Marvel Puzzle Quest Starter Pack *Updated (1/25/18)

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Looks like an effort get/allow more players to jump right over 1* land.  Which is a good thing.  Hopefully a first step towards just deleting that whole tier?
    You'll take my MBW teamups when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.
    If that's your preference I guess?
    Apparently you've never heard of "stings tu"? Shame, it's basically the most useful tu for a 5* roster. 5 turn target stun and 1 turn for each other enemy. For 9 ap. Look into it.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Excellent deal.  I bought it.  Thanks.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Will there be other packs in the near future?
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Alfje17 said:
    Yeaheah said:
    Great deal, thanks for that.
    It does feel a bit unjustified that I have to pay € 8,99 ($11) for it though.
    A real steal at £ 5.79 here, looks like d3 haven't heard that the pound has plummeted after the Brexit vote!
    Are there different prices for each platform ? I paid £7.99 in iOS
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    rg72 said:
    Alfje17 said:
    Yeaheah said:
    Great deal, thanks for that.
    It does feel a bit unjustified that I have to pay € 8,99 ($11) for it though.
    A real steal at £ 5.79 here, looks like d3 haven't heard that the pound has plummeted after the Brexit vote!
    Are there different prices for each platform ? I paid £7.99 in iOS

Bought it through Steam, seems like for once it's good to play on Steam.

And I totally forgot about bonus rewards, very nice to get these again!

• Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Looks like it just turned up on the Kindle Fire too. Like others have said, very good value for the money, so I snapped it up.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited January 2018
    Update: The Starter Pack is now available on Amazon devices!

Looks like you beat me to it, @Anduinel! :p
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Update: The Starter Pack is now available on Amazon devices!

Looks like you beat me to it, @Anduinel! :p
    Booger. I thought it wasn't coming to Amazon devices, so went ahead and bought it on Android last night. 

Not the end of the world, but I would have preferred using my Amazon gift card. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    They made me spend money on MPQ for only the second time ever. For £7.99 (About $11, so more expensive for us UK players) it was very good value. From the covers I got several hundred HP, lots of iso on top of what what in the pack and a LT, so it was £7.99 well spent. It's just a shame it cost more for UK players.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I was tempted to buy this for my Android account, but eventually decided against it. It certainly was an excellent offer, comparable imo to the 90% off DLC on Steam around Christmas.
    But i managed to get a decent roster playing for free, and spending money would probably cross a mental treshold for me, spending more and more. And that isnt something Im willing to do.

• STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I liked the deal, wondering if they are going to do more of these or maybe run a 4* intermediate pack:) @Brigby

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I liked the deal, wondering if they are going to do more of these or maybe run a 4* intermediate pack:) Brigby

As of right now, I don't have any other bundle announcements to communicate. If I hear of anything new though, I'll be sure to inform the community!
  • Milk Jugz
    @Brigby
    The devs need to know what a hit the starter pack was, almost everyone in my alliance, including myself, bought it. We're all 5* rosters with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 people. An amateur pack (3*), a pro pack (4*), and an expert pack (5*) would be awesome!!!
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Milk Jugz said:
    @Brigby
    The devs need to know what a hit the starter pack was, almost everyone in my alliance, including myself, bought it. We're all 5* rosters with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 people. An amateur pack (3*), a pro pack (4*), and an expert pack (5*) would be awesome!!!
    If this happens i hope that they dont offer it to often because then i would have to eat noodels every day xD. No but seriously would love a 4* pack :)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey @Brigby  why not make this deal a permanent once in a life time offer starter pack type of thing? I think this offer is really great for new players, and if a new player starts today it should have the option of buying it. With so many characters, something like this offer can help a lot to start in the good direction for new players.

PS: Obviously other similar offers can be offered on top, and there can be new ones with new chars every once in a while, but as a starter pack (like the Magic ones) this one is very good. You should really think about this.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked the deal, wondering if they are going to do more of these or maybe run a 4* intermediate pack:) @Brigby

That's an interesting idea, but what would trigger it?  Hitting a certain SCL level?  Which level would be appropriate for that?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018

Here we go, Steam just updated, and suddenly there's a SHIELD LV4 Pack available for NZ$24.79.

3000 HP, 24000 ISO, 6 Heroic,12 Elite, 6 covers each of Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Thanos.

6X value, apparently, and available for 3 days.

:edit: not on Android yet, the Heroes for Hire store hasn't updated.  Probably comes with R145.

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker

Here we go, Steam just updated, and suddenly there's a SHIELD LV4 Pack available for NZ$24.79.

3000 HP, 24000 ISO, 6 Heroic,12 Elite, 6 covers each of Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Thanos.

6X value, apparently, and available for 3 days.

:edit: not on Android yet, the Heroes for Hire store hasn't updated.  Probably comes with R145.

wish they would do me a solid and wait about 3 weeks to release the next pack. Still getting my intercepts from the starter pack.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Personally I think they would have fared better if the new 'mid-tier' pack was a bit smaller, but priced similar to the starter pack, for example with 3 covers instead of 6 covers for the 3*
  • Milk Jugz
    Dogface said:
    Personally I think they would have fared better if the new 'mid-tier' pack was a bit smaller, but priced similar to the starter pack, for example with 3 covers instead of 6 covers for the 3*
    I scooped it up, besides the iso, tokens, and covers, there was actually more hp for $20 than the normal option. Everything else was icing