Marvel Puzzle Quest Starter Pack *Updated (1/25/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Update: The Starter Pack is now available on Amazon devices!
=====
Hi Everyone,

Starting today, players will have the chance to buy a limited-time Marvel Puzzle Quest Starter Pack, after completing the first several Prologue missions!

Geared towards players just starting out, or in the early 2 to 3-Star transition phases, this offer contains covers for some of players' favorite 2-Star and 3-Star characters. In addition, there will be Hero Points, Iso-8, and Elite Tokens to help you begin powering those characters up. Once available, this bundle can be purchased from the Heroes for Hire store.

Details
  • Available once you complete the first couple of Prologue missions.
    • All players who have completed the first couple of Prologue missions will have access to this bundle when it first launches
  • Contains covers, Hero Points, Iso-8, and Elite Tokens.
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store.
  • Maximum of 1 purchase
Additional Info
  • Contents:
    • 1,200 Hero Points
    • 16,000 Iso-8
    • 10 Elite Tokens
    • 3 Covers (1 of each power) of:
      • Thor (Modern)
      • Spider-Man (Classic)
      • Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
      • Black Panther (T'Challa)
      • Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy)
      • Captain Marvel (Modern)
      • Steve Rogers (Captain America)
      • Storm (Classic)
      • Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
  • Can be purchased for $7.99 USD (or converted accordingly to your region's currency)
  • This limited-time bundle lasts 3 days from when it is first made available to the player 

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    This is the best deal/sale y'all have ever offered on anything, ever.

I would snap it up as a starting player, and since those particular covers happen to be perfect for me as they let me re-champ and gain the LT from 3 separate duplicate 3*s, I'm snapping it up as a day 1550 player as well.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like an effort get/allow more players to jump right over 1* land.  Which is a good thing.  Hopefully a first step towards just deleting that whole tier?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best $7.99 I have ever spent in this game.  Day 1135 so not a spring chicken, either.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

This cool and looks like a great value.

Can we expect more bundles in the future?  It would be cool to see a Veterans Pack for players who cross over to specific Shield Clearance Level. The pack could include a bundle of 4*'s and LT's.

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    For me its "The Fertilizer pack" and its actually a pretty good deal :)
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    Looks like an effort get/allow more players to jump right over 1* land.  Which is a good thing.  Hopefully a first step towards just deleting that whole tier?
    Why would you want to delete an entire tier of characters?! They should be looking for ways to make the lower tiers more viable in the long term not diminishing them further. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I snatched it up right away. I'm not a starting player, but it was a good deal. Got way more with the Champ rewards from the covers.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    never mind
  • Yeaheah
    Yeaheah Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Great deal, thanks for that.
    It does feel a bit unjustified that I have to pay € 8,99 ($11) for it though.
  • broll
    broll said:
    Why would you want to delete an entire tier of characters?! They should be looking for ways to make the lower tiers more viable in the long term not diminishing them further. 
    They're relics and eat up roster slots.  Also the game really needs an updated prologue that explains many of the new systems added since launch which the game doesn't tell you about at all:
    Bonus Heroes
    Champions
    The bonus rewards for spending at least 1.99
    etc.

If they trashed the 1* tier and redid the prologue focused on 2* and 3* characters and even demoing the champ system it would be a major improvement for new players coming forward.

Plus it would eliminate the need for people past a few months to just constantly throw away useless 1*s.

broll said:
    You'll take my MBW teamups when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.
    If that's your preference I guess?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    I spend $2 a month on 200 Hero Points now just to keep bonus rewards coming in. For me the 1200 Hero Points was worth the $7.99 and the rest was just gravy. Three of the 3*s I already had max champed so the covers just went into their dupes and I ended up with a 4* Rocket and Groot cover, 23 CP and 200 HP from Champion level rewards. Great value.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Good thing I restarted the game.  I thought it was weird that the Starter Pack was priced like 2000+ HP which is nowhere near $8 converted in my currency.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    any reason why I cant see this sale in-game ?

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    evade420 said:

Are you running the latest version? If so, maybe restart the game
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Very good deal. I’m probably going to buy this on both my main and side accounts...
  • evade420
    Dogface said:
    evade420 said:

Are you running the latest version? If so, maybe restart the game
    tried that still nothing :(
  • broll
    evade420 said:

Did you finish the prologue?
  • evade420
    broll said:
    evade420 said:

Did you finish the prologue?
    yes double checked that too