Soul Gem Season Updates *Updated (12/13/17)

Options

Comments

• cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Omg it says specifically versus tournaments now on the horrible shield rank update. Am I saved?
    That changes things.  Hope it's accurate!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Omg it says specifically versus tournaments now on the horrible shield rank update. Am I saved?
    Curious about your Shield Rank, roster strength in general, and what PvE CL you usually play.
    Are you a 6th grader slam dunking all over the 3rd graders on a 5-foot hoop, or playing on a more even field generally? 
  • Rick_OShay
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Uh oh, 522+ damage to allies sounds a bit high for champ 3* Gambit for just 5 black AP. 
    Spam this? I don't think so.

With the changes, I think you will want to fire this just once to get the damage and charged tiles on the board. Then it's red from there. You are probably already bringing another black AP user on the team, so you don't need to worry about damaging your team more than once. And if you do, it's good enemy damage for 5 black (for a 3*) considering you get the charged tiles during your turn.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Curious about your Shield Rank, roster strength in general, and what PvE CL you usually play.
    Are you a 6th grader slam dunking all over the 3rd graders on a 5-foot hoop, or playing on a more even field generally? 
    Considering I have not yet won a single 1st place finish in CL 6 I'm not slam dunking anyone. That any 5 stars I have are 1 cover zombies. That I have no champ 4s and no full champed 3s. I have a very robust 2 star farm that has pushed my Shield rank to 70. RNGesus hates my guts.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Gambit (Modern) Update
    Ragin' Cajun purpletilepng - No Changes

Aces & Eights redtilepng - No Changes

Stacked Deck blacktilepng - Power now costs 5 Black AP. Creates 2 Red and Purple Charged tiles, and deals damage to the enemy, as well as your team.

That disgusting damage from the nerf.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Even more updates!
    • The top 10 players (up from 5) in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 will receive a 4-Star cover
    • Ranks 2 - 5 will receive an additional 4-Star cover
    • Iso-8 Rewards have also been increased in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just give him 5* Gambits Black. His new Black is awful.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Even more updates!
    • The top 10 players (up from 5) in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 will receive a 4-Star cover

Poor Rank #1 ;) Only bragging rights for them?
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Even more updates!

@Brigby currently the T5 of SCL8 get 2 covers of the 4*.

Perhaps we could get the the full side-by-side table for SCL8 and SCL9 placement for comparison, the summary seems.... like maybe someone had a fever when they prepared it, so missed a line?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe if they changed Gambit's name to Wolverine he'd get nerfed properly.

Also RIP to my Gambattery. This will end the only time I ever liked Gambit.
  • Rick_OShay
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Even more updates!

Perhaps we could get the the full side-by-side table for SCL8 and SCL9 placement for comparison, the summary seems.... like maybe someone had a fever when they prepared it, so missed a line?

Wait, that's not much of a difference from CL8. Unless you've been getting T6-T10 a lot (me).

Does this mean that points based PvP is here to stay?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options

Gambit (Modern) Update

Stacked Deck blacktilepng - Power now costs 5 Black AP. Creates 2 Red and Purple Charged tiles, and deals damage to the enemy, as well as your team.

@Brigby
    The communication was Gambit would create 2 red AND purple charged tiles but your chart shows 2-3 red OR purple. Which is it?
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    You know it is 2 charged: red, purple, or 1 red & 1 purple
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options

Gambit (Modern) Update

The communication was Gambit would create 2 red AND purple charged tiles but your chart shows 2-3 red OR purple. Which is it?
    That was my mistake. Had a bit of copypasta, and accidentally added the number 2. It should just read "Creates Red and Purple..." The table should show the correct numbers.
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    SCL 9 in PVP is nice because it is basically a move that only benefits the players with no cost to them.  MMR will not change by SCL, so you will face the same opponents for better (I assume) rewards.  How much better is yet to be revealed.  This is in contrast to SCL9 in PVE, where you are getting more but you also need to be able to face harder opponents (and subsequently spend more time playing, usually.)

My other thought is if they ever implement wins based PVP using the prior reward structure, then the high level players who tried to spread out to other SCLs for the CP in placement will be locked into just 3 SCLs.  That's probably good for the overall playerbase, but sure to make those players angry.  (There are a lot of "if"s there, but I am just looking at future possibilities.)  Hopefully they will have a better reward design for future wins based progression runs.  If that gets turned back on.

I agree with thoughts on 5* Gambit.  I have one 5 champ - Spidey - and am not planning to champ others unless Gambit is one of them.  I don't need that MMR mess.  
    Huh, good point. I would never try SCL 9 in pve, but there is no real downside to trying it in pvp, is there? If it’s a week where I don’t have two boosted champed 4s and doubt I can make 900, the extra ISO and other rewards from the progression climb might we well worth it. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Even more updates!

@Brigby I see you are active right now. Can you please answer this question?  Really would like to have a game plan for these changes. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    That disgusting damage from the nerf.
    Disgusting good or bad? were you commenting on the enemy damage or the self team damage?

For me, it looks like a decent power and I can already think of a few teammates that would find it useful.
    Both honestly. Like it's surprisingly decent damage, but at the same time to spam that against your own team is playing it risky. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, I did not like the whole battery thing... But yes, I used it.  It was a no-brainer.

That being said, I feel that this nerf to the 3* version is a bit out of hand... No pun intended.  Why not just keep as is, except add the line "Gambits teammates cannot fire red/purple powers"?

I say this because as it is now, using a normal champed 3* gambit, its actually a viable character against the dreaded rocket/gamora/Medusa combo, getting rid of 3 of those pesky strong strike tiles after a couple turns.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have many other options to deal with the 1000's of players that use that team.

And I can just forget about his 5* for now.  All I own is 1 black and 1 red.  So, now my team can't fire red or purple, and gambit only generates purple, but only has a red for me.

Overall, getting rid of the battery is necessary... But that nerf... That just gets rid of how useful Ragin' Cajun was.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Both honestly. Like it's surprisingly decent damage, but at the same time to spam that against your own team is playing it risky. 
    Or, just pair up with Kamala and spam away!