Lightning Rounds - Villains - delayed

Options
Granted the Time For The Lightning Rounds Are Not Concrete. But We All Expect TheM At A Certain Time. is it Too Much To To Ask For Some Sort Of Announcement That TheY're Running Late, Or Better When They Are Expected To Start?

Comments

• SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mb they should add in "Latest news" time (when it's start) ? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    You know LRs do not hit the server queue until enough people grump on the forums. It was introduced in the R49 update.
  • Unknown
    Options
    To be fair we've had enough variation in starting times now (some intentional/some not) that I have no expectations when it comes to lightning round timing. And there is plenty of other stuff to do right now so I'll wait patiently.
  • warcin
    warcin Posts: 118
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    You know LRs do not hit the server queue until enough people grump on the forums. It was introduced in the R49 update.
    Well in that case... Grump grump. Just doing my part icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Warrior needs ISO.... badly.

aVU0oP8.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fair Point. However, Eventually We Should Have A Better Way To Determine Event Start Times Then Constantly Checking The Game Screen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fair Point. However, Eventually We Should Have A Better Way To Determine Event Start Times Then Constantly Checking The Game Screen.

Yeah, it would be nice if they could put up the 'event starts in' for everything, maybe 12 hours before the beginning for other pvps, pves, 3 hours for the first lightning round.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cmon baby! Daddy need a nice ISO reserve!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I need them to allow my mmr to take a slight dip before I push in Doom, the last thing I need is having the 141 teams I beat at 200 points to hit me back mid push.

Yeah there's ISO as well I guess.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If they're this late, it will probably be one of those "We had problems, so we're pushing all of this week's events back a day" things again.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    How about just the push notification I always get the 23 rounds AFTER the first one started?

"Doom's lightning round will start in 30 minutes!"
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    It was kind of without notice on our end too.

What happened:
    Lightning Rounds were setup up as per normal until final QA when they went to the test server noted that they were being billed as part of Season 1. That's bad, especially since no one had flipped the bit that would have attached them to any given season. So we've gone back and figured out how that happened and are in the process of resetting all the LRs so that you don't have to stay up for 48-72 hours to keep at Season play. I don't have an ETA at this very moment.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    It was kind of without notice on our end too.

What happened:
    Lightning Rounds were setup up as per normal until final QA when they went to the test server noted that they were being billed as part of Season 1. That's bad, especially since no one had flipped the bit that would have attached them to any given season. So we've gone back and figured out how that happened and are in the process of resetting all the LRs so that you don't have to stay up for 48-72 hours to keep at Season play. I don't have an ETA at this very moment.

Good reason to hold them back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for communicating the issue. That's definitely a very good reason to hold them back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    +1.

Although A 24 Hour Lightning Round Marathon....If It Wasn't For Health Packs And Mmr.....
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Capitalizing Every Damn Word Is So Seriously Annoying
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry. I Agree. Don't Know Why Swype Does It On Here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    +1.

Although A 24 Hour Lightning Round Marathon....If It Wasn't For Health Packs And Mmr.....

Never mind in game health packs... Might need a real life health pack to cope with 24 straight hours of lightning rounds.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    +1.

Never mind in game health packs... Might need a real life health pack to cope with 24 straight hours of lightning rounds.
    you can get a solid 30min to 1 hour nap in between rounds icon_e_wink.gif...12 rounds, thats at least 6-12 hours of sleep
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry. I Agree. Don't Know Why Swype Does It On Here.

For the first few of you posts I was trying to see what secret messages you were encoding with your leading letters. Couldn't figure out what "SIADKWSDIOH" meant.