12x Elite tokens
    17.49 for me on Android.

Especially as the original post by @Brigby states ...  "or converted accordingly to your region's currency".

This obviously isn't the case.
    I seem to remember there being something about Apple raising prices in the UK over fears of the strength of the pound, that was back in 2017. That doesn't explain a £4.50 price difference to Steam though which is pretty shocking.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    I absolutely despise this A/B testing nonsense. Why should I be offered the deal at £17.49 while others are offered it at £15.49? I dont think I have ever received the lowest offer. That said, its too expensive for me, even at the lower price. Had it been £11.99, I'd have considered it, but not at these prices. 

My concern is how much are they going to want for any packages consisting of 5*s? You'd think, judging by the price of this pack, that any containing 4*s are going to be between £25-30 and then anything containing a 5* may even hit £40!!!! 
    I haven't received the lowest offer either on any of these deals.

I bought the other one and I wasn't going to renew VIP but did in the end but this is too much on top of that.

I guess you can use HFH to roughly gauge what their 4* pricing might be - the offer for 2 4* was 7000HP I think? So yeah, your prices might be pretty close.
    Its really annoying. Why do some of us constantly get punished with these offers? 

As for the pricing, if it did end up being anything like my suggested price, I'm sure there are plenty who buy the most expensive HP deals who will love it but I cannot comprehend spending that sort of money on something that I will gain anyway through time. 
    The only time we have seen any A/B testing in this game is when the item is purchased with in game currency. I don't know for certain but I would guess Apple/Amazon/Google/Steam don't allow this type of shenanigans with actual money.

The cause of these different prices is simply that these companies use different conversion rates when converting $19.99 USD to foreign currencies.

If you want the cheaper price, buy it on a different platform if available. Rumor has it Steam players get the best deal for once cause apparently Valve offers a more fair conversion.
  • DAZ0273
    Presumably the conversion was "fixed" based upon the value on a certain date.

If we took today's conversion rates then $19.99 = £14.14, taking into acount fluctuations and that you wouldn't get that rate exactly it does indeed seem that Steam operate reasonably close to a true conversion rate and Apple are punishing the UK market.

Anybody know what the Euro value is?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I absolutely despise this A/B testing nonsense. Why should I be offered the deal at £17.49 while others are offered it at £15.49? I dont think I have ever received the lowest offer. That said, its too expensive for me, even at the lower price. Had it been £11.99, I'd have considered it, but not at these prices. 

My concern is how much are they going to want for any packages consisting of 5*s? You'd think, judging by the price of this pack, that any containing 4*s are going to be between £25-30 and then anything containing a 5* may even hit £40!!!! 

I bought the other one and I wasn't going to renew VIP but did in the end but this is too much on top of that.

I guess you can use HFH to roughly gauge what their 4* pricing might be - the offer for 2 4* was 7000HP I think? So yeah, your prices might be pretty close.
    Its really annoying. Why do some of us constantly get punished with these offers? 

As for the pricing, if it did end up being anything like my suggested price, I'm sure there are plenty who buy the most expensive HP deals who will love it but I cannot comprehend spending that sort of money on something that I will gain anyway through time. 
    The only time we have seen any A/B testing in this game is when the item is purchased with in game currency. I don't know for certain but I would guess Apple/Amazon/Google/Steam don't allow this type of shenanigans with actual money.

The cause of these different prices is simply that these companies use different conversion rates when converting $19.99 USD to foreign currencies.

If you want the cheaper price, buy it on a different platform if available. Rumor has it Steam players get the best deal for once cause apparently Valve offers a more fair conversion.
     I'll freely admit I'm ignorant of the issue when it comes to the tax structure of foreign countries, but I'm curious if local or regional taxes factor into the price differences as well. 

In the U.S., a pack of cigarettes that might cost you $10 or $12 in New York City will cost you maybe half that if you cross the bridge and buy in New Jersey. Same thing if you go from Chicago to Gary, Indiana. And Seattle residents recently suffered some serious sticker shot when the price of a 12 pack of pop almost doubled overnight when a new tax on sugary drinks went into effect. But if they drive outside the city limits, they'll find prices much closer to what they were used to. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forget anything about conversion rates, etc.

The Euro never was worth less than the US Dollar, yet I'm supposed to hand over 22 Euros for 20 Dollars on iOS.

Nope, not doing that.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Out of curiosity, are you in the north or south of England? I wonder if that has something to do with it.
    I'm in the north where wages and the cost of living is lower. Pricing us at the higher end might be a tougher sell.
  • DAZ0273
    DarthDeVo said:
    Hadronic said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I'll freely admit I'm ignorant of the issue when it comes to the tax structure of foreign countries, but I'm curious if local or regional taxes factor into the price differences as well. 

In the U.S., a pack of cigarettes that might cost you $10 or $12 in New York City will cost you maybe half that if you cross the bridge and buy in New Jersey. Same thing if you go from Chicago to Gary, Indiana. And Seattle residents recently suffered some serious sticker shot when the price of a 12 pack of pop almost doubled overnight when a new tax on sugary drinks went into effect. But if they drive outside the city limits, they'll find prices much closer to what they were used to. 
    Tax in the UK on purchases is fixed at one rate.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018

Out of curiosity, are you in the north or south of England? I wonder if that has something to do with it.
    I'm in the north where wages and the cost of living is lower. Pricing us at the higher end might be a tougher sell.

It's not AB testing and they certainly aren't doing regional pricing within a single country.

If anything prices are set per region/maybe per country, but may differ between iOS, google and Steam.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm north as well, near Leeds. 

I can understand them not all using the exact same conversion rate, but the difference of £4.50 is well over the top. I could understand it being a 50p difference, but not another £4 on top of that. 
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    $25 Canadian on Android. Still thinks it a relevant deal, but I won't be picking it up since its so close to the starter pack sale, which was what, 7 days ago?

For all I know in another 7 days there will be a better sale which includes CP or a 4*.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Can I somehow get the offer back if I clicked "No" by mistake?
    It should still be available in the Heroes for Hire store.  Click on Recruit Heroes, then cycle through the stores until you find the Heroes For Hire store.  In mine, it's the first one of the left.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Presumably the conversion was "fixed" based upon the value on a certain date.

If we took today's conversion rates then $19.99 = £14.14, taking into acount fluctuations and that you wouldn't get that rate exactly it does indeed seem that Steam operate reasonably close to a true conversion rate and Apple are punishing the UK market.

Anybody know what the Euro value is?
    Reporting from Lithuania, it's 19.99 € here. Translates to 24.88 $. So roughly 5 $ on top, that's too much imo and I'm passing this one.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    27.99 +tax here in Canada on iOS
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I think its a great deal and would normally buy, but just got the starter pack last week.  Wife might kill me if I send again.

But may be worth it...

If you don't hear from me, say a few kind words in my memory :)
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly this just looks like the starter pack (which I did snag) with a bit more ISO and HP, for over twice the cost. Pass.
  • cactusrob
    cactusrob Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Maybe if this had slipped into next month's pay cycle, I may have considered this. No where as near a good deal as the last thought 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to stop by and provide a bit of clarity on the different price points players might be seeing. Some of you have mentioned A/B testing, however I can confirm that this is not the case. 

Instead, the price differences some players are seeing are due to a variety of reasons, such as different platforms, regions, taxes, or maybe all of the above! (In some cases, our team even receives pricing set by the platform itself)

Hopefully that provides a bit more clarity about pricing (or maybe a bit more confusion. Sorry..), or at the very least about whether it's an A/B test or not.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    $27.99 is nearly twice the price of the last bundle. Not even remotely worth it this time, particularly so close together.