MPQ at Marvel.com (Kraven the Hunter) (1/9/18)

Options

Comments

• maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    His PVP is called "Constant Kraven"

*slowclaps*
    I didn't get the reference when I read it in the article, but when I saw you say something, it clicked.

Well done, d3, well done...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,336 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    You are correct about web tiles; they are neutral. 3* Spidey makes protects; that’s the best case I can make for Kraven vs spider people. Pairing him with Eddie Venom vs anyone could be interesting.

Thanks for reply. I thought it would be more than just the protect tiles. I should have noticed that it's referring to 3* Spiderman.

For PvE, it looks like it will be quite a deadly combo against minions with Dr. Strange since both are passives. 3 special tiles? Take damage. Use active power? Take damage. 
    The purple passive kicks in when there are 4 specials at 4 covers - just something to keep in mind.  He will be interesting against symbiotes and mindless one for sure!
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - 
    Kraven the Hunter has sets his sights on Marvel Puzzle Quest!  

We do want to share 2 things that were just updated. For the Think Like the Enemy power, this power has been changed to if there are 6 enemy Special tiles (4 at Power level 4), reduce all enemy tile strength and deal damage. Also, the Kraven & Friends Vault will be titled Kraven & Foes. That is all, thanks!

Check out 4-Star Kraven the Hunter - HERE!

Already increasing the amount of special tiles for his Passive to activate? Shouldn’t these things be considering before a press release goes out?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69630/kraven-the-hunter-sergie-kravinoff/p1

His stats are posted. He looks very underwhelming. I was excited for him and now I'm completely disappointed. Maybe he'll surprise me like Chavez and Nico
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Kraven the Hunter (Sergie Kravinoff) is a 4-Star character that was designed to utilize what makes him a unique foe for not only Spider-Man but also Squirrel Girl!"

I can understand why Squirrel Girl is affected but not Spider-Man. I believe that web tiles are neutral? I'm still new to this game, so is there any experienced player who can help me see the light?
    I can't even see how he works against Squirrel Girl. Who actually uses her yellow?

I was actually kind of hoping he would have a really interesting matchup with Squirrel Girl and she'd end up being his Crash opponent.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Kraven the Hunter (Sergie Kravinoff) is a 4-Star character that was designed to utilize what makes him a unique foe for not only Spider-Man but also Squirrel Girl!"

I can understand why Squirrel Girl is affected but not Spider-Man. I believe that web tiles are neutral? I'm still new to this game, so is there any experienced player who can help me see the light?
    I can't even see how he works against Squirrel Girl. Who actually uses her yellow?

I was actually kind of hoping he would have a really interesting matchup with Squirrel Girl and she'd end up being his Crash opponent.
    I suspect Spidey and Squirrel Girl were mentioned more because of the comic connection. These articles are as much advertisements to new players as they are useful information to regulars like us.

Saying "Kraven has powers that work against Spidey and Squirrel Girl, just like how he uses his abilities against them in the comics!" is a better advertising line to potential new players than "Kraven counters the R&G/Gamora meta."
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cactusrob said:
    The event should have been called That's So Kraven. 
    It's the Trap tile I can see
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It sounded like a reference to the comics to me.  Squirrel Girl defeated Kraven when he was attacking the Squirrels of New York by convincing him to fight sea monsters instead.

Maybe this will be worked into the power set of 5* Squirrel Girl.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69630/kraven-the-hunter-sergie-kravinoff/p1

His stats are posted. He looks very underwhelming. I was excited for him and now I'm completely disappointed. Maybe he'll surprise me like Chavez and Nico
    I'm with you... except for the surprise part... there is nothing to be surprised with, unless they messed up the description. We will know for sure tomorrow when we will read the abilities in game. But I'm not holding my breath. I was so excited for him too. It feels like I was hit with a shovel in the head. 
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it's kind of weird the article suggests 355.  Black seems to be his best ability by far.  The passive reduction seems fine on purple, but the damage is similar to Lockjaw's green which is a bit underwhelming even while boosted.  Blue when compared to X23's purple seems like absolute garbage.  Even with her cost reduction we know how hard it is to spam her purple.  His tile conversion seems like it would only be good if his traps are spammed, except you cant with a whopping 10ap cost for 1 trap.  
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really hate that he has to destroy your AP too, but the final damage numbers will be the deciding factor on if I feel the tradeoff will be worth it to run him at anything but 3/5/5. He's an awesome counter though as people pointed out, so excited to be able to give him a spin. Someone said a while back that they simply nerf characters rather than introducing new characters that can specifically counter what makes them OP, so I hope this trend continues. 
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    His PVP is called "Constant Kraven"

*slowclaps*
    It's always been...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do we know the two classic 4s needed for his Shield Training. Hoping it’s ones I have Champed already. The Iso crunch is real!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    While I'm still a heavy/daily player, I'm not on these boards as much as I used to be -- but I just had to pop on and give props to the devs for an exciting character-release which checks-off every box for me:

- classic character
    - fantastic in-game art
    - a classic comic cover taken from his definitive story arc
    - a not-too-common color combination (THANK YOU!!!)
    - abilities (and descriptions thereof) which reflect the character's personality and powerset quite well
    - abilities designed to counter the #1 thing boring me about the game right now (Being the over-saturation of GRocket/Gamora/Medusa teams in PVP)

Thanks, all! Really looking forward to rostering him.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do we know the two classic 4s needed for his Shield Training. Hoping it’s ones I have Champed already. The Iso crunch is real!
    Thing and Ant-Man.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    It's on the January Sneak Peek thread:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training
     - Kraven the Hunter (1/11/18) *New Update*
    Required Characters: Kraven the Hunter, America Chavez, The Thing, Ant-Man
    You're getting slow, old man.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Thing and Ant-Man.
    Dang.  Again a classic I don't have leveled (Thing).  Seems like there's always one despite 49 champs.