Forum Thread

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    So fast...
    Needs banner for opponents activations though. Nearly missed that OML popped his claws the turn before he died.
    I'm going to file this under "Be careful what you wish for".

I'm also starting a second countdown (countup? stopwatch?): Minutes until someone eats a Demolition they didn't even know had been fired
    Actually in several threads I said they would replace animations with slightly faster banners, because no way they would hide actions happening from players (huge turn off for new players. See Goons generating AP).

Guess I was wrong.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, no, there are quick banners that fly by. Except for some goon powers, apparently, although they do at least place CDs so you can figure it out.

But they'll still be easy to miss, so my stopwatch stands.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    The banners don’t show when a power downs an opponent.  It does show otherwise.  It’s very fast, much more so than I anticipated.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's begin the count of how many days pass before a character is accidentally released with no animations... and no one notices for days.

Exactly. I am waiting for the response of "There's animations?" like when players question Sound

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Since speed is everything in PvE, I don't like that turning off animations will pretty much be required if you want to finish T10 in CL9.

Yeah, there's plenty of animations that I'm tired of seeing, but that means that I won't see any of the new animations of new characters unless I turn them on again.
    Turn them back on for the first fight with a new character. Then turn them off again. 
  • bOmbast
    bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Apparently banners are showing for passive abilities, but not active. Might cause a problem or two. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    mexus said:
     Match, match, trap triggered, Nick Fury laughing at me. Didn't see that trap coming did you?
    Already? Bahahahaha. I totally called that.
  • Jaedenkaal
    In fairness, they're not called traps because Fury calls you on your phone and informs you that the building you're standing in is rigged to blow.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the new change but the game looks ugly during the fights. Hate the new look
    What's your device/OS type?
  • Dayv

Member when Ambush -didn't- have a banner, and one turn you just made a Red match and DD just kicked you in the face for seemingly no reason?
    Whoa, deep cut there.  I used to have to watch his red AP like a hawk.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Thank you Devs, this is one of the best QoL changes you have ever put in the game.

Especially good with the holidays around the corner, clears will be cut down substantially.
  • Dayv
    thisone said:
    Thank you Devs, this is one of the best QoL changes you have ever put in the game.
    When the game's competition revolves almost entirely around speed, putting a toggle that significantly alters speed of play deep in the settings menu is not exactly appropriate to call a "QoL" change.

It's more like "leave this check box on if you don't care about winning".
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    without animations i feel like a super hero playing this game.
    huge quality of life improvement 
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I like the quicker pace. Some animations where just playing too often dragging the matches into eternity. If you could speed up the tile buffs/triggers now, that would be great.

I don’t like that animations are optional tho because disabling them is really mandatory if you want to compete at the higher levels.

And i think the animations should play once the first time you fire or trigger a power, so the superpower flavor remains and the designers can get still their respect for a job well done. And threads like what animations do you like best are still a thing.
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    II don’t understand the confusion. The button says “character effects”. Why would you think they’d add banners in place of animations? That’s not turning animations off, it’s replacing it with something else.

Also not a fan of the complaining about having to turn it off to stay competitive. When I started I was upset I had to skip the storylines to be competitive. Would you prefer if you had to watch every cutscene every time you replayed a node? No? So stop complaining about animations. It’s just as repetitive and time consuming as the cutscenes are.

As for being afraid of moves killing you because your not paying attention, then leave the animations on I guess? Don’t say your worried about new people. New people have no reason to turn them off to remain competitive. Last I checked there were no whales in SCL4 messing with the new guys.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Last I checked there were no whales in SCL4 messing with the new guys.
    You'd be surprised...
  • dash16
    dash16 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    D3 you absolutely screwed up this release for iPhone X.  The new interface is even smaller than it was before, with HUGE black bars on top and bottom of the screen.  It's like I'm playing on an iPhone 4 screen, not an X.  Also Control center doesn't open like it should when swiping on the top right corner, and you have to swipe up twice to close out of the app.  Completely embarrassing release, 2 steps backwards.

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I can’t wait to try this out! How much faster are people’s PVE final clear times with animations off?
  • dash16
    dash16 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    dash16 said:
    D3 you absolutely screwed up this release for iPhone X....
    Oh dear, they failed to accomodate special phone with its aberrant aspect ratio.

It was fine on R140.  They made it worse on R141.  Thousands of other developers have no issue making 'special accommodations' for the screen size.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gotta say, the darker background is puzzling me.

I don't know if I ever thought the background was busy enough to confuse me as to which tiles were doing what. With the bright foreground and dark background I can't help but think there's an ominous storm going on in every game.