S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 4 Bundle (1/29/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Starting in the R145 release, a new limited-time bundle pack will be available today to players who can play in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 4 in Story and Versus events.

Geared towards mid-tier players, looking to become a bit more competitive in events, any player who has a S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank of 15 or higher will be able to purchase this pack. It includes six covers of three popular 3-Stars, as well as Iso-8, Hero Points, Elite, and Heroic tokens. Once available, this bundle can be purchased from the Heroes for Hire store.

Additional Information:
  • Contents:
    • 3,000 Hero Points
    • 24,000 Iso-8
    • 6 Heroic Tokens
    • 12 Elite Tokens
    • 6 covers (2 of each power) of
      • Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
      • Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
      • Thanos (Modern)
  • Can be purchased for $19.99 USD (or converted accordingly to your region's currency)
  • Lasts 3 days from when it is first made available to the player

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another great value deal, but why are you running A/B testing on this again? Seeing the offer for 19,99€ on a Reddit post, yet my Euro price is 21,99€.. Can't you throw us a bone and try to set the same prices for everyone for once. Perpetually overpaying for the same stuff as everyone else is getting really really old
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Are you both running on the same platform?
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018
    Daiches said:
    Another great value deal, but why are you running A/B testing on this again? Seeing the offer for 19,99€ on a Reddit post, yet my Euro price is 21,99€.. Can't you throw us a bone and try to set the same prices for everyone for once. Perpetually overpaying for the same stuff as everyone else is getting really really old

I buy for 19.99 euros on steam

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018

My Steam account sees it for NZ$24.79.  My Android account sees it for NZ$31.99.  Both Steam and Android sell a Stark for NZ$124.99.

So, Steam = 1/5 of a Stark, Android 1/4 of a Stark, close enough.

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    On a separate point, this comes a week after the starter pack.  Can we expect a CL5 bundle next week, CL6 the week after, and so on?  At what point will 5* be included, and for how much?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018

This is great but why does it have to be 'limited to 3 days'? I get it, they want to instill "fear of loss" so we quickly buy it but it would be nice if it stayed permanent until we purchase it, like the current Steam DLC bundles.

While it is still a good value overall, when I compare to the Starter Pack, it's not as good in my opinion. For $12 more, you an additional 1800 HP, 8000 Iso, 6 Heroic tokens, 2 Elite but the same amount of 3* covers and no 2* covers

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Mid-tier" is SR 15?  What's their high tier SR 30?  I know the forums are way above normal, but really?  Not complaining just kinda confused.

This doesn't sound like quite as good of a deal as the last one IMO.  For the starter pack I bought on both my main account and my side.  This one if I buy at all it will only be for my main. $20 is a little steep, especially with it not being spread out.  If they waited 3 months they'd have probably gotten $40 out of me.
  • Caprila
    Caprila Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

This is great but why does it have to be 'limited to 3 days'? I get it, they want to instill "fear of loss" so we quickly buy it but it would be nice if it stayed permanent until we purchase it, like the current Steam DLC bundles.

While it is still a good value overall, when I compare to the Starter Pack, it's not as good in my opinion. For $12 more, you an additional 1800 HP, 8000 Iso, 6 Heroic tokens, 2 Elite but the same amount of 3* covers and no 2* covers

It says on the label that it's not as good as the starter pack (8x value vs 6x value)
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The Steam DLC might be permanent (until bought), but those are not in discount. And when they are, that discount is also for a limited time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

This doesn't sound like quite as good of a deal as the last one IMO.  For the starter pack I bought on both my main account and my side.  This one if I buy at all it will only be for my main. $20 is a little steep, especially with it not being spread out.  If they waited 3 months they'd have probably gotten $40 out of me.
    Agreed. I bought the starter pack because it was a good value, but it was at the limit of what I was willing to spend. This one is priced far beyond what I am willing to pay, so I will let it expire and not look back.
    Particularly since it seems likely there may be another time limited bundle introduced next week...
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I dont think its a terribly deal or anything, but it feels like we just had the last sale. I'd be all over it if it was spread out a little more from the last sale. Since they are so close I'm not sure if I'll jump on this one or not.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not for me, but I'm sure some people will benefit from it 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious how they decide what characters to include in these packs. It's pretty easy to get 3*s to complete these sets via bonus heroes reliably, but when the inevitable 4* pack comes out, who will be the characters featured in there?

SWitch and 3anos are pretty ubiquitous at the 3* tier, but is anybody seriously leaning on Dar3devil? Are there any conclusions to be drawn about what they want the meta to be/what it is from who they include?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious how they decide what characters to include in these packs. It's pretty easy to get 3*s to complete these sets via bonus heroes reliably, but when the inevitable 4* pack comes out, who will be the characters featured in there?

SWitch and 3anos are pretty ubiquitous at the 3* tier, but is anybody seriously leaning on Dar3devil? Are there any conclusions to be drawn about what they want the meta to be/what it is from who they include?
    Yeah it's an interesting thought.  I certainly wouldn't have included DD.  I might have included switch.  I'd swap out DD for IM40 or Strange.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker

I mean, DD's recyclinig stun is a pretty big deal at the 3* level, and SWitch charging his purple gives him a shot against GRocket players, so I'd say it's a pretty good batch of characters.

That being said, I agree with the people who are sitting out this sale. My wife and I both bought the starter pack, and I'll take a hard look at whatever comes next for 4* players, but this one doesn't get my $$.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to like using Dar3devil for his red trap back when traps fired off when it was destroyed any old way; his repeating stun took too much getting moving to really work even though it was rad when it did. Also I always used Switch's purple to feed Fist/Cage's machine.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I broke my piggy bank for the starter pack, so I'm passing this one. I just recently max champed Thanos so his covers are pretty useless to me right now and even tho 3k HP and tokens look tempting, but it's a no from me. Might buy the later deal if there is one
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I liked it for 11ish €. This price is too high. Not buying.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    • Lasts 3 days from when it is first made available to the player

I'd like to call everyone's attention to that last data point, above.  If I read this correctly, the deal becomes available when you hit SCL 15, then lasts for 3 days.  So basically the "Starter Pack" was a special offer/test run, this bundle will become a permanent part the game.  Whenever any player hits SCL 15, they get access to this bundle.  The deal stays up for 3 days, then goes away.

If that's the case, it's a good thing - it will let newer players get a leg up on their 3* roster and help them get through that tier more quickly (if they're willing to pay $20 US.)  The fact that it really isn't worth it for me is irrelevant, I'm not the kind of player this is geared at.

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

This one is a pass for me as well. It's a bit too soon after the Starter pack, so I'm already disinclined to spend again right now. Of the three characters included, only one is within range of getting a Legendary Token via champ rewards from the included covers. That leaves tokens, which I have to assume will be 2* pulls - that's not necessarily bad, because it keeps the farms moving, but it's also not something I'm willing to spend cash on.

Interested to see what's next.