Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since speed is everything in PvE, I don't like that turning off animations will pretty much be required if you want to finish T10 in CL9.

Yeah, there's plenty of animations that I'm tired of seeing, but that means that I won't see any of the new animations of new characters unless I turn them on again.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope this drops on iOS before my end grind (SL4). Should be a big advantage for those who have the update. Especially that animation-filled, Gambit/OML/Xavier node!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    I think it's important that we all take some time to evaluate this change, and see whether there are any additional consequences, before rushing to any concl--[[killed by hail of arrows]]
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool, Steam players get a speed advantage right before a HE Essential grind in PVE :neutral:
  • Daiches
    Daiches said:
    Cool, Steam players get a speed advantage right before a HE Essential grind in PVE :neutral:
    Those lucky ducks.  They get to lose to the tappers by a slightly smaller margin.
    Or they can tap fastest
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    For a future update, I'd be excited if they'd let us pick which characters we don't want to see anymore. It could be as simple visually as the "heart" icon for bonus heroes except a different icon. Click it on and you see the animations. Leave it unchecked and you don't.

Since its all or nothing tho, I'm going to give nothing a try. There are some I'd rather not see multiple timers per match anymore.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

If it's on Steam, shouldn't it be "clickers" rather than "tappers"?  Unless it's a touchscreen, I suppose.

For a ridiculously huge download, the only other visible effect so far is the "Gamora in falling snow" loading screen.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Death of animations? Try total death. Updated on Steam and the game stopped working altogether. Rather have those animations than no game at all. Not amused
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Neverhad any problems on Steam, though recently Ive been getting the message that gldriverquery.exe doesnt work. But I can click that away, and until now game worked fine through R140. Must be something in R141 I guess
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    It's up on Android, did a couple of Deadpool Daily nodes and I must say this is pretty sweet.
    I'll leave the animations on most of the time but if am shooting for top 5-20 in PvE or trying to get 900+ in PvP you better believe am turning them off
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

If it's on Steam, shouldn't it be "clickers" rather than "tappers"?  Unless it's a touchscreen, I suppose.

For a ridiculously huge download, the only other visible effect so far is the "Gamora in falling snow" loading screen.

I played steam version on a touchscreen often, yes. Think tapping was a reference to the action, not the hardware employed tho.

Ah, not the physical action of tapping the screen?  More like tapping a tree for rubber, or a keg for beer?

Seeing as it's mindlessly repetitive and time-consuming, I'd thought the former.

• AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Turning off the animations is so good. I've only done three nodes and I'm sold. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Let's begin the count of how many days pass before a character is accidentally released with no animations... and no one notices for days.

Also, I think it's weird that the "no animations" includes the smooth transition from their turn to my turn, but doesn't include the smooth animations when a cycle through the enemy team.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    This makes Gambit happy.
  • Daiches
    So fast...
    Needs banner for opponents activations though. Nearly missed that OML popped his claws the turn before he died.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Daiches said:
    So fast...
    Needs banner for opponents activations though. Nearly missed that OML popped his claws the turn before he died.
    I'm going to file this under "Be careful what you wish for".

I'm also starting a second countdown (countup? stopwatch?): Minutes until someone eats a Demolition they didn't even know had been fired
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I like the new change but the game looks ugly during the fights. Hate the new look
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    So fast...
    I'm going to file this under "Be careful what you wish for".

I'm also starting a second countdown (countup? stopwatch?): Minutes until someone eats a Demolition they didn't even know had been fired
    Wait, there's no indication that an enemy fires a power?  Like no banner or notification?

That's no bueno.
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited December 2017
    You wanted no animations, you got no animations.

Edit: Ok, at least once I've seen a banner fly by quickly. But it's much easier to miss than the 3-second Fury-on-throne pic. As only one example.

Member when Ambush -didn't- have a banner, and one turn you just made a Red match and DD just kicked you in the face for seemingly no reason?