Forum Thread

124»

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I didn't try the animations off and I never will. Like somebody said, I'm playing for Marvel Characters. If I wanted bejeweled I would just play that instead. And I also think grinding should be addressed in other way than this. 

This being said, I like the UI changes so far and the fact that we have more options. Hope the animations would stay the same as quality for future characters.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    The game is a heck of a lot quicker to play without animations, but it loses a whole bunch of it's charm too.
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    This update was misleading, not all animations have been eliminated. We still see the AP matches animate as they are matched, disappear and new AP drops down. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This update was misleading, not all animations have been eliminated. We still see the AP matches animate as they are matched, disappear and new AP drops down. 
    Yes, the tiles still move. How did you think the game was going to work if -nothing- was animated? And compared to other match-3 games (not all, but many) the tiles fall pretty fast.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cute. But the announcement specified "character animations" and the option to toggle is "character effects".  Never said all animations and it wasn't misleading.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Animations are never the reason I don't hit a certain placement and game would be too weird for me without them so I am leaving them on.  
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    My new favorite it using Penance Stare, and the opponent's life just disappears.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I love the switch target button.  

Not so sure about the animations.  I’ve already had a few cases where I lost a ton of health without realizing what happened.  Maybe I’ll get used to it.  It would be nice to have banners for all abilities, so it’s more obvious what happens.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    IVe turned animations back on already. Game is insufferably boring without them. 
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    I liked this at first, but then I realized without seeing the AI's animations' I suddenly have lots of health lost and no idea who did it and when...
    Time to turn them back on
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, if I'm not pressed for time, I'm going to put the animations on.  It's faster for sure but its charm is also gone.