Black Widow (Original) weekend!

Options

Comments

• Aleatory wrote:
    unlike using cstorm when you have to constantly have characters actually take damage meaning you are going to run through heal packs much faster.
    Taken out of context, but this does not apply for guest characters since they get auto-healed. Standard c.Storm team is c.Storm/Thor/guest. Even without guest characters, typically people rotate between multiple throwaways, not just constantly heal one.
  • Sooty wrote:
    Come at me bro. Just because I would love to see some abuse cases fixed doesn't mean I won't abuse them.

These are abuses that stem from game mechanics and are not exploits of the game engine. As long as people are operating within game mechanics, none of this is morally wrong. I'm not sure why you think my position has any dimension of morality associated with it.

I now see that there's a 3rd category of people who gloat about cstorm and thor who are neither clueless nor trying to hide the fact that cstorm is abusive and ubiquitous. I'm sure all the players on the forum reading your posts will be glad to take your advice and use Rag+Wolv to farm all these cstorm teams. No wonder you don't even care. Good to know.

I care I just don't try and take the ridiculous approach you did with your comments about people either hiding it or dreaming of it.

Go see my comments on the ragnarok character thread for what I think about how broken he is.

The one thing we will agree on is that while it is there its foolish not to use it.
  • Aleatory wrote:
    unlike using cstorm when you have to constantly have characters actually take damage meaning you are going to run through heal packs much faster.
    Taken out of context, but this does not apply for guest characters since they get auto-healed. Standard c.Storm team is c.Storm/Thor/guest. Even without guest characters, typically people rotate between multiple throwaways, not just constantly heal one.

Exactly. Although using non-guest as throwaways never seemed too abusive to me since it was so tedious to swap characters every fight.

And people have already suggested a great fix which will make these tourneys more fun as well, which is to make the guest characters much much stronger in both levels and in abilities, rather than being at base level. Sure, that means that people take less damage since now guest characters meaningfully tank, but it will also make cstorm much less prevalent.

Edit: If you care then may I suggest you don't try to downplay it? That was why I accused you of being oblivious to the abuse, or trying to hide the abuse yourself. It seems we were on the same side after all, your initial comment still puzzles me though.
  • Sooty wrote:
    Aleatory wrote:

Exactly. Although using non-guest as throwaways never seemed too abusive to me since it was so tedious to swap characters every fight.

And people have already suggested a great fix which will make these tourneys more fun as well, which is to make the guest characters much much stronger in both levels and in abilities, rather than being at base level. Sure, that means that people take less damage since now guest characters meaningfully tank, but it will also make cstorm much less prevalent.

Edit: If you care then may I suggest you don't try to downplay it? That was why I accused you of being oblivious to the abuse, or trying to hide the abuse yourself. It seems we were on the same side after all, your initial comment still puzzles me though.

The comment was a throw away line, and a factual one from my perspective. No more no less. No deeper meaning to be found in the words other than the facts that were presented, I am not on a crusade in every post to try and get cstorm/rag nerfed, I have made my one comment on what I deem to be the appropriate forum for such things icon_cool.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sooty wrote:
    Aleatory wrote:

Wait, if the guests are that low level, how do they get to the front anyway?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Sooty wrote:
    Aleatory wrote:

Wait, if the guests are that low level, how do they get to the front anyway?

Matching enviro tiles usually. Depends on the guest, sometimes it can match a colour you don't have like black or purple.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well just hit my 1000 point mark I think its time for a break from this game till tomorrow night. Getting 3k on the Heroic and 1k on the Window tournament really drained me here lol
  • Misguided wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Wow, 1000 is a lot harder than I thought it would be for this one. Anyone make it so far?

I just ran up to 600 for the widow cover just now. That was the main progression award I wanted. Maybe I'll try for 1000 if the scores move up sufficiently by tomorrow.

Saw your team, JdB and quickly pressed "skip". Lots of teams w/ 85/85 Thor/Storm now.
    Yeah, the Thor tournament plus the lightning rounds plus the Heroic Juggernaut missions gave me lots and lots of ISO.

I did finally just hit 1k. Maybe I'll make a run for 1300 (still have no green Modern Widow cover) tomorrow, maybe not. Depends on what my score is tomorrow afternoon.
  • nice getting at 1000. tournament end at 15 hours approximately. time to sprint now [for reward point, 1 hour before end for rank reward ^^]
  • Anyone make 1100? I must admit that 1000 is hard. Not manny people which give +20 points per fight. Rush for 1000 was very intense.
  • I just made a 1000, but 1100 looks out of reach - I can't find any opponents who offer any meaningful points.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah, my goal last night was 1100, but just couldn't do it without getting knocked down. Probably only got 1020ish max. I also saw very few people in the 900s while trying.

(Also lost 330 points after waking up....)
  • Will try later but it looks impossible like Nick-Fury wrote
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Well, I doubt it's impossible, but finding the right time is tough. I also don't like fighting a lot the day the tourney ends...generates a lot of aggro and having a lot of points is not a good thing.
  • Polkio wrote:
    Will try later but it looks impossible like Nick-Fury wrote
    Definitely not impossible. Working on inching towards 1400 2 points at a time. I'm seeing only 2 other 1000 point players on my matchup list though. I think everyone is playing the juggernaut tournament.
  • dmendro wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    Definitely not impossible. Working on inching towards 1400 2 points at a time. I'm seeing only 2 other 1000 point players on my matchup list though. I think everyone is playing the juggernaut tournament.
    Which is probably the opposite of what they should be doing - Widow ends today, where Juggernaut still goes through tomorrow (not to mention the apparent benefit of playing later in Juggernaut).
  • dmendro wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    What team are you running that renders you immune to attacks/retaliations?
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Which is probably the opposite of what they should be doing - Widow ends today, where Juggernaut still goes through tomorrow (not to mention the apparent benefit of playing later in Juggernaut).
    Don't need to play until the last hour or so.
  • We'll, 1400 is out of the question until they start fixing bugs. My black widow tournament continually greys out so I can't play it. The icons for opponents keep disappearing. Used to be when that happened, I could restart the app and it would fix itself, but I haven't been able play the last hour. Guess I gotta grind on the juggernaut missions to get more im40 covers.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    dmendro wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    Most people don't want the wolverine cover, so they won't play until the last hour or two for ranking.
  • yeah i got the same greyed out problem, it would fix itself every 2 minutes...it was nerve wracking since i was 1090ish and needed two more wins for 1100, which i just achieved. so its possible at 730am est icon_neutral.gif 1200 is impossible at the moment, my opponents only give me between 0-7 points now.

i twice peaked over 1000 to see that shikao hit me when i returned back to the tourney screen. twice. i retaliated the second time grumbling to myself haha.

think for this tourney, i'm done with progression rewards, its too hard trying to get the rest

edit: apologies to moochie if he's on the boards, i hit him 3 times on my push to 1100, since matchmaking can be really **** and choose only very few high value targets