It’s a Strange Sight Tapping Event.

124»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Play a different bracket. You dont have to play optimally in busier brackets and you'll still hit top 10. I dont, I just do 7 clears over 24 hours and top 10 is in the bag. 
    Again, that might be true for CL7. In my experience, in CL8 and CL9 where there are more experienced players, it’s less likely to happen.

Why would I want t10 in CL7 where I could get t10-20 in CL9 and get better rewards? If I drop down a CL, I want to get better placement and rewards. If I have to wait for bracket flips, there’s no guarantee I’d be able to play when a new bracket opens. If I miss a flip, then I need to tap to catch up. Also, the more populated slices are S1 and S5, where I won’t be able to play optimally.

This event I am in CL6 because I don’t have Archangel and it’s the first time ever I dropped down a CL, I am currently leading by 5 pts over another 5* player who also doesn’t have Archangel and had a similar thought. I had to tap right at the end of the first sub otherwise I’d lose. 

Let me know how it works out when you play in CL8 (Edit: as I was typing this post, you mentioned you used to play in CL8, which proved what I said in my 1st paragraph above) or CL9 in the future.

Its the effort you are having to put in to get those rewards though. I'd rather have at least 1 4* cover by clearing each node 7 times when I want over a 24 hour period then end up doing what you are doing for a few more reward. What you get extra isn't worth the hassle. I have no intention of moving from 7 now as its a relatively easy stroll to a 4* cover and 3* covers each event. Playing in CL8 was too time consuming, far more than I'm willing to put into a mobile game now.  
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I'm with Nick on this. Based on shield level im eligible for SCL9 (not so much on roster strength id say), but i like to play in SCL7. The effort/reward ratio is great and it's the lowest level to give the 4* from progression. And max progression is my main target, placement comes secondary.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    0_efx_0 said:
    What is tapping?
    Tapping is playing a node worth 3 points over and over again to increase your score and placement. There are posts that explain it in detail.  There was an excellent on outlining someone that did a 24 hour journey post. But I’m on my phone and don’t want to search for it. 

But, short form is you finish your clears the hit the 5* essential or 4* essential or last node in main chain repeated (think 1-8 hours straight). 
  • chaos01
    Also, I can’t believe how dead this event is. My SCL 8 bracket still hasn’t filled, I’ve been playing sub-optimally and am still top 20. Usually my play style gets late top 50. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 said:
    Also, I can’t believe how dead this event is. My SCL 8 bracket still hasn’t filled, I’ve been playing sub-optimally and am still top 20. Usually my play style gets late top 50. 
    I’m sure people without Archangel played down or just skipped the whole thing.
  • chaos01
    bluewolf said:
    I’m sure people without Archangel played down or just skipped the whole thing.
    Can’t see skipping with a never ending iso shortage. As for playing down, I’ve done it once and found the rewards were just not worth it.  

I do have a single cover Archangel, but if I didn’t I’d probably still play 8, I find clear times on 9 too tedious. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 said:
    I thought I was maybe the only one feeling that way. I usually play 4.8, and in most cases it flips about two hours after the event starts. Sometimes I wait for it, but this particular event I didn't have AA and didn't want to stay up for it, so decided I would wake up early and do my initial clear then and just take what I got. 

When I joined, I think I came in at about 730 or so. Still hadn't flipped. Then last night I nodded off while doing my initial clear for the second sub. When I woke back up and finished, it was probably about 1.5-1.75 hours after the sub had opened and I was only the second player without AA to finish with the optimal score. I think I was eight or ninth overall for that sub. Some of that is due to the nature of Strange Sights anyway, but I still think it says a lot. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Lack of AA, new toon release next event, and theres a major bug issue.  Bad combo.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess I need to do my tapping guide for HOD tomorrow
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Yes, please do. The world is a better place with people like you in it.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Ok. Great i will. Also I do think the world is a better place.  If you would know me through Line, you would know how many people I help, how many PMs I get every single day asking about what nodes to tap and how to go about it.  So I will take that as a compliment.  I will make sure I tag you once it is up. Thank You for your kinda words.  
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Dogface said:
    Ok. Great i will. Also I do think the world is a better place.  If you would know me through Line, you would know how many people I help, how many PMs I get every single day asking about what nodes to tap and how to go about it.  So I will take that as a compliment.  I will make sure I tag you once it is up. Thank You for your kinda words.  
    i thought you did do HoD before. unless i have it mixed up with another event. And if you did do it already i assume you gonna update on who is available for each node?
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    @OJSP yea that much regarding the forum rule I understand. I meant it as matter of factly. Like just make sure it's not dejavu haha.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    @OJSP yea that much regarding the forum rule I understand. I meant it as matter of factly. Like just make sure it's not dejavu haha.
    I understand. After spending almost 3 years reading the forum.. a lot of things said here are like dèjà vu to me. There's many times I started typing a reply, then ended up not sending it because it just feels like I was repeating myself for the 10th time or something like that. 

You should start a blog with your most common responses. Then you can just link to the blog whenever you need to repeat yourself.