PvP versus Sportsmanship

124»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought Lighting Rounds had brackets of 1000, and for Sakaar they were like 25 or some other wildly smaller amount?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Normal weekly LR is single bracket each one.  90 minutes, all in the same pool.

The Sakaar and other special ones have 20-man brackets.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    A sportsman like yourself should consider smaller game. Rather than trophy hunting big progression points. Field a smaller team than all these teams your passing up. don't lead with your gambolt and don't skip those points. Can you beat them with Yelena? you want challenge: play with 3* Gambit. the frustration.the travesty. 

Sometimes as a fanboy I will throw teams that are developmentally unfit but thematically fun. archnemesis or mirror match even when out classed.

Whatever you do keep playing your way if it be fun. And if you really want to achieve progression: Join em! go to one of the rooms and they will help you out. There is nothing untoward or wicked about die-hards going above and beyond. I think that overall the playerbase, whether here or line/slack/wherevs, will help you play better and have more fun. But as you have your own sense of sportsmanship they will def have rules,values and mores that you'll have to go along with. Its like a full safari or hunting squirrel's and catchin rabbits. 

Remember its a jungle out there :
    Me trying to get to 900 : Miss all those easy targets and then the Predators gitcha!

sorry for the size
    *that what **EDITED FOR CONTENT***

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Quebbster said:
    And the interesting thing is that there are no brackets in the Lightning rounds, so the only thing that changed was your matchmaking...
    No brackets...? You mean, no slices...? Pretty sure there are numerous brackets each LR!

Dapptastic said:

... took his well-covered, capped, highly synergistic 5* duo into SCL7.

That's not very sporting-like.

I get that you're trying to point your hypocrisy stick but I already admitted I avoid hitting people I think have weaker rosters.  

Oh dear. I see that overshot the cranial unit.

That wasn't about who was hitting who, but who is placing where, and the irony of a 5* player playing in SCL7, talking about "sportsmanship" and touting his own supposed sporting play, all the while "stealing" placement from the up-and-coming 3*>4* transitioning players who qualify for SCL7.

I'm sure they appreciate your not hitting them (as has been explained, your available targets are not tied to SCL, you'd see the exact same selection if you went SCL8, or 9 .... as well as 1 or 2 or 3 etc), but they're probably thinking you're one of "those unsporting jerks" who ought to "play where he belongs" all the same. :D
    the irony of playing it fast and loose with the word "irony" itself.

I challenge you to quote where I explicitly stated I was seeking to "steal" placement or it was even implied.

Then I challenge you to try to develop better reading comprehension for both the individual sense of accomplishment and to avoid foundless accusations in the future which might prevent needless embarrassment.

I love your confidence level tho...it's like you know me, emphasis on that simile tho--*LIKE*!!

Dapp--your friendly neighborhood "unsporting jerk."

*does the unsporting jerk strut*
  • [Deleted User]
    OJSP said:
    Normal weekly Lightning Rounds have brackets. The rewards are given up to rank 10,000 (or 100,000? I always forget this part) , I think. Edit: it is 100,000 https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/32564/lightning-round-question

I think they are separated into new, intermediate and vet players like the old MMR (defensive team is the last team we won with, including weakest we could field) the pts system (max of 50).

Once we break MMR we will find other players who are definitely not in our bracket.

you mention "old MMR" and a defensive team--presumably the lineup that shows up in the queue as a target for others??  So how does new--or current--MMR work, specifically in regards to which lineup shows up in target queue assuming we have used different lineups in matches??
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Quebbster said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    I personally don't play Lightning Rounds. No interest in 90 minute grinds for 48 hours. I skip them.
    90 minute grinds? Pshaw. Load seeds at beginning, hit seeds at your leisure, then maybe one or two real opponents to get past 250 Points and hopefully top 50 placement. The seeds take like five minutes, the real opponents (if you choose to fight them) maybe a bit longer. Lightning rounds are easy to play once you get the hang of it.
    It's not that I can't or don't know how to play them, I just don't have the time to do everything this game offers. I pick and choose.
    I think if more people decided to do this, they'd enjoy the game more and avoid burnout. Just because the rewards are there doesn't mean it's a necessity to earn them.

***Also, keep things civil in this thread. I'm looking at you @aesthetocyst and @Dapptastic ***
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Agree 100%, I play both PvP and PvE well beyond progression rewards and I just ignore Lightning Rounds unless I go in randomly and have seals. Otherwise I’d be setting alarms and all sorts of rubbish.

I have other things to do!
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    This may sound crazy... But I agree with Ducky! (I’m not one to agree with mods often on most forums of most games!). The game is not designed for people to play everything optimally and to earn all rewards, especially balancing the normal ‘real-life’ demands. I know a lot of people will aim to play it all, to get it all, but you shouldn’t be disappointed if you fall short. Enjoy the game, be chilled, collect rewards you can and be happy.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before win based I always felt guilty when I attacked someone more than once. Win based came along and I no longer cared about multi taps because I got my hits and others would get their hits off of me too. With win based currently gone I still have that same mindset so win based actually made me more of a cutthroat player. I just want them yummy points. My only real rule anymore is that I won't attack alliance mates or friends unless I know they're shielded.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Doc L said:
    This may sound crazy... But I agree with Ducky! (I’m not one to agree with mods often on most forums of most games!). The game is not designed for people to play everything optimally and to earn all rewards, especially balancing the normal ‘real-life’ demands. I know a lot of people will aim to play it all, to get it all, but you shouldn’t be disappointed if you fall short. Enjoy the game, be chilled, collect rewards you can and be happy.
    I have good news! You're not agreeing with Ducky, you're agreeing with Smokey, who Ducky agreed with.
  • [Deleted User]
    @Ducky

one of the hallmarks of an advanced, and free society is the ability to debate differences.

Take that how you will.

I'm taking my name out of the hat since apparently I'm on the D3 terrorist-watch list and honestly, I got one foot out the door as far as this "on the grid" stuff anyway.

cheers!

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    shardwick said:
    Before win based I always felt guilty when I attacked someone more than once. Win based came along and I no longer cared about multi taps because I got my hits and others would get their hits off of me too. With win based currently gone I still have that same mindset so win based actually made me more of a cutthroat player. I just want them yummy points. My only real rule anymore is that I won't attack alliance mates or friends unless I know they're shielded.
    As long as they are not a friendly and worth the points, tag them as many times as possible. Preach it!!
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Dapptastic said:
    @Ducky

I'm taking my name out of the hat since apparently I'm on the D3 terrorist-watch list and honestly, I got one foot out the door as far as this "on the grid" stuff anyway.

Ducky doesn't work for D3. He tries to control flame wars which you're participating in, and in some cases inciting.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    PvP? Someone actually play that?
    PvP is waste of time after getting first 5* promoted - too many loses, too much time needed to get one single victory, too annoying compared to PvE. I am done with PvP for good... when i abandoned PvP, i actually started enjoying the game :D
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Not true veny. With 1 5* champ, you should still be seeing mostly 4* rosters with the occasional 5* mixed in. Did you level another 5* past 360?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Not true veny. With 1 5* champ, you should still be seeing mostly 4* rosters with the occasional 5* mixed in. Did you level another 5* past 360?
    I did now (literally) but before i did, i was seeing maxed 5*s like Spiderman, Gambit, Black Bolt etc. accompanied by maxed 4*s, postly powered up ones.
    With my poor OML as the only maxed 5* PvP was tough and cost a lot of heals. Usually i was able to reach 575 points, but with difficulties and lots of frustration :D
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    I did now (literally) but before i did, i was seeing maxed 5*s like Spiderman, Gambit, Black Bolt etc. accompanied by maxed 4*s, postly powered up ones.
    With my poor OML as the only maxed 5* PvP was tough and cost a lot of heals. Usually i was able to reach 575 points, but with difficulties and lots of frustration :D

With OML as your single fivestar champion... Yeah, I can see why PvP would be difficult. His nerf basically painted a big target on him in PvP.

But hey, if you mostly play PvE anyway there's no harm whatsoever in leveling up other fivestars too. Once you have some of the good ones champed PvP may become fun again.