Team advice for Cloak & Dagger needed

Options
I recently champed Cloak & Dagger and while I love the character, I'm struggling to compose a team that really benefits from their abilities. 

Other 4* Champs are C4rol & Bl4de. Bl4de is not a good partner due to the constant tile conversion overriding red tiles. 

Who do you team them up with?

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Carol is one of their good partner. Set C&D to 5/5/3 and spam Carol's black all day long.

Edit: More details

C&D are great black and/or yellow battery. They work well with anyone who needs those two ap colors. Even if you don't like spending black/yellow ap, leave those tiles on the board can turn c&d themselves into a decent attack tile makers or soft tanker (they heal 12% of the max health per turn with their yellow passive.) Their yellow active is not something to overlook either, in AoE mode, it deals more damage per ap than Rulk's big clap.

Edit 2: If you pair them with Carol, consider running Carol 5/3/5. Your strongest color will be either Yellow or black depending on their levels. That will be another source of ap for your team. Either for Carol's black or C&D's yellow.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Carol+Wasp+C&D 
    although the color coverage is not ideal in this team, with c&d, you don't need other colors.

black ap is usually for carol but wasp can use them to stun opponents when needed.
    yellow ap is trickier. Depends on the opponent. In most cases, Carol can use the yellow to speed up the countdown. I also use wasp's yellow for the important protect tiles since I use this team to fight 3 5* team in sim.
    Of course, the success of this team is to collect the necessary 6 blues asap. The c&d will provide the initial targets for carol's passive boosting.

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gamora/C&D/R&G is going to be a team you'll see a lot of in simulator in the coming months. It's a lethal team. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gamora/C&D/R&G is going to be a team you'll see a lot of in simulator in the coming months. It's a lethal team. 

Agreed, this team is nasty
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love them 2* Captain Marvel and 5* Black Panther. 

I'm kinda feeling them with Mordo though. Looking for a 3rd character with them. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Agreed, this team is nasty
    One of my teams for Simulator is C&D, 4* Fist and 4* Cage, but this looks more fun.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

C&D and Riri cover all of the colors available, then you can add in a 3rd as needed, I use either Carol or 3Strange depending on the enemy.

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am a little behind you I should have them championed by the end of the week but I have started messing around with them looking for a good group as well.  Right now I am leaning towards C&D/4Cage/Electra (or 4Fist or IW).  They may be better PVE groups than PVP but the first team has crazy suitability and even though they lack a huge nuke other than Cage's yellow or red they have excellent control and consistent damage.  C&D is a unique toon and is a good support character for a lot of teams, like Electra I think they are underrated.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like Cloak & Dagger with C4rol and Coulson. The only thing is they are risky if you oppose a C4rol because you can get accidental black matches to give the other team free ap (and sometimes dagamge).

C&D create black and yellow for C4rol and true heal. The cheap 3 ap purple makes a countdown for Coulson to gain ap and C4rol to buff tiles. C4rol does the damage with her black and tile buffing. Coulson provides some damage, countdown to gain ap and speeds up everyone's countdowns.

• Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    5* Jean 544 or 355, Punisher M. 553, C&D 553

C&D makes black tiles for Punisher, they also help out with their yellow AOE, Jean makes strike tiles for Punisher and they both have passives that improve strike tiles. Jean also tanks green (at higher levels blue as well) and
    feeds herself red with her purple ability, comes back to life ect..

Punisher's blue makes more strike tiles and... He's "The Punisher"

C&D also make attack tiles, and get rid of the weakness Jean has by creating enemy attack tiles.
    Their yellow gets rid of Jeans enemy tiles in case you have too many strikes before she casts her red.

(A enemy character is always downed before punisher uses his Green, which will give you a 6000 dmg AOE.
    That is not including the damage from C&D's attack tiles and Jean/Punishers strike tiles)
  • Power_Stryke
    Power_Stryke Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I use Medussa & 3* Storm with them as that is virtually an unkillable team once Storm adds her attack times & C&D keep topping her up with blacks. However, they're pretty good with 5* Wolvie as well
  • champg0951
    champg0951 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options

Here's one:

C&D, Medusa, Vulture

• robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With the addition of Vulture, C&D is by far the best partner for him. C&D provides constant black tiles for Vulture. The team: Vulture, C&D, blue user is viable and powerful even against 5* team.
    I tested several blue users and my favorite ones are Iceman, Gamora, Riri. 
    In all these teams, both Vulture and C&D are set as 5/5/3. 
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    C&D, Vulture, Any Boosted green/blue user. Respec vulture depending on which boosted hero is.

For example for Blade i was using 5/3/5 Vulture. For Peggy - 5/5/3 vulture. For Riri - also 5/5/3 Vulture (6k aoe I think better than single taget airborne)
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    robertbah said:
    With the addition of Vulture, C&D is by far the best partner for him. C&D provides constant black tiles for Vulture. The team: Vulture, C&D, blue user is viable and powerful even against 5* team.
    Try C&D at 5-4-4. Better switching potential because of that extra cover in purple. You also don't use Cloak's black so.. no harm.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    robertbah said:
    Try C&D at 5-4-4. Better switching potential because of that extra cover in purple. You also don't use Cloak's black so.. no harm.
    You know, I read that post, and I'm not convinced. Rank 5 Child of Darkness makes -significantly- stronger Attack tiles than rank 4 (~65% stronger).

Going from rank 3 to 4 in Pocket Dimension boosts the damage by 50% (although still really low), and only improves the AP reduction experience in the edge case where there are exactly 9 Black (or yellow) tiles on the board AND you have 3,4, or 5 Purple AP.

I've never really noticed being hindered by Pocket Dimension being 6 AP at an inopportune moment, and I'm sure I don't have to explain how powerful auto-damage is. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    robertbah said:
    You know, I read that post, and I'm not convinced. Rank 5 Child of Darkness makes -significantly- stronger Attack tiles than rank 4 (~65% stronger).

Going from rank 3 to 4 in Pocket Dimension boosts the damage by 50% (although still really low), and only improves the AP reduction experience in the edge case where there are exactly 9 Black (or yellow) tiles on the board AND you have 3,4, or 5 Purple AP.

I've never really noticed being hindered by Pocket Dimension being 6 AP at an inopportune moment, and I'm sure I don't have to explain how powerful auto-damage is. 
    Well, of course, everyone boosts what's important for them. But I feel that C&D are made to be swapped very often, and having that 3 AP all the time (vs 6 AP) is a key move for me. Attack tiles are nice, and if you play C&D solely for them, sure 5 covers in black are needed. But if you want to play as a black & yellow battery, I think that purple cost becomes more important. 

I played her with R&G and Gamora, or with C4rol and somebody else. And once you rely on the strike tiles, the actual number of the attack tile doesn't matter that much. It just matters that you have that attack out to double damage a turn. 

Also, while boosted, with the mentioned build it was pretty easy (and worth it) to switch to Cloak active side, gather yellow, switch back to Dagger and hit the AoE for match end. While unboosted, maybe that AoE wouldn't be so tempting, even though that skill could be a very good counter to Medusa or other tile spammers. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Well, of course, everyone boosts what's important for them. But I feel that C&D are made to be swapped very often, and having that 3 AP all the time (vs 6 AP) is a key move for me. Attack tiles are nice, and if you play C&D solely for them, sure 5 covers in black are needed. But if you want to play as a black & yellow battery, I think that purple cost becomes more important. 

I played her with R&G and Gamora, or with C4rol and somebody else. And once you rely on the strike tiles, the actual number of the attack tile doesn't matter that much. It just matters that you have that attack out to double damage a turn. 

Also, while boosted, with the mentioned build it was pretty easy (and worth it) to switch to Cloak active side, gather yellow, switch back to Dagger and hit the AoE for match end. While unboosted, maybe that AoE wouldn't be so tempting, even though that skill could be a very good counter to Medusa or other tile spammers. 
    Sure, I can see that.

Boy, it's almost refreshing to have a character where the correct build boils down to personal preference. :)
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    A very simple one will be boosted purple now in pve with sw. The third is flexible, im using coulsen but any mix of strike tiler, px etc will do. 4400 for 3ap is too broken.