KRAKADOOM! MAY 09-11

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I think they made a mistake in this tournament making it a requirement that every single team be Ragnarok plus 2* Thor/OBW. The team variety made The Hunt look like The Simulator.

I'm going to be seriously restricting my shield buying for a while. Not getting top ten isn't worth spending more than 75 on shields, and I'm not getting top ten ever again if PVP continues like this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    but I saw Twysta was close to 1100 so I retreated to him instead icon_razz.gif

Twysta - were you shooting for 1100? Hope the extra points help for something icon_e_smile.gif

He really just wanted to beat that bully Nemek icon_twisted.gif

Congrats to Compromized for winning our bracket!

totally a bully, i unshielded for 3 matches (maybe 10mins?), Nemek hit me three times. thankfully, i am shielded for the last one. icon_evil.gif

Yeah sorry about that. I kept on being surprised you were still out there, only person who was over 1100 that I could find.

got a bad cascade and the game got dragged out, was trying to push over 1200 before shielding, but had to stop at 1180. no worries, i would do the same if i were you hahaha
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think they made a mistake in this tournament making it a requirement that every single team be Ragnarok plus 2* Thor/OBW. The team variety made The Hunt look like The Simulator.

I'm going to be seriously restricting my shield buying for a while. Not getting top ten isn't worth spending more than 75 on shields, and I'm not getting top ten ever again if PVP continues like this.

I wish that was the team I was fighting lol. More like...thor+rag+hulk/mag/patch/hood. So..much..hp.

I seriously don't understand though. Once you shield at 1000+(you really shouldn't shield before 1k anymore..maybe 900 depending) its not hard to get higher (unless you are running a thobw team too maybe) You just shield hop a few times. Heck, pretty easy to stay under 300, and you can even stay @ 150 if you really tried with some luck.. That means you likely GAINED hp in the event and come home with the ranking and 1300+ points! I just need a little time to have my second competitor for the Rocktogon in the Octogon set up. My team is 5/4/4 xforce, 4/4/5 iw, 4/3/5 Bagman (moving it from 3-4 raises the ap cost..not worth it...scrub cornerman move) vs the challengers: 2/1/2 xforce, 1/0/0 iw, and 1/0/0 bagman. They still have some work to do to be fight ready but I'll get em there.

The Bagnanimous Team Bagforce vs. Marvel 52 Bagforce! GUARANTEED to not be a 9 Turn knockout! More strike tiles than your dakan will know what to do with. A Loki team's unsatisfying wet dream! Get your PPV right here! Only 59 hp and 99 iso!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I wish that was the team I was fighting lol. More like...thor+rag+hulk/mag/patch/hood. So..much..hp.

I seriously don't understand though. Once you shield at 1000+(you really shouldn't shield before 1k anymore..maybe 900 depending) its not hard to get higher (unless you are running a thobw team too maybe) You just shield hop a few times. Heck, pretty easy to stay under 300, and you can even stay @ 150 if you really tried with some luck.. That means you likely GAINED hp in the event and come home with the ranking and 1300+ points!
    Good luck shield hopping your way from 1000 to 1300 with 300 HP if you're from Europe. You need at least 150 for an 8hr shield if you plan to sleep at all, which leaves two 3 hour shields. 150 points per shield hop ain't happening.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    ....and now I've read the rest of the thread....

That got a little weird...
    And just a tiny bit flattering too, no?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was pretty fun watching Bugpop rollercoaster up and down every time he unshielded at the end.

Fun event though. My maxed Rag was a fun green tile generater for my LT.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I totally lucked out at the end and was able to make a run from 890-1074 in the last 15 minutes without one retaliation or attack. Everytime I came out of a battle, I braced myself for the 'big hit', but it never came.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Everytime these events start i'm like, "I'm not going to put any iso on X" then hours later I'm dropping every last resource on X just to be more competitive. Now we have a Loki event, I will not level him at all, this time I mean it!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I totally lucked out at the end and was able to make a run from 890-1074 in the last 15 minutes without one retaliation or attack. Everytime I came out of a battle, I braced myself for the 'big hit', but it never came.

How do you even whittle down that much Hit Points from a half dozen LThor/Rags teams in 15 minutes? icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I was shielded #4 with 955 7 hours before the end. Just before I leave I dropped to #6 and this morning I saw I ended #11, only 5 points short for top 10. At least the alliance did well and got me the last purple I needed. PvP is less fun lately. Needing 1000+ for top 10 and 300+ on shields (150 for the last 8h since I live in Europe and one/two 3h to get there) is probably not worth it.

Someone can gain 100HP from each pvp from personal and alliance ranking(50+50) by placing top 100/2500. Getting to 900 and then letting go costs you nothing and gives you 50 HP. This is a gain of 150HP without the frustration I have experienced in the last pvp tournaments. With some extra HP from pve subs, someone would need to play 2 weeks casually in order to level a 3* ability with HP. Since 1 out of three pvp end afternoon for Europe, trying a bit more in these could give you one more cover from top 50. Too bad all pve end in the middle of the night for us. Thanks for that devs. This is how I will play this summer. Enjoying the beach and forgetting (almost) all about MPQ.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    How do you even whittle down that much Hit Points from a half dozen LThor/Rags teams in 15 minutes? icon_lol.gif

I AP boosted and lined up a bunch of Patch/OBW and Punisher/OBW teams.

Used Hood to soft-counter OBW and let LT/Rags wear them out (on Desert level).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Narkon wrote:

Someone can gain 100HP from each pvp from personal and alliance ranking(50+50) by placing top 100/2500. Getting to 900 and then letting go costs you nothing and gives you 50 HP. This is a gain of 150HP without the frustration I have experienced in the last pvp tournaments. With some extra HP from pve subs, someone would need to play 2 weeks casually in order to level a 3* ability with HP. Since 1 out of three pvp end afternoon for Europe, trying a bit more in these could give you one more cover from top 50. Too bad all pve end in the middle of the night for us. Thanks for that devs. This is how I will play this summer. Enjoying the beach and forgetting (almost) all about MPQ.

Ugh, please tell me your secret of staying in top 100 without shielding? If I don't shield that last stretch before going to bed I always drop down to 500-600. icon_e_sad.gif That's often not enough to make top 100 any more, at least not in the brackets I've been in. I didn't even make the top 150 cut for 25 HP with 512 in this one. Only got the 50 alliance HP and that was so not worth the effort I put in.
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    Everytime these events start i'm like, "I'm not going to put any iso on X" then hours later I'm dropping every last resource on X just to be more competitive. Now we have a Loki event, I will not level him at all, this time I mean it!

LOL, I definitely maxed Falcon to soft-cap, leveled up Doom and now Rags to 70-ish (messed up the latter really as Rags took over purple from Patch due to buff to the same 11).

But Loki survived the last event on lvl30 and stays that way. Until he has ability that is level-dependent his ISO feed is strictly cut.

In this tournament his ability is not vital at all, if it happens, cool but hardly worth a chase -- and his health is way too low in any case to matter. Rags and Doom actually provided health worth a few more turns.
  • Unknown
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    Was pretty fun watching Bugpop rollercoaster up and down every time he unshielded at the end.

Fun event though. My maxed Rag was a fun green tile generater for my LT.

I am amazed how quickly the zombies attack.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Oh, and my apologies to knock3r. Had you in a node with the highest points. You were in 5th, me in 7th. Did the match, won, then I was in 5th and you in 10th with 5 minutes left.

Yea, trust me I noticed. icon_evil.gif I managed to get back to #6, and could have taken you over with one match but A) not worth the stress for 500 ISOs and B) my butt was really falling asleep from sitting on the toilet too long, hiding from my wife.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would like to chime in on how amazed I am at how fast people find and target me after a shield break. It was crazy to have to shield at 1050 points, then start shield hopping one match at a time, one match because two matches would see me get hit 2x before I finish the fight. Crazy how fast people are finding me after a shield break.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I smell a shield mole ...

icon_cool.gif
    jozier
  • Unknown
    Options
    Carthl wrote:
    Ugh, please tell me your secret of staying in top 100 without shielding? If I don't shield that last stretch before going to bed I always drop down to 500-600. icon_e_sad.gif That's often not enough to make top 100 any more, at least not in the brackets I've been in. I didn't even make the top 150 cut for 25 HP with 512 in this one. Only got the 50 alliance HP and that was so not worth the effort I put in.

Not sure there is a secret. I stayed unshielded in 2 recent pvp (both in the last 2 weeks) and dropped to ~700 (losing ~200 points from 900+) which was enough for a top 100. Your roster definitely plays a role in scaring away some opponents and I usually go for the Punisher/Ares and featured hero combo which seems to work OK; even getting some defensive wins. I could level Hulk to use him as a scarecrow, but he brings nothing else to the table so I save the ISO for someone who will be useful on offense.

After the recent changes it is impossible for me to get to top 10 without spending 300HP on shields. And as I saw today from the results on pvp (11th), not even that can guarantee you will stay in top 10. I know I won't use some heroes even if I max them (see Loki), so why bother getting their covers? I will focus on getting HP from the pvps I don't care about and try hard only on those that interest me.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Knock3r wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Oh, and my apologies to knock3r. Had you in a node with the highest points. You were in 5th, me in 7th. Did the match, won, then I was in 5th and you in 10th with 5 minutes left.

Yea, trust me I noticed. icon_evil.gif I managed to get back to #6, and could have taken you over with one match but A) not worth the stress for 500 ISOs and B) my butt was really falling asleep from sitting on the toilet too long, hiding from my wife.

I saw that, good going, and you could have had it back. I'm guessing you must have either gotten hit by a few people around the same time. I was going for Season 1 points mainly. Hopefully I didn't interrupt your pooping session. And lol... it could be taken wrong... I mean, in the movies, someone typically hides from people because they have a knife/ax and are looking to stab and cut people. I certainly hope that's not the case with you hiding from your wife in the bathroom, lol