Black Widow (Original) weekend!

Comments

• I'm in the same bracket with Bainee.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Yet again in a bracket with no one I readily recognize.
    1) cyrus payne - 603
    2) Darmock13 - 587
    3) Starret SA - 543

I'm wondering if #2 is supposed to be Darmok. If so, he's playing MPQ instead of being at Tanagra with Jalad. While I'm flattered, there's a beast to kill.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Yet again in a bracket with no one I readily recognize.

Sounds more like a Darmok on the ocean situation to me.
  • Do you think it is possible to get the 1300 pt Widow? It will be only one I need once I come top 50 in the heroic event.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Possible. We had 3 people get the 1300 Loki in the first 60 hours of the Weekly Tourney, and those points add up slower than the Weekend. Going to take a bit of a push though.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Possible. We had 3 people get the 1300 Loki in the first 60 hours of the Weekly Tourney, and those points add up slower than the Weekend. Going to take a bit of a push though.

I think that had a lot to do with Thor being boosted, though. I did get to 1200, but it was a challenge, even with that.
  • Well, i got to 1300 during a period where nobody could retaliate icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Well I got Locki (and to be honest my wife got him) about 6 hours before tournament ending. It looks like more people are playing so 1300 points prize will be available more often
  • Wow, 1000 is a lot harder than I thought it would be for this one. Anyone make it so far?
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Wow, 1000 is a lot harder than I thought it would be for this one. Anyone make it so far?

I just ran up to 600 for the widow cover just now. That was the main progression award I wanted. Maybe I'll try for 1000 if the scores move up sufficiently by tomorrow.

Saw your team, JdB and quickly pressed "skip". Lots of teams w/ 85/85 Thor/Storm now.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Wow, 1000 is a lot harder than I thought it would be for this one. Anyone make it so far?
    Yes. I've run out of opponents though. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Yeah i see a lot of 85/85 Thor/C.Storm .... i try to stay at around 700 points but lose like 40 every time i check back.... sadly I only have a 53/85 Thor/C.Storm icon_e_sad.gif....
  • Yeah i see a lot of 85/85 Thor/C.Storm .... i try to stay at around 700 points but lose like 40 every time i check back.... sadly I only have a 53/85 Thor/C.Storm icon_e_sad.gif....

More with cstorm and thor is good, they make good farm targets icon_e_smile.gif

I am more concerned with high level spidey and to a lesser degree ragnarok, much more annoying to fight. Great thing about cstorm is the low hp, dies very fast and invariably you have a L15 widow as the 3rd member so its just thor to worry about who while isn't buffed to 200% isn't that scary.

Actually even a high level daken/wolv/bullseye is more annoying lol
  • made a run for 1000 and currently stuck around 900 cuz i get the same opponents now and they range from 100-500. looks like i have to wait til tomorrow to make a run higher.
  • I didn't start until this morning, so I'm #1 in my bracket right now (just made 700). Doubt that will last. 1000 would be nice, but I do want to make at least 800. Running a L76 Thor/L65 C Storm with a L65 Wolv in the wings (and a L28 Widow, although she lacks green).
  • I see they've solved the issue with people going for lower tier prizes. Doubt there's anyone who hasn't gotten enough covers to cap modern black widow several times.
  • Aleatory wrote:
    Yeah i see a lot of 85/85 Thor/C.Storm .... i try to stay at around 700 points but lose like 40 every time i check back.... sadly I only have a 53/85 Thor/C.Storm icon_e_sad.gif....

I still find it laughable people are comforting themselves about seeing cstorm and Thor.

Landing yourself a high position when the tourney ends is 80% landing yourself in a bracket with no competition and 20% being able to play hard the last 20 minutes of the game. The first 2.8 days of the tourney is all about farming ISO from enemy teams with no cstorm. Just throw black widow in front by matching purples/env and you wipe them in 30 seconds flat.

Can't tell whether people are trying to pretend the abuse isn't there so that they can secretly abuse it when others can't, or if they are just comforting themselves for not being able to do the same.
  • Sooty wrote:
    Aleatory wrote:
    Yeah i see a lot of 85/85 Thor/C.Storm .... i try to stay at around 700 points but lose like 40 every time i check back.... sadly I only have a 53/85 Thor/C.Storm icon_e_sad.gif....

I still find it laughable people are comforting themselves about seeing cstorm and Thor.

Landing yourself a high position when the tourney ends is 80% landing yourself in a bracket with no competition and 20% being able to play hard the last 20 minutes of the game. The first 2.8 days of the tourney is all about farming ISO from enemy teams with no cstorm. Just throw black widow in front by matching purples/env and you wipe them in 30 seconds flat.

Can't tell whether people are trying to pretend the abuse isn't there so that they can secretly abuse it when others can't, or if they are just comforting themselves for not being able to do the same.

Or maybe as stated farming cstorm and thor decks for ISO is so laughably easy with ragnarok+wolverine that you don't actually care if people are abusing? The beauty of using wolv is that his self heal means you can generally laugh off the damage and still kill enemies in 30-60sec ... no heal packs required, unlike using cstorm when you have to constantly have characters actually take damage meaning you are going to run through heal packs much faster.

Admittedly this is using one stupidly over powered character to farm another, but that was not really the point, it was a comment that cstorm/thor is actually an easy target of choice.

So get off your moral high horse for a minute and realise that just because something is broken doesn't mean that either people are using it or dreaming of it. Clearly you are using it as justification for your own abuse as your description shows obvious use of the mechanic, and frankly you need to go and look up hypocrite.
  • Come at me bro. Just because I would love to see some abuse cases fixed doesn't mean I won't abuse them.

These are abuses that stem from game mechanics and are not exploits of the game engine. As long as people are operating within game mechanics, none of this is morally wrong. I'm not sure why you think my position has any dimension of morality associated with it.

I now see that there's a 3rd category of people who gloat about cstorm and thor who are neither clueless nor trying to hide the fact that cstorm is abusive and ubiquitous. I'm sure all the players on the forum reading your posts will be glad to take your advice and use Rag+Wolv to farm all these cstorm teams. No wonder you don't even care. Good to know.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who doesn't have all of those over-powered covers, I just put up c. storm because anecdotally it does result in fewer attacks. I don't have enough covers on her to be able to do all those tricks people are talking about effectively