It’s a Strange Sight Tapping Event.

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    halirin said:
    broll said:
    broll said:
    The last thread had 12 replies and most had nothing to do with tapping. Perhaps its time to accept that people cant be bothered with this nonsense anymore. 
    Or that many of the few bothered are over it.  The majority of players were never bothered from the the start.  It'd be hard to find a more minute problem, oh wait the door 1 issue.  LOL.  The rhetoric and negative on the forums has really ramped up.  It's like Robocop's Detroit in here anymore.
    So @broll let me get this straight. A bug that was reported in August and in November is now live again in January.  Nothing was done about it.  Players lost out on rewards due to this. So you are telling me this isn’t an issue because it only affect players in Slice 1, Door 1, Sub 1 PVE?  So those players should do what then?  If nobody comes here and reports these issues then what?  Should we stay silent?  Should we not say anything?  
    I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be fixed.  I'm suggesting that the sky is falling level rhetoric for an issue where 1/3 of players miss out on 1400 points that probably only affects the placement of 1% or less of player population is a little absurd.  I also don't think raising the snark levels to over 9000 is helping get any of your goals accomplished.

So you are telling me that if only a small amount of players are affected it doesn't matter?  I have reported this every time.  I am beyond pissed about this.  I am trying to come up with a new way for this to be addressed.  In fact my ticket from November is still pending on this issue. 

What about the players that missed points on the Nico release and missed placement because of that?

What about the players that missed out on season points in the Doc Ock event and missed placement on the season?

Placement is everything in the game to maximize your rewards to grow your roster unless you spend a ton of money.  So if this game is rewards based and they cannot get the game set up for the rewards to be handed out right due to bugs, should be not be upset?  We have asked nicely on a lot of things and they don't get fixed.  We ask nicely and remind them about previous issues yet we are ignored.  So now we need to come up with a new way to go about this since we love to play the game, want to continue to support it and play it but want these EASY ISSUES to be resolved in the TIMLY manner.  Is that too much to ask? 

Someday when you're older, you will learn to have some better judgment about what is worth being angry about. If you are already old, then it might not be too late - try being angry about having lived so long without gaining the necessary emotional resilience to keep a reasonable perspective. 
    I am glad you know me so well to tell me how I am as a successful buiness person working for a worldwide company and being very successful at it.  If the company I worked for responded like this, we would not be in business. That is what frustrates me more than anything.   
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    How is it a safe bet?  Not everyone who places highly reads the forum, and there’s no in-game communications about this.  If you’ve sent a ticket, beyond boilerplate you’re not gonna get much in the way of confirmation that they’ve fixed the issue.  Why is having as much communication and information out in as many different sources a bad thing?

They have no shortage of outlets to announce a roster slot sale, but communication of an issue that will impact placement for both players and allies has to be limited?

#moreisbetter
    Speculation on both our parts, really.  And up to debate about "placement."  Are we talking top 10, 50, 100?  Out of all those people that place well, how many are not in an alliance where they would have been informed?

Even more, lets look at those people. They are spread out amongst 5 different time slices. Throw in the bracket flips, spreading them out further.  Now factor in the one in three chance that they choose the first door.  

Will this impact some people?  Undoubtedly. Will it impact a significant number?  Depends on what you define as significant, i guess.  

And don't get me wrong, i would love to see more communications from them. I'm just in the camp of "no surprise" at the lack thereof. 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Let's suppose that's true. How are these guys still in business? What is different between mpq and whatever you guys sell? Also, why do you work for such a fragile company? Apparently they're like "one minor bug lasting for half a year and affecting a handful of people three times" away from going out of business! I hope you have a backup plan. 

Or it's possible that the people running your company have some perspective about priorities that you seem to lack. What do you think this bug is analogous to at your company, blowing off orders and just not shipping a million dollar delivery to a client when you said you would? I'm sure you're great at what you do, I just strongly doubt that it involves drawing accurate parallels between disparate circumstances. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I have 0 surprise that this isn’t fixed and was not communicated.  I will proudly say I’m trying to champion the communication bell so I’ll sound that alarm as often as possible within the guidelines of the forum.
  • The rockett
    halirin said:
    Let's suppose that's true. How are these guys still in business? What is different between mpq and whatever you guys sell? Also, why do you work for such a fragile company? Apparently they're like "one minor bug lasting for half a year and affecting a handful of people three times" away from going out of business! I hope you have a backup plan. 

Or it's possible that the people running your company have some perspective about priorities that you seem to lack. What do you think this bug is analogous to at your company, blowing off orders and just not shipping a million dollar delivery to a client when you said you would? I'm sure you're great at what you do, I just strongly doubt that it involves drawing accurate parallels between disparate circumstances. 

Your missing the point.  This isn’t one bug.  This is the same bug since August that was reported.   This is the same bug that was reported in November.  This bug is now in Slice 1 and 2 in Door 1 in all SL.  S3 will start in 1 hour.  Let’s see what happens. 

Oh.  How about the Banner bug and lack of communication when we asked before he was the 5* to make sure Hulk was boosted. 

How about the Wave issues with no Fix yet. 

How about 5* BP TU not working correctly.  

This is what I am talkng about.  The constant lack on communication, effort, foresight, passion for the game the use players have.  
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Those are several different bugs, but you were "Beyond pissed" at just the Door 1 bug recurring three times. That's where perspective from life can help. 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    madoctor said:
    Those missing 1400 points mean you absolutely can't compete for placement. And impossible to catch up via tapping.

And apparently other slices also have the same issue this run. Which makes that one third of the players will be affected by this. Is that still minute? @broll
    I think it is a safe bet that anyone who is fighting for top placement at a high level is already aware of this situation and actively avoids this, for that specific reason.
    August 2017 run I wasn't on the forum much, Got blindsided with the bug, and missed out on t10. Second run I was on the forums, but it was too late before the first reports came on that the bug had recurred. I usually join slice 1 early flips so sometimes the reports come after I join

This time I learnt my lesson and will skip door 1 till last, irrespective of whether they had fixed the bug or not.

But you're thinking of only higher CLs (7/8/9) . There's players in n lower CLs being affected too. Those players who are in 3* transition like we all once were.
     For them even one cover difference is huge IMO.
  • The rockett
    halirin said:
    Those are several different bugs, but you were "Beyond pissed" at just the Door 1 bug recurring three times. That's where perspective from life can help. 
    Maybe I should have used a different word.  The fact remains that I personally have all the screen shots from the November event, each Sub, each overall Lb and the ending LB. I would have been 1st overall but only got 10th.  I am still waiting on CS for these rewards i missed out on, 2 months later.   They run the same event with the same bug knowing that it could/would happen again. 
  • Spudgutter
    madoctor said:
    madoctor said:
    Those missing 1400 points mean you absolutely can't compete for placement. And impossible to catch up via tapping.

And apparently other slices also have the same issue this run. Which makes that one third of the players will be affected by this. Is that still minute? @broll
    I think it is a safe bet that anyone who is fighting for top placement at a high level is already aware of this situation and actively avoids this, for that specific reason.
    August 2017 run I wasn't on the forum much, Got blindsided with the bug, and missed out on t10. Second run I was on the forums, but it was too late before the first reports came on that the bug had recurred. I usually join slice 1 early flips so sometimes the reports come after I join

This time I learnt my lesson and will skip door 1 till last, irrespective of whether they had fixed the bug or not.

But you're thinking of only higher CLs (7/8/9) . There's players in n lower CLs being affected too. Those players who are in 3* transition like we all once were.
    My statement was in regards to this running of the event. here you are, aware of the circumstances.

Anecdotal evidence aside, august was the first occurrence of the bug, so that one caught everyone by surprise.  Just like buying roster slots a week before the roster slot sale, you are at the whims of the rng gods at basically every other step in this game

also, if you are looking at bracket flips, then you are still in communication with someone outside the game's normal avenues.  And if you waited for a flip, then surely they knew by then?  Maybe you are mis-remembering?    Either way, just like with high level pvp, if you want to place well, consistently, it is on you to make sure you are checking the forums.  especially at lower CL's where you may not have all of the 2*, 3* and 4* for essentials, so planning on who to roster and who to keep is crucial.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments civil and on-topic, and do not attack or insult other players. Thank you!
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    This thread could be subtitled: People getting upsetednessed at other people's being upset!
    1)Is this just a case of the status quo fear-lashing at the rabble rousers who question THE WAY IT IS.
    2)Is it frustration at new forum content feeling like new game content.
    3)Could it be that a platform free of cheats,exploits, and lazy execution is a worthy goal and should be lauded? 
    YES!
    1)snark attack! people being snarky about the snarky. y u complain bro? doesn't affect me so i'm going to go out of my way to point out how few people it does. layers of hypocrisy like tiramisu. mmmmm....tiramisu.....
    2)Sometimes reading through the top pages feels like a venom bomb grind w/o the featured 4*. more collation and Resurrection please.
    3)keep up the watch beta-test Bill ThaRockett! and if they ask why so salty bro?:

• 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Is Stranger Sights PVE, which is Door 1??
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    0_efx_0 said:
    Is Stranger Sights PVE, which is Door 1??
    yes. the door on the left.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    madoctor said:
    madoctor said:

My statement was in regards to this running of the event. here you are, aware of the circumstances.

Anecdotal evidence aside, august was the first occurrence of the bug, so that one caught everyone by surprise.  Just like buying roster slots a week before the roster slot sale, you are at the whims of the rng gods at basically every other step in this game

also, if you are looking at bracket flips, then you are still in communication with someone outside the game's normal avenues.  And if you waited for a flip, then surely they knew by then?  Maybe you are mis-remembering?    Either way, just like with high level pvp, if you want to place well, consistently, it is on you to make sure you are checking the forums.  especially at lower CL's where you may not have all of the 2*, 3* and 4* for essentials, so planning on who to roster and who to keep is crucial.
    I specifically mentioned "I started door 1 before first reports came in". Ever heard of prejoins?

And one needs to be on the forums to place well? HAHAHAHAHA.

Keep ignoring what I said...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think global warming is a major problem.  I want to help.  I'll pollute as much as possible and encourage all my friends and family to pollute as much as possible so the government will finally take notice.  

That's not helping...  
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I do 7 clears of each sub, I finish top 10 without fail. When that stops being the case, then tapping is a problem. 
  • Spudgutter
    madoctor said:
    madoctor said:
    madoctor said:

I specifically mentioned "I started door 1 before first reports came in". Ever heard of prejoins?

And one needs to be on the forums to place well? HAHAHAHAHA.

Keep ignoring what I said...
    Meanwhile, ignore what i said.  Because here you are, on the forum, saying you are avoiding it.  That's exactly what i said people would probably do!

As for placing well, yes, i still think that being informed helps with placement, especially in terms of growing players who are not already on the forums and well established and 1000 days into playing.

BoyWonder1914 said:
    This has long since gotten toxic, and there was never really any need for it to go there in the first place. You all seem to have forgotten that Rockett started these topics to HELP, because tapping was an inevitability whether you want to admit it or not. People have always tapped, and it seriously predates any of Rockett's previous threads on this matter. Whether it was someone who started their grind to early and just wanted to maximize their points, finished their grind too early and are just killing time until the next sub starts/pushing for t10 placement, or just plain have nothing better to do, tapping has always been there. Admittedly not as pronounced as it has been lately, but once again this was still way before Rockett started doing threads on it. I also feel confident in my assertion that not all of these early tappers were forum goers. In either case, Rockett set these threads up as a means to support those who wanted to do something about it, since the Devs don't seem too keen on handling the issue. Since people were going to tap anyway to either try and get a leg up, or simply keep up with those who may oust them from top rankings with tapping, you can't put this issue on Rockett and his threads. 

What baffles me even more, is this nonsense of him calling attention to the Door 1/Slice 1/Sub 1 bug, and people feeling the need to argue him down that it's not a serious issue. Since when is players being screwed over in ANY KIND of way not a big deal? Whether it affects you personally or not because you read the forums and know better, it affects SOMEONE, which should be enough of a prerequisite to deserve attention. Arguing the magnitude of how serious the issue is serves literally no purpose here. Trading assumptions over just how many people this affects also serves no purpose whatsoever when no one has any actual data. Sad that something that was supposed to be about sharing advice has devolved into this. 

There are two separate issues here.  Should the door bug be mentioned, addressed and resolved? Totally. But arguing the severity on the forum is really one of the reasons it exists, dont you think?

As for the tapping, how many people does it impact?  Less than 150?  That seems a fair number. In that case, does it warrant a thread EVERY pve?  What if someone created a thread before every pvp asking for wins based to come back, would you defend those threads as well?  What about if i created a thread asking for vaulting to come back everytime i noticed a new vault in the game?  I'm not saying those threads shouldn't exist, btw, I'm just saying that whomever creates them better be prepared to debate the validity of whatever they claim.  Just like i feel they should be allowed to post, i feel we should be allowed to post our disagreement. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    OJSP said:
    When I do 7 clears of each sub, I finish top 10 without fail. When that stops being the case, then tapping is a problem. 
    What CL are you playing at? Do you prejoin brackets or join later ones? Do you share brackets with tappers? Perhaps you simply haven’t joined one where at least 10 had to tap to maintain t10 (like my last Unstable Iso-8 bracket). It was quite amusing to finish the 4 clears 8th and dropping down to 15th for the sub despite playing optimally. I finished almost 100 pts behind 10th.
    I'm in CL7 and I join 5 hours or so after the event starts. If people want to avoid anyone tapping, simply do the same. Tappers clearly aren't a problem outside of the first 1000 players in each CL, so that would suggest they aren't that big of a problem. Most  of the higher CL's flip at least 4 or 5 times during an event. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    It impacts much more than 150 people.  If I follow nick plan and drop to cl7, I cost my ally optimal points by not starting at pre-join and dropping CL which is less points overall.  It may affect 150 people individually who compete for top placements in a given bracket, but the net effect is much broader reaching.