Lightning Round question...

Born2DieNPvP
Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
How come sometimes I can enter a LR wayyy late and still have seed teams and other times if I am only 3 minutes late no seeds are available at all?

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've assumed it was because a new bracket had started.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love that explained by a red.. have always wondered that. no rhyme or reason and I've done hundreds of LRs. sometimes you get 0 seeds if you're 2-3 minutes late but I've also gotten the full set as late as 20 minutes in. lately if you're any later than that you'll be lucky to get the 3. I think it helps if you're in game playing another match and are late more than if your in a different app or the phone is asleep. but I've also been in a match and joined a few minutes late and gotten either 3 or 0 seeds, so no idea.

no brackets in LRs. I think we are all in one big pool. otherwise I consistently get put in brackets with the same guys at the top (colog, Puerto rico et.al.).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my experience it seems to matter if you have the app open or not.

On PC, if I have it running when LR starts I can usually run them almost a half hour late and some seed teams are still there. But if I open MPQ at 9:01 they are gone.

My complaint is when they are gone for other reasons. In back-to-back LR's yesterday I had the game reset (hey, did you know there is a new 4* available?!?) - which kicked me out of LR screen, and when I went back in the seeds were gone. Then I had the game crash in the second match, and going back in the seeds were gone.

Wish they would just run it like "hey, everybody get 10 seed teams whenever they start any event, when they are gone they are gone".
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know if you get hit while going though seeds, sometimes you lose the remaining underlying seeds. still get the other 2 seed nodes but under the red retal they vanish even if you should have several left.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Would be cool to always get seed teams. ^_^
  • Esheris wrote:
    Would be cool to always get seed teams. ^_^

We are all seed teams for someone.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I have a better question: can we please have them on other days of the week sometime? Those of us with M-F jobs might appreciate being able to spend some time in them.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    It used to be that if you have the app running/open when the LR starts, you got the seed teams. That doesn't seem to be a steadfast rule any more, but it still seems to be a factor for me. I'm more likely to get seed teams when the app is running.
  • I also have the understanding is about you having the app open when the LR starts. One thing i can't understand is that many times i entered LR the moment it starts but only start playing after 1hr. When I start playing, i get only 3 seed teams at times and get 5-8 sead teams on other occassions
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gongz wrote:
    I also have the understanding is about you having the app open when the LR starts. One thing i can't understand is that many times i entered LR the moment it starts but only start playing after 1hr. When I start playing, i get only 3 seed teams at times and get 5-8 sead teams on other occassions
    I think that depends on whether the app needed to contact the server while you were waiting or not. My personal superstition about Lightning Rounds is to never open tokens as long as I am getting seed teams. I think opening a token may cause the later seed teams to vanish.