***** Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited October 2021 in Character Details

Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) 
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes
greentilepng redtilepng blacktilepng  
"Robbie Reyes is a hard-working, young mechanic working to support himself and his brother, Gabe. But when an underground street race went sour, he found himself haunted by an evil spirit which granted him the power to transform into the All-New Ghost Rider! As Ghost Rider, Robbie must learn to suppress the darker urges of the spirit and use his powers to exact vengeance on the wicked!"

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)

17518 Health / 70413 Health

30 | 214 | 28 | 26 | 241 | 187 | 121 | 4.0x
 122 | 860 | 113 | 103 | 968 | 753 | 486 | 4.0x

Hell Ride - 9 
greentilepng AP
Ghost Rider tears through the battlefield leaving trails of fire to scorch his enemies.  Creates a 1-turn Countdown tile that destroys up to 3 surrounding enemy or basic tiles, dealing 161 extra damage for each destroyed Green, Red, and Black tile, then recreates itself (destroyed tiles do not generate AP). (Max level 646 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 201 damage for each destroyed Green, Red and Black tile. (Max level 808 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 242 damage for each destroyed Green, Red and Black tile. (Max level 969 damage)
  • Level 4: Destroys 4 tiles.
  • Level 5: Destroys 5 tiles, dealing 294 damage for each destroyed Green, Red and Black tile. (Max level 1179 damage)
Chain Whip - 7 redtilepng AP
Ghost Rider hurls his chain at an enemy, binding them in place.  Stuns the target for 1 turn and creates a 5-turn Fortified Red Countdown tile targeting the Stunned enemy.  While this tile is on the board, this power becomes Judgement Day and whenever that enemy makes a match they take 723 damage. (Max level 2907 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 983 damage when the targeted enemy makes a match. (Max Level 3954 damage)
  • Level 3: Countdown tile lasts 6 turns.
  • Level 4: Countdown tile lasts 7 turns. Deals 1323 damage when the targeted enemy makes a match. (Max level 5320 damage)
  • Level 5: Countdown tile lasts 8 turns. Deals 1677 damage when the targeted enemy makes a match. (Max level 6744 damage)
Judgement Day redtilepng AP
Ghost Rider Slams his enemy hard into the ground.  Remove all of Ghost Rider's Chain Whip tiles to deal 2784 damage to the targeted enemy. This power becomes Chain Whip. (Max level 11192 damage)

(PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy targeted by a Chain Whip tile makes a match, they take 723 damage. (Max level 2907 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 3062 damage. (Max level 12311 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 3341 damage. (Max level 13430 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 3898 damage. (Max level 15669 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 5011 damage. (Max level 20146 damage)
Damnation - 8 blacktilepng AP
Ghost Rider punishes those with evil hearts, dragging them to the Underworld to atone for their sins.  Deals 2431 damage.  If the target has dealt the most damage on the enemy team, deal 3889 damage instead. (Max level 9771 or 15633 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 2674 damage or 4278 if the target has dealt the most damage on the enemy team. (Max level 10748 or 17196 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 2917 damage or 4667 if the target has dealt the most damage on the enemy team. (Max level 11725 or 18760 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 3403 damage or 5445 if the target has dealt the most damage on the enemy team. (Max level (13679 or 21886 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 4376 damage or 7000 if the target has dealt the most damage on the enemy team. (Max level 17588 or 28139 damage)

***** Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) ***** 24 votes

5/5/3
33%
sinnerjflContinuedClockIridiousPongieMoosePrimeKjeldbjergJwallyrRaskullKing 8 votes
5/3/5
50%
OzarkBoatswainStarfuryzonatahuntDartmaster01y4747Piro_plockzodiac339DeadsiderSNKAllenCharlieCrokernwahs086Cactus_Jack_87 12 votes
3/5/5
4%
stochasticism 1 vote
5/4/4
8%
YasuruTreras 2 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
4%
gmtosca 1 vote

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Cthulhu The Black ability has Kravens move instead of Ghost Riders.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    When there is 1 enemy remaining, does the Damnation ability still calculate if this final enemy has inflicted the most damage from the enemy team?
    Or if they are the last enemy standing are they automatically calculated as having inflicted the most damage (since the other enemies are downed, and thus no longer considered in the calc). 
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    sorry i rushed, i will update the stats from Kravens to Ghost Rider 5-STar now
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    That green is stupidly good, for 9AP you get 9 AP back every turn, plus cascades, plus around 12k dmg every turn! It is like SS black hole on steroids!

And his other powers are quite good too.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Half-dead Thor feeding GR green = 14 AP per turn plus boosted destruction damage and cascades. Game over.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Polares said:
    That green is stupidly good, for 9AP you get 9 AP back every turn, plus cascades, plus around 12k dmg every turn! It is like SS black hole on steroids!
    I agree that this looks interesting, but I think there are a few issues that slightly temper my enthusiasm:
    • Repeater tiles can be wiped out by Gambit's purple (of course, Gambit crushes everything so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).
    • Only basic tiles can be destroyed. Remember when Scarlet Witch's blue stopped converting TU tiles and it was appreciably less effective in practice? These tiles don't destroy TUs OR blue/purple/yellow tiles. Special tiles and charged tiles (both your own and your opponent's) are also a problem. With only mild bad luck you could have a tile stuck not destroying anything. Obviously, getting multiple tiles helps mitigate this.
    • The tiles can fall, unlike Black Hole. In fact, they will fall faster than normal tiles because they will sometimes destroy tiles underneath them. Once they are at the bottom row they will have more difficulty destroying tiles.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic as I think this will still be a very good power, I just think I will need to try it out to see how much of the full effect you're actually getting in the game vs. on paper.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I got his green cover and messed around with him at the Galactus PVE. Teamed him with 4*Fist and 4*Cage. 

+ you can put a lot of these things on the field with the way it generates AP. You can get 6 of these things on the field VERY easily.
    + Cage fortified them and that meant it wasn’t going to be wiped out anytime soon
    + while it can fall to the bottom, it’s a terror in the middle of the screen if red/green/black tiles ARE NOT underneath

- can drop to the bottom of the stage rather quickly and that changed its effectiveness.

• CartoonScience
    CartoonScience Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Just finished progression, and got GR's green from the Engines of Vengeance token (lucky!).
    9 AP for a board shake/AP generating power is okay in my book!
    First time using it, I was amused that one of the repeater tiles fell to a space adjacent to the other and took them both out on the following cycle.
    And yes, it's very similar to Surfer's singularity in what it does, but it sinks as it takes out the tiles below it.
    Not sure what Polares meant, each tile can only take out a max of 3 tiles, so two tiles can only generate 6 AP when they proc *IF* the appropriate colors are adjacent.
    Whatever the case, it's a really fun power to play with. Looking forward to situations where I can use it.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Can someone explain me something? Red power said that : "Whenever that enemy makes a match they take **** damage". It means enemy that I used red on? Or it means targeted enemy? So, theoretically, this enemy can take none of this damage if his colors tanked by other enemy's and he doesn't making matches. Cause you can't see what colors on the board using each of the enemy. Besides the primary colors. And if there's color's are matching? Both red users, for example. You have to check every time who tanking witch color. Or the enemy in front always counts as main match damage? And, for example, if I hit enemy with GR red and switch to another, how can I be sure that this enemy will make matches, not the other one in the team? Questions, questions, questions... I hope someone understand what I just wrote  :D
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    Anyone have this guy champed? How does he play, is he any good? I he worth going for before he leaves tokens? I haven't heard anything good or bad on him yet.
  • Polares
    edited February 2018

Not sure what Polares meant, each tile can only take out a max of 3 tiles, so two tiles can only generate 6 AP when they proc *IF* the appropriate colors are adjacent.

Repeater tiles that destroy up to 3 surrounding Green, Red, or Black basic tiles

Level 3:  Creates 3 Green Repeater ....

So 3 x 3 = 9 :D

And yeah I didn't think about "gravity", but just after a turn you get all the AP invested back so, even if it just gets you two AP every turn after the first turn, it is still probably quite good (6 extra AP every turn is still A LOT). Also, when the tiles reach the bottom, they probably have more chances of creating cascades, so you are exchanging direct AP for the one you can get out of cascades.

The only problem is obviously Gambit. But 9 AP is a decent price for any powerful ability and you get A LOT out of it.

So, Luke Cage can fortify them, that is cool, but I guess GG and Hawkeye can't, isn't it? (I have never tried to use them with repeater abilities)
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Polares said:
    The only problem is obviously Gambit.
    You can just copy and paste this into every other character's discussion thread.  :p
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    Polares said:

So, Luke Cage can fortify them, that is cool, but I guess GG and Hawkeye can't, isn't it? (I have never tried to use them with repeater abilities)
    Goblin will fortify them:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70426/r146-release-notes-2-12-18/p1

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Anyone have this guy champed? How does he play, is he any good? I he worth going for before he leaves tokens? I haven't heard anything good or bad on him yet.
    Mine is at 2/2/2 for now but Im already noticing a lot of problems with him for now but this is just early impressions.

Green repeater tiles are not fortified, they drop with board shake and they dont do anything a lot of the time because theyre limited to 3 colors. The damage is pretty good for the destruction though. At 5 covers the repeater tiles will go off at every turn so that probably improves things a bit. So far im not impressed with this power, its so unreliable.

Red's passive component wont work on non-goons (obviously), the CD is not fortified either and it might be removed entirely either by accident or if the enemy dies. This ends up being a 14 AP ability for OK damage, on defense its probably better since you wont want that char to makes matches. The stun can be handy.

Black's good, its just straight up good damage for the AP, not too sure how the game determines who made most damage (vs goons, if the last enemy hasnt done much dmg but he's the only one left, etc).

Is he bad or good? Hard to tell, I cant imagine him being meta-defining, probably in the top10.

• Polares
    edited February 2018
    Polares said:

Goblin will fortify them:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70426/r146-release-notes-2-12-18/p1

Wow, that is pretty cool! And they just overlap in black, so we can then get a 5/5/3 GR that pairs with a 5/5/3 GG, they will be great together!

Don't get me wrong @sinnerjfl , I don't think he is going to be meta defining either, but he is going to be very good probably Spidey, DD level good, maybe better than those and Thor level good. I think he will be as good as his green, that is going to be his defining power. And at 2/2/2 even Gambit is quite meh too, I think you really need green at 5, as you get an extra repeater tile AND it goes off every turn, that is a BIG difference, red and black have just incremental updates so those ones are much easier to judge.

I doubt I will get anytime soon so I hope someone with a maxed GR can tell as how really good his green is.
  • sinnerjfl
    5/5/3
    Polares said:

Don't get me wrong @sinnerjfl , I don't think he is going to be meta defining either, but he is going to be very good probably Spidey, DD level good, maybe better than those and Thor level good. I think he will be as good as his green, that is going to be his defining power. And at 2/2/2 even Gambit is quite meh too, I think you really need green at 5, as you get an extra repeater tile AND it goes off every turn, that is a BIG difference, red and black have just incremental updates so those ones are much easier to judge.

I hope green does become a lot better at 5 covers as having one more repeater reduces the chance of getting bad placement on those tiles. Just hope they dont land at the bottom or the outer edges.

Repeater going off every turn would probably pay the cost of the ability by itself pretty fast too.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have GR at 4,0,4 and the issue with his green is it only destroys R,G,B.  At level 5 it fires every turn but what happens is if there are no R,G,B tiles the reporter tile does nothing.  His black does work.  No idea on his red.  Overall red would be great with a red generator like IM so you could stun the strongest character and then nuke a character with judgement day.  I would still put him below Thor and DD though.  DD heal and strike tiles are just too good.  Thor’s AP generation is more consistent if you can hide him and in PVE against goons Thor is a beast and can generate AP right away.  
    Mas far as meta goes I can see GR in PVP paired with Gambit against Gambit and BB.  Gambit is almost Gary reed to get one big hit off against you with BB and that can set up GR for the 20K damage plus your own red 15K damage to kill gambit.  Then you can fire his green to generate more AP to feed Gambit or GR black.  Only issue is 10 black is expensive when facing Gambit.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    There's one big problem with gr, but that's maybe only for me: his repeater tiles takes a long time to trigger - its like a half sec to countdown by 1, another half to check if there's something to destroy, then destroy, then proceed to next one. In last pve in his essencial when Ive casted it twice I tought Ill cut myself during all the processing through those repeaters while there was just one goon left. But maybe its just me, and HE coulson lovers wont see a problem here as well ;)
  • sinnerjfl
    edited March 2018
    5/5/3
    RNG was favorable, got his green to 5 covers and I cannot say I'm impressed.

It's obviously better since he makes 3 tiles and they go off every turn but the same problem persists, after a few turns of generating some AP/damage, the tiles fall off to the bottom and the board becomes really dry in R/G/B. The repeater tiles basically become useless and then you start to wonder why you're using this ability at all. I guess bringing someone who can add his colors to the board could help...  He does give you some good boardshake though, can make some good cascades.

And yes, the animation for the green ability when the repeater goes off is insufferable, it takes so damn long if you leave the animations on, and it still takes too long with them turned off, they need to speed that up drastically.

Edit: This is all wrong, champed him and green is very very good, much more a damage power than an AP gathering one. High match damage, tanky and that black nuke is great. Pairs superbly with Thor at 50% health too.

He doesnt rank too far from Gambit/Thor/DD.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    5/3/5
    I just champed him this week, and MAN, this guy is FUN! His best build seems to be a very clear 5/3/5 for me.

He can absolutely shred with 5* DD, because each of his green repeater tiles work with DD's strikes, and if you start the turn against a stunned enemy, those repeaters can just melt health away with DD's passive...IF....you have the right board. Several times my repeaters have ended up useless at the bottom of the screen. Thankfully, it's very reasonably priced at 9 green AP.

His black seems to have the biggest damage return on AP in the game, other than Goblin's. But, you can obviously fire it off more than Gobby's, so I prefer GR's black.

His red is fine, and also works great with DD in that it stuns, and the damage dealt also works with strikes every time the target makes a match.

It's also worth noting that he currently has the highest match damage in the game, with his green barely pushing past Thor's.

Overall, he seems to be a very solid B+ character, and he's fun, which is the most important part to me.