Black Widow (Original) weekend!

Options

Comments

• Ugh... Really want to get at least one of those top Widow covers, but I can't even peak 1000 again without being knocked down. I think I might be out until the final push as well...
  • Managed to peak at 1002 right now, and will get some more points later this evening but have the big disadvantage of living in EU so won't get any of the good stuff icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I was very pleased to be able to top out at just over 1100 points for the tournament, nabbing me a Pistol Grey suit. I'm shooting for hopefully getting in the top 2, if not the top 10 tonight so I can get my first Sniper card for Grey Widow. I do think it is lame that EU gets pretty **** with when the tournaments end, i think a few should end around 7pm EST so it can end there at 12-1am. It's not completely ideal for them, but it would be a lot better vs. 5-6am.

Edit: Im so silly. I meant the new Widow. I doubt ill be able to reach high enough on the Heroic tournament to gnab a Sniper Rifle though. =/
  • Nice job, Link.i was happy to get the purple at 600, but don't want another red, and the green is way out of reach.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Nice job, Link.i was happy to get the purple at 600, but don't want another red, and the green is way out of reach.
    Yeah, I was thinking about trying for the green, but i made a couple mistakes against some C storms and used too many health packs, so ill only have enough for the end rush.
    I think is hilariously absurd how quickly you can lose points when you're on top though. It's been ten minutes and I've already lost 170 points.
  • Gotta love the last day of MPQ tournaments.

1470142_1394734004101088_809065887_n.jpg
  • Welp, went from being #1 with 950 to 800 in the last 10minutes of the tourney..... this is just frustrating...
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ladder attacked me 3 times in the last 10 mins icon_e_sad.gif

Please give us another Lightning Rounds. I need to tank my matchmaking score. I want Spidey badly and have no usable 3-stars.

I don't understand why a 3-star tourney rewards with 3-stars. IMO you have to allow people to move up, i.e. 1-star rewards 2-stars, 2-star rewards 3-star, etc. The people with the best chance of winning are those with max level Spidey already.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anyone gotten their reward yet from the Widow tournament?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welp, went from being #1 with 950 to 800 in the last 10minutes of the tourney..... this is just frustrating...

Yeah, it feels like it's mostly a luck game once the feeding frenzy of the last half hour kicks in. Keep fightng while hoping you don't get more attacks than you can send out.

I wonder what it would do to tournament rankings if there was a brief cool down after being beaten before you could get attacked again. Nothing drastic, but maybe five minutes?
  • Try getting attacked by over ten different scrubs the last 3 minutes of the tournament
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shuino wrote:
    Force quit and restart.
  • Blegh. Went into my last match #1, lost 130 points when I was there, still got into top 10.

Hoping my luck is better when Heroic Juggy closes tomorrow.
  • I got beat up hardcore at the end of that one. Finished top 10 though.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sweet, snagged the 1-2 spot again. Timed all my retaliations within the last 4-5 minutes.
  • Got lucky and woke up when it was 30 minutes left and manage to fight my way back to no 1-2 icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Shuino wrote:
    Force quit and restart.
    Doesn't really help, but if it makes you feel better, go for it. icon_e_smile.gif The server takes a bit of time to process all the players. As a result, it can take up to 20 minutes to get through the entire database depending on player density.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I managed to get into the top 2 in my bracket.

I changed up my team to try and make myself less enticing of a target.

I switched from my farm team of default, 85 c.storm, 115 rag to lvl 50 g.widow, lvl 141 spiderman, 115 rag. I didn't get attacked much after that.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Placed in first on my bracket! From the uk as well! icon_e_biggrin.gif 892 was my rating I think. First time ever getting first for me. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Damn, I slipped out of the top 2 when I lost about 60 points after it had finished.
    Stayed in the top 10 though at least