Soul Gem Season Updates *Updated (12/13/17)

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    No, I did not like the whole battery thing... But yes, I used it.  It was a no-brainer.

That being said, I feel that this nerf to the 3* version is a bit out of hand... No pun intended.  Why not just keep as is, except add the line "Gambits teammates cannot fire red/purple powers"?

Exactly. 3* Gambit needed to be tweaked, but this isn't a tweak. 3* Gambit got outright destroyed.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I feel like they went heavy handed on the 3* due to the 005 gimmick mess.  I also think going heavier on 3* was an attempt to make it appear that they’re willing to drop hammer when needed, and would maybe soften the blow for the 5* buff.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    PiMacleod said:
    No, I did not like the whole battery thing... But yes, I used it.  It was a no-brainer.

That being said, I feel that this nerf to the 3* version is a bit out of hand... No pun intended.  Why not just keep as is, except add the line "Gambits teammates cannot fire red/purple powers"?

Exactly. 3* Gambit needed to be tweaked, but this isn't a tweak. 3* Gambit got outright destroyed.

destroyed as in "he's got 3 skills like any other character in the tier". He's still got a rather hard-hitting purple and two cheap spammable powers for other passives to take advantage of.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    And I can just forget about his 5* for now.  All I own is 1 black and 1 red.  So, now my team can't fire red or purple, and gambit only generates purple, but only has a red for me.

Maybe a better change would have been "Gambit only generates AP in colours he has active powers for.  Allies can't fire powers in colours Gambit has active abilities".
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker

Everyone here is crying about Gambit but what I really want to know is:

a) when will Daredevil enter the "Classic Token Vault"

and

b) why is Nightcrawler's Blue attack not AOE?

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaeyne said:

Everyone here is crying about Gambit but what I really want to know is:

a) when will Daredevil enter the "Classic Token Vault"

Two weeks after the Archangel Legendary Token store Closes, so on or around January 1st, possibly later if the store Closes later than Monday December 18th.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    CL9 Rewards are totally disappointing, let's see some news on 5* progression rewards from 4* to make up for it.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    *Even more updates!
    • The top 10 players (up from 5) in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 will receive a 4-Star cover
    • Ranks 2 - 5 will receive an additional 4-Star cover
    • Iso-8 Rewards have also been increased in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9
    Brigby
     Why still so stingy?  SCL9 in PvE give 4* at T50, but PvP only T10?  

PvE T50 = Top 5%
    PvP T10 = Top 2%.  

PvP should give 4* out at T25 to balance out with PvE SCL9....

I'm so beyond frustrated with how PvP continues to stagnate and/or get worse.

We need to chill on tagging Brigby.

His answer is obvious: This is the information he has been given. We would all like to know more about the decision making processes but there is seldom info to be shared here.

Your point about Top 2% PvP is a good one, I think it's because it has to do with more brackets than in PvE.
    I have a good feeling that getting 10th place in CL9 PvP may be easier than T5 has been in CL8 (in some time slices). Hopefully the Iso will also be decent.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    *Even more updates!
    • The top 10 players (up from 5) in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 will receive a 4-Star cover
    • Ranks 2 - 5 will receive an additional 4-Star cover
    • Iso-8 Rewards have also been increased in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9
    @Brigby
     Why still so stingy?  SCL9 in PvE give 4* at T50, but PvP only T10?  

PvE T50 = Top 5%
    PvP T10 = Top 2%.  

PvP should give 4* out at T25 to balance out with PvE SCL9....

I'm so beyond frustrated with how PvP continues to stagnate and/or get worse.
    T10 in SCL8 PvE get at least two 4* covers (obviously higher, #1, etc., get more) but T11-20 only get 3* covers, while T50 in SCL9 PvE get 4* covers. I can finish T20 in SCL8 if I really want to, but I don't because the reward for burning myself out just to stay in T20 versus relaxing, having fun, and getting T50 is just 500 more Iso. Obviously the 4* cover for a T50 finish in SCL9 is to reward people for moving up, but it still doesn't seem right (to me) to give two 4* covers for T10 in SCL8 but only give 3* covers for a T20 finish.
  • spirtire
    spirtire Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    3* Gambit is dead and developer is making this game sucks more and more and more and more and more and more.... stop cheating.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Anon said:
    PiMacleod said:

destroyed as in "he's got 3 skills like any other character in the tier". He's still got a rather hard-hitting purple and two cheap spammable powers for other passives to take advantage of.
    His Purple is fine. His Black however is garbage. Do you really see yourself using it?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Of course you'll use it.
    Fire black to charge tiles on the board when there are red or purple matches readily available. Or, get 7 red on hand first, then fire black to create the charged tiles you need to fire red efficiently. 
    The team damage stinks, but plan to just play it once and that will be fine (or bring team healers as mentioned Kamala, Strange, Meduasa).
    Bring another black user, with another character who makes use of the other colors.
    Easy, fast, efficient, fun. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only a few hours left until this is live.   Are we going to get the breakdown for SL9 PVP?  I know some things were mentioned, but not all the details. Like 1st place, ally rewards etc.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    When will we get Scl9 full season/event info for pvp? Because season prejoin starts pretty much in the next few hours.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    3:30 until season starts. @Brigby total breakdown coming? 
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    He basically said CL9 rewards are minimal over CL8... 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    He basically said CL9 rewards are minimal over CL8... 
    Minimal doesn't even describe it,  SG is up now,  only real change is rank 6-10
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    https://youtu.be/09_ygCH9NqE

After giving the the same quality thought as Demiurge has given into all their nerfs the last several years.

P.S. If players keep spending time and money without holding Demiurge accountable, they will not change.  They improved at lot in this game, but their nerf policy has been the worst of any game I’ve ever played.  Players know this is not an exaggeration.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s absolutely an exaggeration.