MPQ at Marvel.com (Kraven the Hunter) (1/9/18)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 
Kraven the Hunter has sets his sights on Marvel Puzzle Quest!  

We do want to share 2 things that were just updated. For the Think Like the Enemy power, this power has been changed to if there are 6 enemy Special tiles (4 at Power level 4), reduce all enemy tile strength and deal damage. Also, the Kraven & Friends Vault will be titled Kraven & Foes. That is all, thanks!

Check out 4-Star Kraven the Hunter - HERE!

Comments

• AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Kraven's last hunt is still one of my favorite Spider-Man storylines. Excellent. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RIP Grocket. Depending on how much damage Kraven can reduce anyway.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome 4* #60!  Hope to use him soon.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow thumbs up to the art team, very detailed!
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I also like the Mike Zeck inspired art. Very cool!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love the comic cover they chose and the art work! Enjoy the art work now because you won't see it in game with the animations off!

I love the combo idea of pairing Kraven with Carnage. They finally gave us an awesome suggestion that isn't Star Lord or a character with an ability that does not exist (C&D creating purple). There are so many combos I want to use with that passive.. I may even pair him with Venom since he gives the enemy weak protects. Definitely a counter to the Grocket/GOTG teams, Medusa, Carol. I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers!
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kraven's last hunt is still one of my favorite Spider-Man storylines. Excellent. 
    I know it's inappropriate, but I really wish there was a power called "They said my mother was insane."
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Y'know, @Brigby, it's my birthday on Thursday. Just sayin'. ;)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Kraven the Hunter (Sergie Kravinoff) is a 4-Star character that was designed to utilize what makes him a unique foe for not only Spider-Man but also Squirrel Girl!"

I can understand why Squirrel Girl is affected but not Spider-Man. I believe that web tiles are neutral? I'm still new to this game, so is there any experienced player who can help me see the light?

Since I'm still in 3* land, I think Patch Wolverine might be good to work with since he creates strike tiles for both teams and they make a rainbow team. 3* Elektra could work too but it seems that she's ranked really low by the players in here.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    "Kraven the Hunter (Sergie Kravinoff) is a 4-Star character that was designed to utilize what makes him a unique foe for not only Spider-Man but also Squirrel Girl!"

I can understand why Squirrel Girl is affected but not Spider-Man. I believe that web tiles are neutral? I'm still new to this game, so is there any experienced player who can help me see the light?

Since I'm still in 3* land, I think Patch Wolverine might be good to work with since he creates strike tiles for both teams and they make a rainbow team. 3* Elektra could work too but it seems that she's ranked really low by the players in here.
    You are correct about web tiles; they are neutral. 3* Spidey makes protects; that’s the best case I can make for Kraven vs spider people. Pairing him with Eddie Venom vs anyone could be interesting.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really wish you guys would change back to the old style vaults for new 4* releases. These "& Friends" vaults are pure garbage. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone else think that villains in mpq seems to get a disproportionate amount of powers with a negative effect on the player's team when compared with heroes?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wish I could put more likes on this. I have been requesting him every survey I have done. And his skills seem interesting. I cannot wait to see the numbers on him.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Really wish you guys would change back to the old style vaults for new 4* releases. These "& Friends" vaults are pure garbage. 
    What's wrong with these vaults? You get a ton of tokens from multiple events that almost guarantee the new 4* cover.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What's the point of building up good teams just for them to release counters to very specific teams. Kraven is a grocket hunter plain and simple.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    You are correct about web tiles; they are neutral. 3* Spidey makes protects; that’s the best case I can make for Kraven vs spider people. Pairing him with Eddie Venom vs anyone could be interesting.

Thanks for reply. I thought it would be more than just the protect tiles. I should have noticed that it's referring to 3* Spiderman.

Finally, a counter to G4mora/Rocket/Medusa that many experienced players like to see. Hopefully, it can help to take down Medusa much quicker. 

For PvE, it looks like it will be quite a deadly combo against minions with Dr. Strange since both are passives. 3 special tiles? Take damage. Use active power? Take damage.