What is your top ten 4* list.

Options

Comments

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I might have to rethink Gamora after using her more boosted the last couple of days. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Top 10 lists. Nothing screams end of the year more :)
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    I have been really enjoying using Nico lately.  Especially when you pair her with someone who drops a lot of tiles, like Carnage.
  • dramatist
    Options
    I like that on the first page twenty different 4*s have been listed in people’s top 10. Moon Knight is my most recent champ. I’m looking forward to trying him out soon. I’ve always appreciated Invisible Woman since her rework. I’m glad she got some love. I also need to think on some older 4*s with good greens or blues to work with Vulture. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Based on my roster and usefullness:

1. Rocket & Groot combined with Gamora
    2. Gamora combined with Rocket & Groot
    3. Medusa
    4. Carol Denvers
    5. Vulture
    6. Cloak & Dagger
    7. Riri Williams
    8. Iron Fist
    9. Coulson
    10. Blade

Notice that i only got 14 4* champs and this list is based on personal usefullness.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dramatist said:
    I like that on the first page twenty different 4*s have been listed in people’s top 10. Moon Knight is my most recent champ. I’m looking forward to trying him out soon. I’ve always appreciated Invisible Woman since her rework. I’m glad she got some love. I also need to think on some older 4*s with good greens or blues to work with Vulture. 
    Moon Knight is a beast boosted and is one of the better 4* in the game in my opinion. I’ve been trying out different teams in sim (I hit 1900 without using Grockmordusa once- would have been 2000 but I’m holding off on the unusable Nico cover). One team I really liked was MK, Coulson, Cyclops. Full rainbow, big nukes in Green/Red, baby nukes in Black/Blue, Accelration in Yellow/Purple and there’s Moon Knight and Coulson’s crazy passives. No stun or AOE but just accelerated big damage hits. Plays well against non Grocket teams.

Against Grocket it’s been X-23 (one of my favorites)/Medusa/Deadpool. X-23 takes the strike damage, Deadpool murders with his Countdowns. X-23 heals back up by tanking. 

To answer your question about the best classic Blue/Green user to pair with Vulture. It’s Iceman. And I’d argue it’s not even close. He’s been left off a lot of top 10s but I imagine it’s because people don’t have him Champed.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1) Medusa
    2) Gamora
    3) Rocket and Groot
    4) .......Medusa/Gamora/Rocket And Groot 
    5) MedusMoraRoanGro
    6) MeMoraGro
    7) mdhsnjensjjns
    8) Mmmmmmmm
    9) mehghsbehns
    10) Bagman Spidey 
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    1 America Chavez (Due to a champed 5*)
    2 Carol
    3 Vulture
    4 Peggy 
    5 C&D
    6 Gamora/Iceman (need a stunner/depends whos boosted)
    7 Riri
    8 medusa
    9 team composition (rocket and Gamora; luke and bumfist; Carol/wasp/coulson)
    10 anyone boosted 

ever since champing Gambit i just run America and Riri. Turn 2 or 3 crits and tons of charged reds for A's & 8's
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I primarily play PVE but I do play PVP as well, depending on time constraints. I don't have any champed 5* yet.
    I would go with the following:

1. Vulture - all the AP gen, strong AOE, blue destroys enemy tiles/CDs with good damage, usually avoids opponent AOE. In SCL9 PVE there have been numerous 5* required nodes that I could only beat because of him.
    2. Iceman - stun, nuke, AOE, he can hurt you in so many ways. Add Vulture and he is devastating
    3. Carol - 3 great powers, annoying to play against in PVP
    4. Medusa - passive/attack damage that goes great with strikes, conserves health packs, and don't sleep on the AP gen
    5. Rogue - a damage sponge and her AP denial/acceleration can win you the match
    6. Peggy - although there are ways for opponents to handle her yellow, it's still very useful (especially in PVE). Blue and red are both good powers (and excellent when boosted)
    7. Riri Williams - Blue is a great way to fuel her hard-hitting red; green can get you out of a pickle; she can use almost all of the AP provided by IM40
    8. Jean Grey - Purple's CD destruction is a standout for PVE. Her passive can still pummel certain opponents
    9. Cloak and Dagger - True healing, immediate black gen is so useful (e.g. for Vulture/Carol) and you can do good damage with the 3AP purple
    10. Blade - He is excellent for PVE with his strikes/bloodlust and true healing. Usually easy to neutralize in PVP, but can still get out of control like few others if it's a red-heavy board

R&G, Gamora, and Star-Lord are some of my most-used 4* in practice; each of them is good on their own but would not quite crack my T10. There's quite a few other characters that would also be very close to making this list. Rulk, Cyclops, Mockingbird, Coulson would all be right up there. There are still other characters that are indispensable but a little more situational.

The only character that I see ranked highly on some lists that I don't really enjoy using is Punisher MAX. Sure, he is capable of devastating damage, but he can't do it well without a fair amount of setup. I find that he causes me to use lots of health packs.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    #10 - Cyclops: Even though the game has left him behind, I still love the way he plays.
    #9 - Thoress: She's still got it, especially with IM40. I like one-woman wrecking crews.
    #8 - Rogue: She has the capability of completely derailing an opponent's entire program.
    #7 - Iceman: He'd be higher on this list if his artwork didn't creep me out.
    #6 - America Chavez: Move over Dr. Strange, there's a new King Queen of PvE.
    #5 - Carol: Plays well with almost everybody.
    #4 - Medusa: Plays even better with almost everybody.

#3 - Vulture Self-synergy, high damage output, AP generation, semi-invulnerability, and the coolest villain visually so far in the MCU - yep, the Vulture almost has it all going for him. He can be the primary focus of your team, or play a supporting role as a feeder. This guy is awesome.

#2 - Riri It's common for someone to say how strong a 4-star is when they're boosted, but no 4-star boosts better than Riri Williams. She's terrific at damage output unboosted, but Riri can decimate entire teams of foes all by her lonesome on those glorious weeks where she's on the boost list.

#1 - Peggy When I'm staring down the barrel at a difficult trio of opponents either in PvP or PvE, Peggy gets the call. Pick the opponent with the lowest health and start working them down. As soon as you can knock that opponent out with one hit, stun the other two with Peggy's blue and (often) end the match by the time her stun tiles resolve. While performing this strategy, the enemy is stalled by her yellow. Peggy's getting a little long in the tooth and the luster has faded, but she's still as effective as she ever was.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's interesting that Peggy rates so highly on these lists all the time. I never see her unless she's boosted in PVP. I have a really weak one so she's hard for me to evaluate from personal experience. I really wish there were a better path for newer players to chase older characters like this. I only have 9 champion 4*s, so I don't know how much my opinion matters though. Of the 9 champions I have, I'd say:

1. Vulture
    2. C4rol
    3. Medusa
    4. C&D
    5. Coulson
    6. G4mora
    7. 4ocket
    8. Mordo
    9. Hobofist

those last two are subject to change, and this list in general doesn't necessarily reflect how often I use any of them. Also, many characters become more than the sum of their parts when on the correct team in my experience.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peggy was everywhere until the meta changed. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    When y'all are considering characters as "the best" or even "good at all," I usually assume that's from the perspective of a heavy PVP bias? 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When y'all are considering characters as "the best" or even "good at all," I usually assume that's from the perspective of a heavy PVP bias? 
    I made my list considering both. I'm more of a PvE player.
  • dramatist
    Options
    I focus on PvE first, but as my roster grows in strength I’m finding more time for PvP. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Some characters are just so dominant against PVE goon nodes but very weak in PVP, and a character who excels in PVP might actually slow you way down in a PVE situation; so I was just curious if there was value in having it clarified which type of play people care more about when they make these lists.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1) Carol, Peggy, Rogue
    2) Vulture, Carol, Hobo
    3) RBG, Gamora, Medusa
    4) Vulture, Riri, Mockingbird
    5) Carol, Medusa, C&D
    6) Vulture, Gamora, Carol

Above are some of my favorite teams-- I have a hard time rating the characters individually in a meta rooted in team synergy.  That being said here are a few standouts:

My favorite all-around standalone character is probably Vulture-- he can power a team or single-handedly decimate an enemy team at full health when down to less than 1000 himself. 

My favorite support character is probably Medusa-- she fits in just about anywhere. 

Rogue is my favorite defensive player.  As a caveat I have only recently gotten Peggy champed so haven't played with her as much. 

I'll always have lots of love for Carol-- probably second only to Vulture as a standalone and she was my first champ so will always be near and dear to my heart.

The character I have the most fun playing is probably Mockingbird due largely to her unique passive.

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The reason Peggy isn't used a lot in PvE is because of 5*s.  In a strictly 4* meta, Peggy would be awesome.  But with 5* match damage thrown into the mix, you don't need to fire a power to knock Peggy below her health threshhold.  Grocket's strikes work the same way to limit Peggy's effectiveness.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So is she "really" number 1 then, or is she number 1 out of nostalgia? It would have been cool to see a Sakaar Arena style mode that was all 1-on-1 death matches, so we could really get to the bottom of this lol. Does America Chavez completely negate the Peggy power setback? Her power just makes your actives cost more, right? It doesn't actually affect passives or deny you AP?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So is she "really" number 1 then, or is she number 1 out of nostalgia? It would have been cool to see a Sakaar Arena style mode that was all 1-on-1 death matches, so we could really get to the bottom of this lol
    There's no way she is #1 to me.  I think Carol and Vulture are almost in their own tier.  I go back and forth on who is #1.  But it's definitely one of these two.

All of Carol's powers have dual components meaning she does SIX different things.  This is why she pairs well with almost everyone.
    1. Creates strong strikes
    2. Has one of the better single target nukes in the tier
    3. Buffs special tiles to ridiculous levels when countdowns resolve.
    4. Can resolve countdowns for 5 AP.
    5. Gathers AP when enemies match their strongest color
    6. Deals AOE damage when enemies match their strongest color.

She does everything well!

I have taken out whole teams with a low health Vulture just due to his evasiveness.  He's the best battery in the game, and said battery fuels said evasiveness.  His other two powers are great as well and his Blue actually acts as an additional battery if destroying special tiles. Of all characters in the tier he's the #1 must attack first in my opinion (even over Medusa). Because once he goes up you could very well lose the match.  This is why I've been playing him with Rogue lol.

After these two it's a toss up. I personally like Iceman better than Peggy for the quicker stuns, self-fueling, and the single target (Blue) and AOE (Green) nukes.  Peggy's best trick has been crippled in the passive/ special tile/ Grocket meta.  However there is no way she isn't top 10 still.  Boosted, she can still end your whole team with a single recharge.