Forum Thread

Comments

• Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    dash16 said:
    dash16 said:
    D3 you absolutely screwed up this release for iPhone X....
    Oh dear, they failed to accomodate special phone with its aberrant aspect ratio.

It was fine on R140.  They made it worse on R141.  Thousands of other developers have no issue making 'special accommodations' for the screen size.  
    http://bgr.com/2017/10/12/iphone-x-release-date-3-weeks-photo-shows-new-problem/

• dash16
    dash16 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Sandmaker said:
    dash16 said:
    dash16 said:
    D3 you absolutely screwed up this release for iPhone X....
    Oh dear, they failed to accomodate special phone with its aberrant aspect ratio.

It was fine on R140.  They made it worse on R141.  Thousands of other developers have no issue making 'special accommodations' for the screen size.  
    http://bgr.com/2017/10/12/iphone-x-release-date-3-weeks-photo-shows-new-problem/

I'm sorry, that article has nothing to do with the issue here.  D3 released an update that made it smaller than it previously was on iPhone X.  Many, many other apps have been updated by other developers to take advantage of the entire screen.  I'm not even asking for a full screen release of the app, just reverse whatever they did in R141 and go back to what it looked like in R140.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Good move from D3! Animations are not actually dead, you still have an option to turn it on, if u think the gaming experience is not that good. But for most of us who wants clearing speed in PVE, and fast hopping time in PVP, this is great!..
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    bOmbast said:
    Apparently banners are showing for passive abilities, but not active. Might cause a problem or two. 
    Active didn't have banners before. Looks like they didn't add them.

If you're confused, turn the animations on.

I suppose a more sophisticated design could let users choose between actives and passives and indications for each. Maybe MPQ will be that game someday.

It took four years to get to this point, I wouldn't hold my breath on it being refined that much anytime soon. Also, I'm on steam and i'm seeing banners for all enemy abilities fired including TU's.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    On the plus side, with that OLED display on the iPhone X, the black is truly black smile:
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. If you would like to discuss the issue of the smaller UI, please discuss in the Bugs & Technical Issues thread that has already been created HERE
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards

If it's on Steam, shouldn't it be "clickers" rather than "tappers"?  Unless it's a touchscreen, I suppose.

For a ridiculously huge download, the only other visible effect so far is the "Gamora in falling snow" loading screen.

I played steam version on a touchscreen often, yes. Think tapping was a reference to the action, not the hardware employed tho.

Ah, not the physical action of tapping the screen?  More like tapping a tree for rubber, or a keg for beer?

Seeing as it's mindlessly repetitive and time-consuming, I'd thought the former.

I think it may be lingo borrowed from Magic. Maybe?

Or it may indeed be from tapping a finger as time passes.

Or all of the above :tongue:
    Tapping in magic can either be referring to tapping lands for mana, activating abilities or attacking with creatures. Tappers on the other hands are creatures (or artifacts) that have the ability to lock down other creatures (or artifacts and lands) by tapping them. FYI tapping is the act of turning the card sideways. 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I LOVE THIS.

So much faster now.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m playing without the animations and it’s ridiculously boring.  I’m probably gonna do a few with them off and few with them on and see how bad the placement difference is. If it’s stark I might be done with the game. If it’s minor I’ll put them back on just accept slightly lower placement. T10 is impossible due to time slices anyway...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want top 50, it’s usually about getting the clears vs how fast.  There’s a big drop off of commitment after that.  I can enter just about any slice late and still end up top 50, even once at 900 or so.  It just requires clearing 6-7 times.

After seeing how fast and plain it is:  Does anyone else wonder if the AI has been thinking, “Hurry up already!  Make your match! Let’s get this over with!” all this time?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    If you want top 50, it’s usually about getting the clears vs how fast.  There’s a big drop off of commitment after that.  I can enter just about any slice late and still end up top 50, even once at 900 or so.  It just requires clearing 6-7 times.
    This. Top 50 should be super easy with animations on. 

I’m a T10 guy (just got 2nd overall in Sim and 1st in the last sub with animations off for the first time!).

Definately will be keeping them off!
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    it is really weird with out the animations, but the fact that abilities just blow up the board or people now with no title is a bit unsettling. all i did was the 1 star node of DDQ and it felt weird like using storm and jugg skills and people disappearing.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I love having the animations off, but I'm going to need to start paying more attention to my team's health bars. Since it's much less obvious when the enemy fires off a power, it's easy to lose a ton of health without noticing lol
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I will let the animations play. The few nodes I tried did not feel right.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Tried animations off, with a prof X to see how it went. It all just feels a little off I think. Gonna keep them on personally, never cared about top placement anyway.
    Can' wait to try it again though in Sinister six carnage wave: Make a match, then just lose.
    NOTE: I know it's normal with this game to never mention anything in game (minus sweepstakes and "rate this app") but they should seriously put some pop up in game so everyone actually knows about this option.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's important that we all take some time to evaluate this change, and see whether there are any additional consequences, before rushing to any concl--[[killed by hail of arrows]]
    Good thing I can turn off the animation where Stax gets perforated.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    You wanted no animations, you got no animations.

Edit: Ok, at least once I've seen a banner fly by quickly. But it's much easier to miss than the 3-second Fury-on-throne pic. As only one example.

Member when Ambush -didn't- have a banner, and one turn you just made a Red match and DD just kicked you in the face for seemingly no reason?
    And one more for Elektra and the wimp.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got this update. I'm not even going to bother turning the animations off, but I do really love the quality of life UI improvements that came with it. The new health bar and the character switching button are awesome. I'm in the camp that removing the animations strips the flavor off the game, so even though many of them get very repetitive I'd rather they be in than out. I used to have a theory that leaving an animation-heavy team on defense in PVP led to a lot of people skipping the match, but that is a very un-testable theory so I guess I'll never know.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    My favorite so far is when I KO somebody with Thanos on the team.  All of a sudden the other team dies from Court Death.