Marvel Puzzle Quest Starter Pack *Updated (1/25/18)

Comments

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Like others said above -- even as someone at Day 1470 with every 3* champed (none maxed, but many close) I thought this was a fantastic deal and bought it instantly. If, this pack were offered monthly (for either a three-day window, or, an allowable one-time purchase each season), I could see myself grabbing it monthly if they rotated the offered 3*s each time.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    If this was a monthly deal, they wouldn't sell many of the other stuff I think. So, just as with the DLC on Steam I'm pretty sure it's a one-off deal.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Like others said above -- even as someone at Day 1470 with every 3* champed (none maxed, but many close) I thought this was a fantastic deal and bought it instantly. If, this pack were offered monthly (for either a three-day window, or, an allowable one-time purchase each season), I could see myself grabbing it monthly if they rotated the offered 3*s each time.
    I could too. Maybe not every month but I'd get it more often than not.  It's a better deal than VIP.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Nearly 1500 days here, hadn't bought in at least a year. Jumped on this.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:
    Personaly, I'd rather see them introduce 1* championing to keep them relevant.  While I'm sure many people would scream bloody murder at the extra 1* slots to farm/garden/weed/whatever 1*'s, it would be a good solution to keep the tier more relevant while still maintaining appropriate characters for learning the game.
    I wish they did champing with 1*.  Make it require 200 levels, so you can offset how many covers you get.  Can you imagine a 1* IM, lvl 200 and boosted for the week!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I bought this, mainly cause I'm rebuilding a Kamala Khan, but the extra iso and champ levels were gratefully appreciated. 

More offers like these guys, much fairer on the players. 
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Anyone else not got this offer? Finished the prologue, restarted several times... still nothing.   :(
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I finally got it to show up . I had to re-install the app from Google play store ( previously I had installed it from Amazon app store)

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    That was a sweet deal! Miracle grow and magic beans!  
    If they had offered that before the poll; I would have changed my answers. 
    I would buy that every month instead of VIP.
    please don't call for a nerf of the 1*s! Stop this trend of trying to stop power creep. better. stronger; more rewards, more buffs, more relevance.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    I finally got it to show up . I had to re-install the app from Google play store ( previously I had installed it from Amazon app store)

It's showing up on my Android, where I have the game downloaded through the Google Play Store. No deal on my Kindle Fire, through the Amazon Appstore. I'll probably get it either way, but I've got an Amazon gift card I would prefer to use. 

@Brigby, any idea if the deal not showing up through the Amazon Appstore is intended?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good deal for nearly everyone I think, especially compared to the terrible "regular" store bang for the buck. Most of my 3-stars are in the 200 - 230 range, so the extra champ bonuses added a lot to the value. Thanks for a fairly-priced, attractive offer!

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Personaly, I'd rather see them introduce 1* championing to keep them relevant.  While I'm sure many people would scream bloody murder at the extra 1* slots to farm/garden/weed/whatever 1*'s, it would be a good solution to keep the tier more relevant while still maintaining appropriate characters for learning the game.
    I wish they did champing with 1*.  Make it require 200 levels, so you can offset how many covers you get.  Can you imagine a 1* IM, lvl 200 and boosted for the week!
    No, just 50 please. But also need a third power for Venom, Juggernaut, Yelena, Widow (I suggest Also Widow Sting,9 yellow), and Hawkeye. “Check out my trophy level 100 Yelena... oh, God, they convinced me to roster Yelena!”
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    i bought it myself and a lot of those gave plenty of good rewards, what kinda sucked was not being able to skip through that animation hahaha. i look forward to more deals like that too
  • Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    DarthDeVo said:
    evade420 said:

It's showing up on my Android, where I have the game downloaded through the Google Play Store. No deal on my Kindle Fire, through the Amazon Appstore. I'll probably get it either way, but I've got an Amazon gift card I would prefer to use. 

@Brigby, any idea if the deal not showing up through the Amazon Appstore is intended?
    Not showing up on my Fire either.
  • modok47
    modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I wish I had this pack 2 year ago !! Great Deal with good characters  
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Day 1144 player here.
    $9.99 Canadian. Totally worth it compared to their usual pricing structure.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team, and it would appear that as of right now, the Starter Pack is only available on iOS, Android, and Steam.
  • Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team, and it would appear that as of right now, the Starter Pack is only available on iOS, Android, and Steam.
    Appreciate the update, but that does leave me out of luck. :/ Do you know if there are any plans to expand the available platforms?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeaheah said:
    Great deal, thanks for that.
    It does feel a bit unjustified that I have to pay € 8,99 ($11) for it though.
    A real steal at £ 5.79 here, looks like d3 haven't heard that the pound has plummeted after the Brexit vote!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Blerg. Well, thanks for getting confirmation for us,  @Brigby. Looks like I'll be buying through the Play Store.