R142 Release Notes (12/18/17)

124»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Echoing everyone elses comments, change the AP bar back please. Its really annoying. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the love of all that is holy......why do the developers continually change things that aren't broken?  It is idiotic to have the enemy AP bar pop up when it is their turn.  Do the developers even play this game?
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
     Not of fan of the new UI, I’m happy enough to only see the enemy AP when I press on the little arrow, not on every one of their turns, please consider removing this!
    Also the candy cane passive AP bars look stupid.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not as put off by the enemy 'Power Bar' as most (sorry, couldn't help myself).  Don't really look at it much, it turns out I'm looking at the board 99% of the time.  It is helpful to see if you are close to getting nuked, though.  I like that aspect of it.

Perhaps the easiest solution is to allow players to toggle the view?  When/if you are curious to see the enemy Power Bar, tap a button?  Otherwise it stays at the default which is your own.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once I figured out what was going on with the power bar switch, I liked it. It's kind of annoying tapping the arrow every time I want to see how much AP they have - this way, I get a quick glance every time they take a turn. It's not precise, but I can get a pretty good idea if I'm about to be nuked.
  • 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    I HATE the new UI.
    We've already had one alliance member quit playing and I may be next.
    I want my money back.
    If nothing else, make it an option we can turn off. 
  • SilentSquirrel
    SilentSquirrel Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby was the iphone x update still included? There was nothing about it in the ios release notes, and it doesn't seem different.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I dont mind the passieve stripes, as it had to be changed to provide the colors of the powers, even when at 0 ap (useful with new toon, or rarely used required). I agree it perhaps could have been done in a little more pretty fashion...

But the enemy power bars at THE moment you wanna check OWN bars is annoying as hell and has to go. Or at least be changed as suggested below:
    Perhaps the easiest solution is to allow players to toggle the view?  When/if you are curious to see the enemy Power Bar, tap a button?  Otherwise it stays at the default which is your own.

• lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Another vote to say the passive bats are ok, but the AP display switch is awful.
    Thanks
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    jgomes32 said:

She has a good punch.
    This is probably right. She even punches portals.

These, along with the Heroes for Hire store having two Captain Americas who don’t appear to be part of the Crash rotation, are making me think, “Yeah, America Chavez (Miss America) sounds about right.”
    Apperently, her powers come from The Demiurge... probably doesn’t mean anything.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    • \On mobile devices, the AP gauges for each power has been updated. The opacity on missing AP has been increased and Passive powers are now represented by alternating dark and light bars to help distinguish the power from activated powers.

@Brigby [Deleted portion]  Players use the down time of hte enemy turn to glance at what powers are fireable and what combos are possible. By flipping between the player and AI perspective. Its broken an ingrained behavior and it looks really/feels really disruptive.
    I have to agree. I would prefer this bit not remain.

But, I like the efforts being put into UI elements. It's fine if not everything is perfect -- as long as there is an opportunity for player feedback. This kind of ethic of evolution is a good thing. On the whole, I like where things are headed.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler

I actually like this change to the UI. IOS user here on an ipad mini. Perhaps screen real estate makes a difference? The ap bar is now packed with useful information without me having to tap it to see where the other team stands.

Ho hum

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve come to like the new bar. It would be nice to be able to turn if off for those that don’t but don’t totally Roll it back. 
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    STOPTHIS said:
    jgomes32 said:

She has a good punch.

Hmm, strange if it happens to be America Chavez, her comic may be cancelled come March.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I dislike the new AP bar, but it can be improved. Nobody care how much AP the goons have or use; in fact we only care about enemy AP if they're about to fire a power at us or it's related to one of our own powers (Mordo, for example).

Maybe the AP bar could show up only when an attack is imminent (not from the goons though). Or when a character's power is dependent on the enemy's AP (once it reaches a certain threshold). Also, the enemy's AP bar should not replace the player's- it should be more on the right or above it, so it doesn't get confusing.

Of course, the best thing would be if it was all optional, so we can pick and choose what features we want.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    AdamMagus said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    jgomes32 said:

She has a good punch.

Hmm, strange if it happens to be America Chavez, her comic may be cancelled come March.

More reason to release her character in MPQ. This way more people are exposed to her. Those not familiar with her might be inclined to start reading her comics. It's random if it's her but now it makes sense.

• Urcookin
    Urcookin Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    It's Billy Russo aka Jigsaw haven't had anything to go with the Punisher release.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    AdamMagus said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    jgomes32 said:

She has a good punch.

More reason to release her character in MPQ. This way more people are exposed to her. Those not familiar with her might be inclined to start reading her comics. It's random if it's her but now it makes sense.

If you're going to give her comics a shot, I'd say steer clear of her solo title. It's a train wreck. Check out Ultimates or Young Avengers instead.
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Please go back to the previous interface.  The ap bar flip is very distracting and completely unnecessary. Also the strips are silly and unnecessary too.