What is your top ten 4* list.

Options
dramatist
dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
 When I started thinking about this I realized how hard it is to pick 10. In my opinion there are more than 10 4*s that are essential. My list is only from my 47 champions so no Rogue or other new characters that I don’t have champed. 

1. Carol
2. Vulture 
3. Medusa 
4. Cloak & Dagger 
5. Rocket and Groot
6. Peggy
7. Riri
8. Jean Grey 
9. Iceman
10. Punisher 

It was hard to leave off Blade, Nova, Red Hulk, Coulson and Gamora. 

What’s your top ten?

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'd say Blade should be on instead of Teen Grey. And Red Hulk over R4G.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1.  Vulture
    2.  Cloak & Dagger
    3.  Captain Marvel
    4.  Blade
    5.  Riri
    6.  Rocket & Groot
    7.  Rogue
    8.  Moon Knight
    9.  Iceman
    10.  Jean Grey

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Captain Marvel
    2. Vulture
    3. Iceman
    4. Peggy Carter
    5. Medusa
    6. Rocket & Groot
    7. Red Hulk
    8. Rogue
    9. Blade
    10. Cloak & Dagger
    HM: Riri
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. Carol
    2. Medusa
    3. Vulture
    4. Gamora
    5. Blade
    6. Rogue
    7. Coulson
    8. C & D
    9. Teen Jean
    10. Riri
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Asmodaeus said:
    1. Carol
    2. Medusa
    3. Vulture
    4. Gamora
    5. Blade
    6. Rogue
    7. Coulson
    8. C & D
    9. Teen Jean
    10. Riri
    No Peggy or Iceman in the top 5? No Rulk in the top 10? Gamora over Grocket?

interesting choices indeed. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 Captain Marvel
    2 Vulture
    3 Peggy
    4 Iceman
    5 Cyclops
    6 Blade
    7 Rogue
    8 Mockingbird
    9 Starlord
    10 Cloak and Dagger

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Top 10 lists with no Peggy?  What?!?! :)

1. Peggy
    2. Vulture
    3. Carol
    4. R&G
    5. Medusa
    6. Blade
    7. Teen Jean
    8. Gamora
    9. Moon Knight
    10. Invisible Woman

I know IW isn’t a popular choice, but she can be very useful on the 5* essential node.  I also haven’t really played with Rogue enough to know where to put her.

I am surprised C&D is so high on many lists.  I use her sometimes to feed Vulture’s black, but not enough to make top 10.  For those of you that rank them so high, who do you pair them with?

• broll
    Options
    I honestly think Peggy is over-rated.  I put her in top 15, but without bringing boosts or someone to generate AP her moves cost too much.  Also despite how many people put her in top 5 I haven't seen her regularly in PvP in ages which to me speaks volumes to her effectiveness.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    I honestly think Peggy is over-rated.  I put her in top 15, but without bringing boosts or someone to generate AP her moves cost too much.  Also despite how many people put her in top 5 I haven't seen her regularly in PvP in ages which to me speaks volumes to her effectiveness.
    She's not the meta, but a lot of the meta isn't in most peoples top 10. Also happens that the Grocket meta is built to neutralize her. She is kind of a 1 trick pony unboosted, but she also has one of the best stuns + damage as well as a decent nuke. She's still top tier in my mind.
    I think Medusa is overrated, tho I probably still have her 11th just outside my top 10.
  • Daredevil217
    edited December 2017
    Options
    broll said:
    With the exception of batteries, and medusa against tile spam, I only play boosted characters in PVP. That’s also all I see in PVP. I used to play Grockmora to try and one shot gambattery but with him gutted there’s no need. 
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Pants1000 said:

I am surprised C&D is so high on many lists.  I use her sometimes to feed Vulture’s black, but not enough to make top 10.  For those of you that rank them so high, who do you pair them with?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66788/team-advice-for-cloak-dagger-needed#latest
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I play mostly PvE and Cloak and Dagger is the one constant on my teams this week. C&D, Vulture and Blade for the non essential nodes. Take out Blade for the essentials swap Vulture for Carol on the 5* essential. 

I love C&D
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Asmodaeus said:
    1. Carol
    2. Medusa
    3. Vulture
    4. Gamora
    5. Blade
    6. Rogue
    7. Coulson
    8. C & D
    9. Teen Jean
    10. Riri
    No Peggy or Iceman in the top 5? No Rulk in the top 10? Gamora over Grocket?

interesting choices indeed. 
    I wanted to stick with the 4s I have champed, and I don't have iceman or peggy there yet. But definitely g4mora over r4g, her stun is cheap and plentiful and her black can passively take down giants. Also, aside fromr4gs yellow I find them underwhelming (hisgreen could hurt your team too and the blue repeater is easily matched away). And Rulks cool but lacks versatility imo, although he does his one thing very, very well (get green...smash!)
  • broll
    Options
    Straycat said:
    broll said:
    She's not the meta, but a lot of the meta isn't in most peoples top 10. Also happens that the Grocket meta is built to neutralize her. She is kind of a 1 trick pony unboosted, but she also has one of the best stuns + damage as well as a decent nuke. She's still top tier in my mind.
    I think Medusa is overrated, tho I probably still have her 11th just outside my top 10.
    Her stun is strong, if/when you can build up the 12 AP for it...  The nuke is strong, if you can protect the tiles for 3 turns.  

I'm in general not a fan of many characters with very high AP moves (unless they are self feeding like hobofist or Vulture) and even less about high damage move reliant on countdown tiles.  I'd much rather bring Gamora that stuns both (but not for as long but half AP) and give immediate special tiles vs delayed high damage.  Some of this is just personal preference.  Even when Peggy's boosted I usually have at least 1 or 2 other boosted 4*s or non-boosted 5*s that I feel are better options.

I agree that Medusa is also over-rated a little, but I still consider her top 5.  She's even more one trick than Peggy, but I think her one trick is way stronger/faster/more reliable (assuming that either your team or the opponent team is spamming special tiles, which is totally the current meta).
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    Straycat said:
    broll said:
    Her stun is strong, if/when you can build up the 12 AP for it...  The nuke is strong, if you can protect the tiles for 3 turns.  

I often use Peggy with Vulture to feed blue, and almost always wait to fire her blue until I can take out the weakest character on the same turn.  That way there’s no need to protect the CD’s.  

My Peggy is also my highest 4 by far though, so I’m a little biased.  
  • broll
    Options
    Pants1000 said:
    broll said:
    Straycat said:
    broll said:

I often use Peggy with Vulture to feed blue, and almost always wait to fire her blue until I can take out the weakest character on the same turn.  That way there’s no need to protect the CD’s.  

My Peggy is also my highest 4 by far though, so I’m a little biased.  
    My favorite team right now is 5* DD, Vulture, and Gamora.  Same principle but can fire stuns WAY more often.  Pretty much stun lock the whole team by round 3 if you choose.  I've tried other variations with other blue stunners (Iceman, Thoress, Peggy) and even while boosted Peggy preformed worst on this team.  Thoress was also boosted at that time and she proved to be a better option. 5* DDs power and extra damage on stuns I was killing the whole team before a 3 turn countdown tile would even fire, making spending 12 AP for it when there are other multi/long stunners for cheaper seem silly.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Top 5:

Carol, Peggy, Rogue, Medusa, Iceman.

Bottom 5:

Blade, Gamora, RnG, Cyke, MaxPun.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    ^^^

No Vulture?

My power rankings are constantly shifting, and I realized that Punisher keeps dropping on my list. He’s very slow. His best battery is Vulture but they compete for three colors with the biggest problem being both need black. He’s also a heath pack suck which hurts his playability for me, because I refuse to spend on healthpacks. His damage potential is unmatched but most of it is overkill at the 4* level if you can get enough AP to get him rolling. Last time he was boosted I ended up using Fury over him which was telling. While I wouldn’t rank Fury over him there are a lot of characters I’d rather play than Frank. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forgot to add my top ten:

1) Carol Danvers
    2) Vulture
    3) Peggy Carter
    4) Iceman
    5) Rogue
    6) Blade
    7) Riri Williams
    8) Medusa
    9) Red Hulk
    10) Punisher Max
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best 4* characters in no particular order

Carol 
    Medusa
    Gamora
    Peggy
    Iceman
    Teen Jean
    Wasp
    Rogue
    Mockingbird
    Vulture

Why no Grocket? Because he’s only really good on one type of team, and that team has to have a GotG character on it. Otherwise, do you really use him?

Why no Blade? Entirely dependent on Red and unlike Cyclops or Riri, he has no way to get it by himself, almost forcing him to have an accelerator on a team with him.

why no Riri? If there was a top 12, she’d be there. 
    Why no C&D? I like them a lot. I think I could fit them in a top 12.
    Why no Punisher? He’s one of the best finishers in the game after one character is downed. But without a character going down, he’s more or less a meat shield. 

Underrated - Elektra, Nightcrawler, Drax, Nova, Quake, Invisible Woman
    Overrated - Blade, Kate Bishop, IMHB, Coulson, Grocket