S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level Maximum S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranks

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017

I wonder if the change was because of the feedback on this thread, or it was always only about PVP but communicated badly.

:edit: I could have sworn I put PVP in there, not PVE.  Ah well, miscommunication on my part.

• Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Very happy to see it's just PVE PVP! =D

edit: Duh, wanted to say it's just PVP or it's not PVE, ended up typing both for the wrong answer. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Addaran said:
    Very happy to see it's just PVE! =D
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however the Maximum Ranks currently only apply to Versus Tournaments, not Story Events. Whether that may change in the future, I'm not sure, but right now Maximum Ranks are only being applied to "PvP"
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    So if this is for PVE too and you don't have the 5* E, you cannot drop down to SL6 and still play the event to rank well.  You will be forced to play 7-9 and get a bad rank overall because you don't have the required char.  This doesn't see right.  
    Who cares?  You need to be t1 in cl6 for a 4*.  You can still most likely get the 3* in cl7
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby if changing PVE may happen in the future, I respectfully ask you to pass along the message that many of us would like an alternate solution to being locked out of lower CL. I can't speak for everyone, but I am not there to take any lower SR rosters rewards. I'm there because the time investment is right for that particular event while taking into account my life outside of the game. Maintaining a good game/life balance takes precedence over any rewards.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Beer40 said:
    Brigby if changing PVE may happen in the future, I respectfully ask you to pass along the message that many of us would like an alternate solution to being locked out of lower CL. I can't speak for everyone, but I am not there to take any lower SR rosters rewards. I'm there because the time investment is right for that particular event while taking into account my life outside of the game. Maintaining a good game/life balance takes precedence over any rewards.
    Understood. Thanks for providing your feedback! It's possible they anticipated this, and didn't release it for Story on purpose, however regardless I will be sure to relay that concern to the team.
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Brigby said:
    Addaran said:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however the Maximum Ranks currently only apply to Versus Tournaments, not Story Events. Whether that may change in the future, I'm not sure, but right now Maximum Ranks are only being applied to "PvP"
    My bad! Wanted to say it's just PVP. I've edited my post.
    Very happy with the updated news, you're not a bearer of bad news at all! =)
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Addaran said:
    Bad news!? Bad news!!!? This is great news. That change would have trap untold numbers of players in CL 7 with no real way out.
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Hmm ... this level of outr8aginess is underwhelming. I guess I will point out again that (unless this only applies to PvP (and it didn't say it did or didn't)) ...

Now you are forced to play in PvE with required 5*s whether you have them or not.
    (if you're higher than rank 68)

RNGesus hasn't smiled on you recently? Oh well. 

You're hoarding because all the perfectly good reasons to hoard? Sorry.

What's that you say? 5E nodes are only worth trivial points?

Well, even in DPvsMPQ, the shortest, cheapest event around, those two 5E nodes add up to more than 5% of points possible.

Good luck, kids!
    Yeah, this is where my mind went. I've only played down to cl6 once since 5e was introduced, but it wasn't worth playing up when I was missing the 5* character. I didn't have any boosted 4* champs and the 3e wasn't champed either. This option needs to still be available since the point of cl7+ is more effort = more rewards. If I don't have the 5e character then there's no amount of effort I can put in to possibly make it worthwhile.  
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Just to be clear, since I usually play in SCL7. I know the difference in rewards between 7 on one hand and 8/9 on the other is more CP, more HP and sometimes an extra 3* (like now in the Hunt). But does SCL6 reward you with the 4* in progression too?
  • The_A_Train
    Nope, that's cl7 and above
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Then I would say SCL7 is worth the trouble even if you dont have the 5* essential. But thats just me. I dont always have the essential 5*, but i hate to pass on a 4*. And there's not much you miss not having the essential 5* pointswise (140 points on day 3), just a Vault Token and 1 CP
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Dogface said:
    Then I would say SCL7 is worth the trouble even if you dont have the 5* essential. But thats just me. I dont always have the essential 5*, but i hate to pass on a 4*. And there's not much you miss not having the essential 5* pointswise (140 points on day 3), just a Vault Token and 1 CP
    Yeah the one time I went down to SCL6 was when I already had 5 covers in the colour of 4* that I would have received, but I could live with SCL7 being the lowest if they made that change to PVE later. Its nice to have the choice, though, I guess
  • The_A_Train
    Couldn't use the 4* at the time and it was a good time to spend less time on the game and more with family. 

This is being done because the devs are more than likely struggling to figure out how to get bigger rosters to play higher scl...piss poor implementation yet again. Incentivize players to step up by revamping the reward structure/tiers instead of forcing them to play at a certain tier based on an arbitrary number. It can't come as a surprise to d3/dm that the evolution of the game has rendered their rewards underwhelming. 
  • DrStrangelov3
    DrStrangelov3 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Great news. Glad it is just PvP with this change. 
  • Wumpushunter
    edited December 2017
    They can easily lock out characters, they do it in Deadpool Daily. Just have each CL have a specific types of characters locked out.

CL 1 and 2 only allow 1 star and 2 star characters, lock the rest out
    CL 3 and 4 only allow 1,2, and non champed 3 stars, lock the rest
    CL 5 allow 1,2,3 and the essential 4 star.
    CL 6 allow all but 5 stars
    CL 7  + all characters

If a Shield ranked level 100 cant use 5 star thanos are they really going to drop down to CL 5?

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Wonder if this is a prelude to further win-based PvP experiments?
    Interesting point....that was a very common complaint of win-based, people dropping down to lower levels for a shot at the CP. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonder if this is a prelude to further win-based PvP experiments?
    That would be the best Christmas present of all!
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

I love that people complained about people dropping below their weight class and "slumming". Now some of the same people are upset they won't be able to drop below SCL7.

Muahahahaha

• Wumpushunter
    Qubort said:

I love that people complained about people dropping below their weight class and "slumming". Now some of the same people are upset they won't be able to drop below SCL7.

Muahahahaha

i love how we complain about a stupid method to fix slumming not that they are trying to fix it.