PVE tapping

12346»

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    K1NGY said:
    K1NGY said:
    Once all rewards are done who cares about placement. Most rewards in top tier are gambled 8 elite cards could amount to 8, 1-2*. Would be great to get a latest cover for completing points though. Just saying. 
    Maybe you should check out the reward structure in scl9 first before commenting.
    I play for fun. No need to be too serious. It’s just a game. 
    Yet you suggest getting a 5star cover for completing less than 5/7th of an event (full progression)? At scl 5 or so?
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Daiches said:
    K1NGY said:
    K1NGY said:
    Once all rewards are done who cares about placement. Most rewards in top tier are gambled 8 elite cards could amount to 8, 1-2*. Would be great to get a latest cover for completing points though. Just saying. 
    Maybe you should check out the reward structure in scl9 first before commenting.
    I play for fun. No need to be too serious. It’s just a game. 
    Yet you suggest getting a 5star cover for completing less than 5/7th of an event (full progression)? At scl 5 or so?
    It’s all good mate like I said it’s just a game. 80% of the time I never finish events anyway so it doesn’t really bother me, rewards or not I’ve played for 870 days or there abouts. I’m quite content either way. If you read my post I stated “just saying” this didn’t mean I’m asking for hand outs. Chill.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    K1NGY said:
    T1-5 is 2 and 1 LT for a 3-4 day event and 4-2 LT for a 7 day event. Quite a bit more at stake than in scl 5
    2LTs for that amount of effort (without certain result - as far as i know, everyone can cheat this way, or?)... 

"They will tap tap tap this node for hours"

I dont see any problem. They spend tons of time in game, they get adequate reward, end of story.
    And for the authors of whinning posts: Why dont you do tapping as well? If you miss the rewards so badly and clearly ignore the hard work behind it, why dont you invest your time in game instead of trying to steal rewards from other players?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    Daiches said:
    K1NGY said:
    T1-5 is 2 and 1 LT for a 3-4 day event and 4-2 LT for a 7 day event. Quite a bit more at stake than in scl 5
    2LTs for that amount of effort (without certain result - as far as i know, everyone can cheat this way, or?)... 

I dont see any problem. They spend tons of time in game, they get adequate reward, end of story.
    And for the authors of whinning posts: Why dont you do tapping as well? If you miss the rewards so badly and clearly ignore the hard work behind it, why dont you invest your time in game instead of trying to steal rewards from other players?
    D3/Demi have said they do not like tapping. They changed it back in March and said they would monitor it. As with most things, it fell off. So we are reminding them about it. In fact, we are even suggesting MORE people to tap and will put out guides on how to tap so all know how to do this. Let's make tapping as big as possible. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it's been said, didn't bother reading the whole thread since many are going nuts at each other, but I see a couple solutions. The most common sense one to me, but probably the more difficult to implement, would be a shift to progression only where placement rewards are added into progression. Crazy? Well, we already have that in DDQ, alliance events, System Reboot, SHIELD Training, Gauntlet before they pretty much killed that off, and the occasional temporary pve event that rewards a 4* cover. A big upside to this is that issues that would affect you like your internet going out temporarily or a server issue wouldn't really affect you too much as compared to your internet going out on your grind on the last day of a sub in the current system. It could also mean better alliance progression rewards.

The easier solution, at least a temporary fix until they move to a more progression based system, would be to set the recharge rate to 0 after the tenth clear. This way you do your seven clears but you can still tap some nodes a few more times to help give you some extra points in a tight race. 
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    veny said:
    Daiches said:
    K1NGY said:

I don’t believe that this would be an adequate reward. If the path to LT’s is just farming a node for hours and hours then they should reopen the prologue and let you tap nodes for 20 iso a pop again.

If we can all agree that PVE is only about mental endurance and abundant free time, then fine, tap away. But this is not “earning” rewards. This is winning a bowling match by bowling an extra 30 more frames than your opponent.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Tapping is best for kegs.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:
    ...If the path to LT’s is just farming a node for hours and hours...
    I'll be honest, I'm neither a tapper nor even a high-end PVE player (I've not even hit Top 100 since the 8 hr timers went away), but everything about the current PVE format tells us that farming nodes for hours and hours is the developer's preferred path to LTs/CPs.  Why else did the progression reward adjustment extremely back-load the top rewards to 5 clears when 4 clears was the maximum when the current format kicked off?  

I'm not saying tapping is a good thing; I just can't imagine the developers view someone doing the traditional optimal play to be all that different than doing optimal play plus 20-30 extra clears on one hard node.  The only thing they spoke out against in this regard was excessive tapping on trivial nodes, which is a different story entirely.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    It’s NOT what they want, if you are to believe their last official comment.  Allow me to quote Brigby 

“Hey Everyone,

We’ve recently noticed some players have been repeatedly playing missions (upwards of 1,000 times!) in order to gain higher placements in Events. While this immense amount of dedication is certainly impressive, we feel that this just isn’t a healthy way to play the game, and it isn’t fair to players who don’t want to grind trivially easy missions for a significant amount of time.

Due to this, starting with The Hulk Story event, there will be some changes to the minimum amount of points a mission has. We will be monitoring player behavior over the next couple of events, and updating the system as necessary“

In fairness, that’s almost 9 months old now, but that’s why everyone who is trying to get them to take notice keep bringing this up.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Calnexin said:
    I apologize if this has been mentioned already - I haven't had the time to read through all the pages on every thread in the matter.

Put personal scaling in place after clear 6, with no limit.  Make it so people can keep clearing those nodes for 3 pts apiece, but after a few clears it's going to take them an hour when they're facing lv 1000 Moonstone with 1500 Muscle backup.

It gives a slight advantage to lower-tier rosters with less severe scaling, but they lose more on the front-end competition since they can't clear the first 6 nearly as quick as monster rosters.  The tie breaker remains in place, but it becomes exponentially harder to keep earning those points.

this is my preferred solution.  winning shuldnt just be about optimizing clears.  it should also account for who can beat the strongest enemies... like level 1000 ragnarok and level 1000 symbiotes
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s NOT what they want, if you are to believe their last official comment.  Allow me to quote Brigby 

“Hey Everyone,

We’ve recently noticed some players have been repeatedly playing missions (upwards of 1,000 times!) in order to gain higher placements in Events. While this immense amount of dedication is certainly impressive, we feel that this just isn’t a healthy way to play the game, and it isn’t fair to players who don’t want to grind trivially easy missions for a significant amount of time.

Due to this, starting with The Hulk Story event, there will be some changes to the minimum amount of points a mission has. We will be monitoring player behavior over the next couple of events, and updating the system as necessary“

In fairness, that’s almost 9 months old now, but that’s why everyone who is trying to get them to take notice keep bringing this up.
    That is the money quote—rolled out after recognizing players were taking trivial tapping to a whole 'nother level by abusing Thanos—but that's also the point at which they RAISED the residual points on certain nodes to 2 and 3, which ensured tapping was still viable.

Which supports the it's intended argument...  They want people to tap, but they don't want people to tap 1000 times, so they made it harder to tap by taking the points of the easiest nodes.  With the addition of SCL based scaling the hard nodes aren't hard for many and the huge numbers have returned again.  (and people who hate it are actively driving more use of it....)

I don't know what the fix is, but I'm sick and tired of hearing the vets cry about it like spoiled brats when someone else got a candy bar and they didn't...