Lightning Rounds - Villains - delayed

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I see daredevil is the new bagman. Came across obvious tank teams from wyp and chimaera which both featured daredevil

Dude thats my killer lineup, I hope you skipped it. Fear the DD IW X combo.

I get enjoyment out of playing those two anyways. Not actually sure if its having an effect yet tbh. Ah I did a bunch of skips and finally see some two star teams yikes... Facing pure 141's all Doom tourney was awful. Sorry for hitting you twice? in Doom Mikey, I knew I could burst down hood with my boosts in the first 3 turns and every other team was 3 meatshields. I was getting pounded on constantly at that point and just needed to break 1k.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would like to formally thank Ghast for ruining pvp mmr. I fought 141 teams from zero points to 1k in Doom PVP. After 3 entire lightning rounds of tanking almost every single team is still max 141 or higher. I do see the odd OBW in there but it seems to have little to no effect now. Its like the PVE mmr, you cant actually reliably reduce it once you get too high...**** sakes like **** ****.

EDIT: I was finally beat by something resembling a one star team, so looks like its still working although at least x3 as slow as usual. Everyone was fine with tanking as it was, promoting the tanking to generate swaths of iso is what caused this change I feel, and that is why I blame Ghast.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would be nice if villain lightning rounds didn't always follow the same order (start with Doom). In that order my better villains always come up at times I can't play... How about rotating the order each week so we get some variations?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hah, apparently everyone is tanking because I managed a top 25 right now. Got my 750 ISO as a reward...
    But yeah, LR is actually good for getting some ISO, gotta play them more often when I have the time.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rixmith wrote:
    It would be nice if villain lightning rounds didn't always follow the same order (start with Doom). In that order my better villains always come up at times I can't play... How about rotating the order each week so we get some variations?
    Not like it matters, the prizes are all the same now
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do these lightning rounds count for the PVP season? I was so excited to be able to participate in some of them (and not die a quick painful death) but the prizes have been nerfed and it takes up a good chunk of time when other events are running, like SHIELD pvp, so now I'm wondering if I should go back to skipping them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    No, only the ones with the season 1 banner do. In fact they were delayed because they were accidentally season 1 and were caught pre launch.

I would get to 100 points in each one minimum if you can, so much iso value for little amount of play.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    It felt good to finally lower my mmr.. Beginning the round with 150+ doom on each node was really tedious.. Reach 350 pts in 1h against half an hour normally.. Hope the feast i gave to the horde will be useful..
    I think even tanking by losing a ton of matches isn't lowering my MMR anymore.
    I lost 25 matches or so in the first LR (got up to 270, then put in my tanking unit and got beaten down to 50 points) and I had maxed villains all the way to 260 after the seeds dried up at 130.
    So unless my MMR is so sky high that losing 20 matches does nothing, I think that's it for tanking.
    Same here.. It seems i can' t lower my mmr.. I m facin 141 teams as soon as i finished seed teams.. Demiurge went from one extreme (mixing teams from varied level indifferently) to another one (facing only people from your lvl).. Again what s the point of making things so difficult for their fan base.. I feel like i m punished for having done well my homeworks.. The more i worked the more i got whiplashed.. Weird..
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many are they planning to do. Loki is next...anything after that though?
  • franckynight
    Options
    from previous LR thread
    ORDER (All times EST)

Doctor Doom- 12pm, 10pm, 8am, 6pm, 4am

Loki - 2pm, 12am, 10am, 8pm, 6am

Hood - 4pm, 2am, 12pm, 10pm, 8am

Magneto - 6pm, 4am, 2pm, 12am, 10am

Ragnarok - 8pm, 6am, 4pm, 2am, NOPE
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    from previous LR thread
    ORDER (All times EST)

Doctor Doom- 12pm, 10pm, 8am, 6pm, 4am

Loki - 2pm, 12am, 10am, 8pm, 6am

Hood - 4pm, 2am, 12pm, 10pm, 8am

Magneto - 6pm, 4am, 2pm, 12am, 10am

Ragnarok - 8pm, 6am, 4pm, 2am, NOPE

thanks. And sorry, didn't see the other thread originally. Was trying to search for it on my phone, but didn't find it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same here.. It seems i can' t lower my mmr.. I m facin 141 teams as soon as i finished seed teams.. Demiurge went from one extreme (mixing teams from varied level indifferently) to another one (facing only people from your lvl).. Again what s the point of making things so difficult for their fan base.. I feel like i m punished for having done well my homeworks.. The more i worked the more i got whiplashed.. Weird..
    After tanking 3 LRs last night, and one this morning, the first node after one seed team in Falcon is... A.R.E.S.
    Thanks D3 for taking the last bit of fun out of this game, even PVP is a chore now.
  • franckynight
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    After tanking 3 LRs last night, and one this morning, the first node after one seed team in Falcon is... A.R.E.S.
    Thanks D3 for taking the last bit of fun out of this game, even PVP is a chore now.
    VH-loki-meme.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    God Hood rounds are awful. Between him and everyone running Widow, I can't even cast any spells. :/
  • Unknown
    Options
    God Hood rounds are awful. Between him and everyone running Widow, I can't even cast any spells. :/
    You're running Scarlet Witch?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    You're running Scarlet Witch?

I've actually ran through all my characters... Every team got wiped by Widow/Hood/Thor(or Ares). Guess I'll just throw in Bags and call it a night.
  • Unknown
    Options
    are the servers down for everyone? was 23rd in a lightning round, if I don't get the rewards for that I'm gonna be pretty annoyed
  • Unknown
    Options
    are the servers down for everyone? was 23rd in a lightning round, if I don't get the rewards for that I'm gonna be pretty annoyed

They went down for me too. I was trying to crack top 100 myself.

I sent a ticket and will let you and everyone else know the outcome.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I dropped out of top 100, when I came back it said I had lost a bunch of fights, not sure how that happened, maybe I came back a few minutes after they brought the servers back up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Where do I send in a ticket?