MPQ at Marvel.com (Angel and Archangel) (12/12/17)

Options

Comments

• Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Ok, this seals it for me. The hoard will go to Gambit, Thor, and Archangel. Sorry, Daredevil, you were worthy but not liked well enough.

DD is awesome! He's the best partner for 5Thanos, hands down. If you don't have Thanos, I would go Archangel.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It sounds like 5* Archangel will stun and damage friendly airborne characters too? Not that big a deal, I guess, but why? It makes no thematic sense and seems like it's specifically just thrown in to prevent you from fueling him with Vulture.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

Soooo.. 3/4* players still do not have a counter against Vulture.. guess I have to join 5* land if I want to beat a 4*. Understandably there are no airborne abilities in 3* land but it would had been nice if the 3* version also had the airborne passive. As of now, this 3* version will sit next to useless Elektra, Starlord, and Hawkguy. 

You have lots of counters to Vulture in 4* land: Vulture himself (since you are denying black), MBird, Mordo, Carol, Yondu, Rogue, Peggy, etc). Don't let him get airborne, and if he does, deplete the AP he is generating. He has lower health by the way. Even the 3* Angel can stop AP gen in a specified color for just 7 black AP. Worried about Vulture? Play this CD on black, green, or blue.

As far as useless 3*s, Hawkguy should definitely not be in that list. For You maybe, but not for the huge 3* player base. 

Anyway, Angel & Archangel sound really fun and interesting. Sure wish he had an Airborne ability somehow, but it makes sense that he's swooping around to attack and not actually in airborne status.

So, when you stun an airborne character, do they lose 1 tick from their airborne status? As in, Vulture goes airborne for 2 turns, Archangel plays his blue Angle of Attack to stun him for 2 turns. Does Vulture land after this or does his airborne resume after the stun?     

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unless Archangel's black creates multiple, at least 5, protected countdown tiles to block AP generation, if Gambit already had the purple he'll just overwrite them all with a laugh.  
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unless Archangel's black creates multiple, at least 5, protected countdown tiles to block AP generation, if Gambit already had the purple he'll just overwrite them all with a laugh.  

Gambit overwrites fortified CD's. And keeps them fortified.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Soooo.. 3/4* players still do not have a counter against Vulture.. guess I have to join 5* land if I want to beat a 4*. Understandably there are no airborne abilities in 3* land but it would had been nice if the 3* version also had the airborne passive. As of now, this 3* version will sit next to useless Elektra, Starlord, and Hawkguy. 

You have lots of counters to Vulture in 4* land: Vulture himself (since you are denying black), MBird, Mordo, Carol, Yondu, Rogue, Peggy, etc). Don't let him get airborne, and if he does, deplete the AP he is generating. He has lower health by the way. Even the 3* Angel can stop AP gen in a specified color for just 7 black AP. Worried about Vulture? Play this CD on black, green, or blue.

As far as useless 3*s, Hawkguy should definitely not be in that list. For You maybe, but not for the huge 3* player base. 

Anyway, Angel & Archangel sound really fun and interesting. Sure wish he had an Airborne ability somehow, but it makes sense that he's swooping around to attack and not actually in airborne status.

So, when you stun an airborne character, do they lose 1 tick from their airborne status? As in, Vulture goes airborne for 2 turns, Archangel plays his blue Angle of Attack to stun him for 2 turns. Does Vulture land after this or does his airborne resume after the stun?     

I believe only one character status effect (Airborne, Stunned, Invisible) can apply at a time, if a new one is applied the old one gets overwritten. I know if you send a Stunned enemy Airborne they are no longer stunned when they land, even if the stun would have lasted longer than they were Airborne.

Looks like I need to think long and hard if I'd rather have this guy or Daredevil when I open my hoard. I have a champion Thanos, my Black Bolt is sadly underleveled (though he will probably get to be my bonus hero, but I still have a way to go before he's done).
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

Gambit overwrites fortified CD's. And keeps them fortified.
    Yeah, but if there's 5 then 1 will survive.  Tile overwriting is so powerful.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    If he stuns airborne characters and Nova's Rocket man only does damage when they come back down, does he negate the damage (by changing the status to a stun) or speed it up. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Haven't even got a single cover yet and I'm wondering who the champ reward for Angel will be.

Vulture?  Not a lot of symmetry with remaining 4*'s that don't already have 3* feeders.

• huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Haven't even got a single cover yet and I'm wondering who the champ reward for Angel will be.

Vulture?  Not a lot of symmetry with remaining 4*'s that don't already have 3* feeders.

Nightcrawler seems to be the most obvious candidate?

@Brigby I may have missed it somewhere, but have the 5* covers available in the Angel of Death legendary store been named?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm very excited for Angel / Archangel, and I'm looking forward to more info on 12 Days of Marvel, which I can only imagine is being drafted up for us right now.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    If he stuns airborne characters and Nova's Rocket man only does damage when they come back down, does he negate the damage (by changing to a stun) or speed it up 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the Angel of Death store going to let you buy with CP, or will it be a token only that you get from another one, like the Avengers Assemble thing going on now?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been having terrible 5* pull rates lately.  I hope that changes before Archangel hits tokens!  I don't have enough DD to make it worth chasing him as a classic.
  • cpeyton3535
    Options

@Brigby I may have missed it somewhere, but have the 5* covers available in the Angel of Death legendary store been named?
    True.  My thought was that NC was too 'new' but you're right, he seems the best fit.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options

True.  My thought was that NC was too 'new' but you're right, he seems the best fit.
    Well, Gambit champ reward is Rogue, who was released just before him. Apparently being too new is not a problem.
  • cpeyton3535
    Options

Well, Gambit champ reward is Rogue, who was released just before him. Apparently being too new is not a problem.
    Also also true!
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Ok, this seals it for me. The hoard will go to Gambit, Thor, and Archangel. Sorry, Daredevil, you were worthy but not liked well enough.

DD is awesome! He's the best partner for 5Thanos, hands down. If you don't have Thanos, I would go Archangel.
    Yea, everyone that has him champed seems to really like him. For me, its just about who I *want* to have. I've made due with 5* Starlord to this point and that hasn't been bad from a game perspective, but its time to get some Mutants to play PVP with!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If he stuns airborne characters and Nova's Rocket man only does damage when they come back down, does he negate the damage (by changing the status to a stun) or speed it up. 
    I'm also kind of curious about how it's going to interact with someone Colossus tossed with a Fastball Special.

I am looking forward to (someday) getting to punch people into the air with Riri and then smack them down with Archangel, tho :smiley: