Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R142 build:

MPQ R142!
  • "Don’t drink the punch!" 
What's Changed:
  • The game window for iPhone X users have been updated to match the size of the phone.
  • On mobile devices, the AP gauges for each power has been updated. The opacity on missing AP has been increased and Passive powers are now represented by alternating dark and light bars to help distinguish the power from activated powers.
  • Improved the way notifications work on Android 8.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Don't drink the punch"

Well that narrows it down. Only a couple hundred other characters left to guess.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Sounds like a juggernaut variant 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

MPQ R142!
    • "Don’t drink the punch!" 
    .... Zealot? Mister Punch? Someone involving poison? I can't imagine another Venom variant. Toxin? Those all seem extremely unlikely. Could just be a character known for their punching?
  • reapermort
    reapermort Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Drinking often involves water, Punching is often done by people with bad tempers. 5star Namor confirmed. 
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    "Don't drink the punch." Sounds like someone disapproves of all this loud noise and merriment the kids these days are having with their boozy swill.

6* Aunt May confirmed.
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    The Runaways' parents are part of a cult so I'm guessing another one from their group.
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    The Runaways' parents are part of a cult so I'm guessing another one from their group.
    And considering Karolina Dean is the only one who's in the cult, I would guess a 4* Karolina Dean (Lucy in the Sky) is in the works. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

"Don't drink the punch" - Hydro-Man, obviously.

Marine Boy, less obviously.

It could be a typo, and should be "Don't pinch the drunk",   Jessica Jones, finally?

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    "Don't drink the punch" 

I'm guessing someone that drinks or drank a potion and got his powers that way, and those powers come with secondary effects also (thus the warning). 

The one that immediately comes to mind is Kraven the Hunter, but that would be a dream come true. After getting Rogue & other X-Men, I started to believe in "miracles" again. Could this be Kraven ? Or what other marvel heroes got their powers after drinking something ? 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm betting this is a "punch" superhero, and "don't drink the punch" is more about making it a reference to stereotypical Christmas parties than anything else.

But I can't think of any iconic Marvel "punches", either. We've got Iron Fist, we've got Kamala Khan, and you can have a big punch in Marvel from virtually any hero with super strength (from Spidey to Hulk), and even some without (like an Iron Man rocket-propelled punch).

Shang Chi is too versatile for a punch pun. Crusher Creel? For a boxing pun since he fought Jack Murdock in the MCU? Not sure why you'd do an MCU version of him, though.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 said:
    "Don't drink the punch" 

I'm guessing someone that drinks or drank a potion and got his powers that way, and those powers come with secondary effects also (thus the warning). 

The one that immediately comes to mind is Kraven the Hunter, but that would be a dream come true. After getting Rogue & other X-Men, I started to believe in "miracles" again. Could this be Kraven ? Or what other marvel heroes got their powers after drinking something ? 
    Yes please.  He may be a little weird in hindsight, but as a kid, he was a pretty good enemy for Spiderman. This game needs more villains!
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017

She has a good punch.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Perhaps the "punch" is an alternate name for another liquid, such as adhesive X.  And the warning against drinking it is more about leaving it alone altogether, so you don't get it all over your face......

Baron Zemo.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    jgomes32 said:

She has a good punch.
    This is probably right. She even punches portals.

• The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    jtmagee said:
    Just leaked out of d3 office...

5* Kool-Aid Man

Red/Blue/Purple

Pack a Punch - 6 AP (Red)

Thrawrt those pesky robbers!! Kool Aid Man travels back in time to deliver a punch to the enemy. Deals 8000 damage and creates a 4-turn countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, all tiles will have a 60% chance of being red, blue or purple.

Got the Kool-Aid Blues? - 8 AP (Blue)

Are you down from not having any Kool-Aid? Kool-Aid Man is here to the rescue!! Deals 300 damage for each tile on the board in the enemy’s strongest color, then turns those tiles into Red, Blue or Purple Tiles

OH YEAAHH!!! - 10 AP (Purple)

Kool-Aid Man is here to quench your thirst!! Bursts through the poorly built brick wall the enemy has built, destroying a 4 x 4 block of tiles in the middle of the board, then destroys 8 random tiles, dealing 4000 damage. Block of tiles do not gain AP but 9 random tiles gain AP for Kool-Aid Man.

(PASSIVE) If any tiles destroyed are red, blue or purple, gives allies burst of 800 health for each random tile destroyed.
    I’d whale for this 5*, well done.