It’s a Strange Sight Tapping Event.

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, Hello again fellow tappers.  Since we have talked more and more about tapping, I have seen some insane SS of some tapping going on. Now we have tappers getting out tapped by normally non tappers and they are complaining.  This is getting so good. 

Now this event will be harder to do.  This really isn’t a tapping friendly event and our D3/Demi friends did us no help by making Arch Angel the 5* E only being in tokens for less than a week.  Wow.  What a great push to get him out there to make be an Essential.  

Good luck fellow tappers with the Mindless ones, Doom Bots and the Hand.  

Oh and if you are in Slice 1, Sub 1, make sure you don’t do Door 1 first.   Still haven’t got confirmation that the “bug” has been fixed.  You will have to tap tap tap an extra 1400 points.  

What are your tapping plans? 

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't a forum about discussion though? If no one is discussing this, what is the point of the thread? 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Another event, another tapping topic by same author. Like clockwork. 
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    i support tapping awareness and tap tapped away on saturday to finish 3rd in the 2 day sub after not playing optimally and accidentally hitting the wrong node once while tapping.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    The last thread had 12 replies and most had nothing to do with tapping. Perhaps its time to accept that people cant be bothered with this nonsense anymore. 
    Or that many of the few bothered are over it.  The majority of players were never bothered from the the start.  It'd be hard to find a more minute problem, oh wait the door 1 issue.  LOL.  The rhetoric and negative on the forums has really ramped up.  It's like Robocop's Detroit in here anymore.
  • The rockett
    broll said:
    The last thread had 12 replies and most had nothing to do with tapping. Perhaps its time to accept that people cant be bothered with this nonsense anymore. 
    Or that many of the few bothered are over it.  The majority of players were never bothered from the the start.  It'd be hard to find a more minute problem, oh wait the door 1 issue.  LOL.  The rhetoric and negative on the forums has really ramped up.  It's like Robocop's Detroit in here anymore.
    So @broll let me get this straight. A bug that was reported in August and in November is now live again in January.  Nothing was done about it.  Players lost out on rewards due to this. So you are telling me this isn’t an issue because it only affect players in Slice 1, Door 1, Sub 1 PVE?  So those players should do what then?  If nobody comes here and reports these issues then what?  Should we stay silent?  Should we not say anything?  
  • broll
    edited January 2018
    broll said:
    So @broll let me get this straight. A bug that was reported in August and in November is now live again in January.  Nothing was done about it.  Players lost out on rewards due to this. So you are telling me this isn’t an issue because it only affect players in Slice 1, Door 1, Sub 1 PVE?  So those players should do what then?  If nobody comes here and reports these issues then what?  Should we stay silent?  Should we not say anything?  
    I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be fixed.  I'm suggesting that the sky is falling level rhetoric for an issue where 1/3 of players miss out on 1400 points that probably only affects the placement of 1% or less of player population is a little absurd.  I also don't think raising the snark levels to over 9000 is helping get any of your goals accomplished.
  • The rockett
    broll said:
    broll said:
    I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be fixed.  I'm suggesting that the sky is falling level rhetoric for an issue where 1/3 of players miss out on 1400 points that probably only affects the placement of 1% or less of player population is a little absurd.  I also don't think raising the snark levels to over 9000 is helping get any of your goals accomplished.

So you are telling me that if only a small amount of players are affected it doesn't matter?  I have reported this every time.  I am beyond pissed about this.  I am trying to come up with a new way for this to be addressed.  In fact my ticket from November is still pending on this issue. 

What about the players that missed points on the Nico release and missed placement because of that?

What about the players that missed out on season points in the Doc Ock event and missed placement on the season?

Placement is everything in the game to maximize your rewards to grow your roster unless you spend a ton of money.  So if this game is rewards based and they cannot get the game set up for the rewards to be handed out right due to bugs, should be not be upset?  We have asked nicely on a lot of things and they don't get fixed.  We ask nicely and remind them about previous issues yet we are ignored.  So now we need to come up with a new way to go about this since we love to play the game, want to continue to support it and play it but want these EASY ISSUES to be resolved in the TIMLY manner.  Is that too much to ask? 

• broll
    It's clear you're beyond tinykitty about this.  That's why I'm trying to reason with you to give you some perspective.  Like you and others have when I've lost my cool on things (RE: Wins based PvP, Vaulting).  Anyway I've said my peace and I'm not trying to have a flame war over this.  Have a nice day.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    The other aspect to Whatever is Behind Door #1 is that all alliances require at least one someone to be the sacrificial lamb to take a hit and jump into Door 1 so the alliance can get on the scoreboard for it.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, Hello again fellow tappers.  Since we have talked more and more about tapping, I have seen some insane SS of some tapping going on. Now we have tappers getting out tapped by normally non tappers and they are complaining.  This is getting so good. 

Now this event will be harder to do.  This really isn’t a tapping friendly event and our D3/Demi friends did us no help by making Arch Angel the 5* E only being in tokens for less than a week.  Wow.  What a great push to get him out there to make be an Essential.  

Good luck fellow tappers with the Mindless ones, Doom Bots and the Hand.  

Oh and if you are in Slice 1, Sub 1, make sure you don’t do Door 1 first.   Still haven’t got confirmation that the “bug” has been fixed.  You will have to tap tap tap an extra 1400 points.  

What are your tapping plans? 
    The Cloak and Dagger Node looks like the go-to behind door #2. The two Decoys are squishy, and Grocket are still boosted, so it's not too hard to drop Doom fast anyhow.
  • The rockett
    That’s great advise. 
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    broll said:
    We already know that you, the guy who inserts win based into every conversation, don't care about anything that doesn't affect you.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Those missing 1400 points mean you absolutely can't compete for placement. And impossible to catch up via tapping.

And apparently other slices also have the same issue this run. Which makes that one third of the players will be affected by this. Is that still minute? @broll
  • broll
    Ruinate said:
    broll said:
    broll said:
    We already know that you, the guy who inserts win based into every conversation, don't care about anything that doesn't affect you.
    Then you clearly don't understand me at all...  LOL.  I've moved into 5* land, points based is probably better for me than win based, but win based is better for the vast majority of players, not just the few at the top.  But I'm not trying to derail this, I just had to defend my opinion since you felt the need to attack it and me.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    madoctor said:
    Those missing 1400 points mean you absolutely can't compete for placement. And impossible to catch up via tapping.

And apparently other slices also have the same issue this run. Which makes that one third of the players will be affected by this. Is that still minute? @broll
    I think it is a safe bet that anyone who is fighting for top placement at a high level is already aware of this situation and actively avoids this, for that specific reason.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    broll said:

So you are telling me that if only a small amount of players are affected it doesn't matter?  I have reported this every time.  I am beyond pissed about this.  I am trying to come up with a new way for this to be addressed.  In fact my ticket from November is still pending on this issue. 

What about the players that missed points on the Nico release and missed placement because of that?

What about the players that missed out on season points in the Doc Ock event and missed placement on the season?

Placement is everything in the game to maximize your rewards to grow your roster unless you spend a ton of money.  So if this game is rewards based and they cannot get the game set up for the rewards to be handed out right due to bugs, should be not be upset?  We have asked nicely on a lot of things and they don't get fixed.  We ask nicely and remind them about previous issues yet we are ignored.  So now we need to come up with a new way to go about this since we love to play the game, want to continue to support it and play it but want these EASY ISSUES to be resolved in the TIMLY manner.  Is that too much to ask? 

Someday when you're older, you will learn to have some better judgment about what is worth being angry about. If you are already old, then it might not be too late - try being angry about having lived so long without gaining the necessary emotional resilience to keep a reasonable perspective. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    How is it a safe bet?  Not everyone who places highly reads the forum, and there’s no in-game communications about this.  If you’ve sent a ticket, beyond boilerplate you’re not gonna get much in the way of confirmation that they’ve fixed the issue.  Why is having as much communication and information out in as many different sources a bad thing?

They have no shortage of outlets to announce a roster slot sale, but communication of an issue that will impact placement for both players and allies has to be limited?

#moreisbetter
  • The rockett
    madoctor said:

I think it is a safe bet that anyone who is fighting for top placement at a high level is already aware of this situation and actively avoids this, for that specific reason.
    Nope. I am getting SS from all different SL and Slice 1 and 2.  Issue is that there was no official response BEFORE Slice 2 started. Let’s see how many in Slice 3-5 this will hit.