MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2017 Edition *Updated (12/22/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I apologize for the confusion. It does in fact look like Spider-Man (Back in Black) will be the next featured 5-Star character, as opposed to Thanos (The Mad Titan). I have updated the sneak peek to reflect this.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I apologize for the confusion. It does in fact look like Spider-Man (Back in Black) will be the next featured 5-Star character, as opposed to Thanos (The Mad Titan). I have updated the sneak peek to reflect this.
    @Brigby Any chance of sharing some insight into how/why the late changes was made?

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Brigby Any chance of sharing some insight into how/why the late changes was made?

To thwart the tap-a-thon 
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby Any chance of sharing some insight into how/why the late changes was made?

That's a good question; one that I'll reach out to the team to find out.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby Any chance of sharing some insight into how/why the late changes was made?

@Brigby Maybe you could also convince them to allow purchase of the black thanos cover in heroes for hire along side BSSM for this oversight or intentional change....
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm 6 levels away from champing Moon Knight and he's the progression reward? Sweet!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mikelnoe said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:

@Brigby Maybe you could also convince them to allow purchase of the black thanos cover in heroes for hire along side BSSM for this oversight or intentional change....

Don't hold your breathe.. I'm still waiting for my Kate PvE progression cover that was skipped
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From a purely selfish perspective it is nice to see that Black Suit Spider-Man is being used now rather than in a release event, since it is one of the classic 5*'s I don't currently have.
  • GibbletsGrabber
    GibbletsGrabber Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    mikelnoe said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:

That’s hopefull 

I’ll go one better and suggest they give a black cover to all players at no cost
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mikelnoe said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:

That’s hopefull 

I’ll go one better and suggest they give a black cover to all players at no cost

If we're reaching for the stars, my 5/5/2 (and black cover dying on the vine) would prefer green / colourless.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options

They are going to have to have Thanos as an essential character sooner or later, and DP vs MPQ is probably one of the better PvEs to have him in as it is only a two subs. Oh well, I have both Thanos and BSSM champed so practically this has Little effect for me personally.

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As there seems to be no logic in classic 5 order, what could possibly be reason for last minute change?
    Or did they realise it’s better for health pack consumption to keep Thanos available for 7d event? :-)
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BSSM instead of Thanos. Well, I already don't like 2 day subs and this event is two of them stacked back to back. My BSSM is level 255 1/0/2, so he's not going to help much in this event. Taking the family on an overnight trip on Saturday so I'll be busy anyway.

Easy call here, I'm going way, way, way down in SCL this event and save a ton of time. 

The only negative I see is that I'm not going to spend 250 CP for another Thanos cover. But with him sitting at 2/2/2 and me not using any of the 6 I'll eventually get from 4* Gamora yet, maybe that's a positive. 

Yea, that's 10 LL pulls. This event is all positive for me.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Petition to change clearence level.
    I entered 8 because I have a Thanos.
    Not gonna have fun in CL8 without a Black Spider Man though.
    Ooh, that's rough.  Unfortunately, they can't move you from one CL to another, but I'd recommend opening a customer support ticket anyway -- maybe they can help you in some other way.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Dayv said:
    mexus said:
    Petition to change clearence level.
    I entered 8 because I have a Thanos.
    Not gonna have fun in CL8 without a Black Spider Man though.
    Ooh, that's rough.  Unfortunately, they can't move you from one CL to another, but I'd recommend opening a customer support ticket anyway -- maybe they can help you in some other way.
    Hmmm. I might leave it as it is. I have promised myself not to contact their customer service again and I can't see what they could do to help me this time. Top 100 PVE, here I come. :)
    For just 250 CP, you can take a two-person team into that node!  ;)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What teams are you all taking into the Mystique PvP? I'm not immediately seeing any synergy between her and the boosted 4* characters, or between any of the boosted list themselves...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I will be taking Fury and a great deal of trepidation, as he's the only boosted champ I have this week.

I fully expect it to be horrible.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cloak and Dagger might be ok.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(12/07/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Story events
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Woot for boosted 5* Daredevil again.  That boy is a wrecking ball as long as you can keep him below 50% health.  Hot knife through butter time for The Hunt.

Fingers crossed that there will not be another last minute boosted 5* change.